• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite multiplayer is 113k concurrent player on steam now

A brand new and FREE multiplayer installment of an acclaimed multiplayer series has a surge of players on day 1?
discussion lounge GIF

tmlDan

Not sure if this is the place, but are they gonna bring back big team battles in the F2P MP? I find arena shooting kinda boring lol

Kinda feels like someone decided to revive unreal tournament without modernizing it.
You guys enjoy it I don`t get the praise for this.
You know, I kinda agree with this to a certain extent, it isn't clicking with me and something does feel a bit off or... perhaps 'dated' to me, when it comes to gameplay. But it's just personal preference, I've never been able to vibe with Halo.

Still formidable. Xbox gamers also have a higher games per console attach rate if I'm not mistaken.
Had never heard of that stat being compared before.

Did a quick google search and I don’t believe that to be the case but there could be something more comprehensive out there.

On topic though, anyone that had doubts that their flagship title wouldn’t do numbers like it’s pop is Cray-Z tbh. Halo looks fun hope yall enjoy

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Yeah not great on PC. I mean the gameplay's solid of course but no exclusive full screen is kind of a downer. What's more that even on 1080p with literally every setting either off or on low the game still feels very laggy and framerates fluctuate wildly.

Hope they give performance a look-in on PC because even on my ageing rig it makes no sense that it runs this poorly.

Kappa

Yeah not great on PC. I mean the gameplay's solid of course but no exclusive full screen is kind of a downer. What's more that even on 1080p with literally every setting either off or on low the game still feels very laggy and framerates fluctuate wildly.

Hope they give performance a look-in on PC because even on my ageing rig it makes no sense that it runs this poorly.
Runs amazing on my pc. Game is so fluid

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Kinda feels like someone decided to revive unreal tournament without modernizing it.
You guys enjoy it I don`t get the praise for this.

Only played two ranked matches so far but that's exactly why I'm enjoying it. This is exactly what I was looking for, just a simple fun arena style multiplayer game.

Explain the pre launch Forza numbers too for us please
I couldn't possibly care less about driving games so I genuinely don't know what you're referring to lmao

Having said that, your post seems weirdly defensive for some reason. Do you always get this way when someone points out the obvious? Or is it specifically because it's about your favorite company's new game?

I promise I'm not attacking your precious Microsoft, little one.
craig-no-need-to-be-upset.gif

Edit: for the record, I searched for the original "there is no need to be upset" gif but this one came up and I thought it was fitting. But I see it REALLY upset someone later in the thread lmao

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Oh, so the pc settings were there all along lol. That’s good to know. Seems like a solid release so far.

It runs well on both my systems so far @1440p.

Solid 60fps with all settings maxed (apart from shadows and reflections on high). A 3070 laptop and a 2070 super desktop.

Last edited:

Concern

I couldn't possibly care less about driving games so I genuinely don't know what you're referring to lmao

Having said that, your post seems weirdly defensive for some reason. Do you always get this way when someone points out the obvious? Or is it specifically because it's about your favorite company's new game?

Seems like you're the one upset along with the other trolls. Figured you'd deflect with another shitty post. 😉

oldergamer

is this adding to the thread or....

nemiroff

Gold Member

I have no idea how people like you come to the point of actually choosing to post petty garbage like this.

Edit: And you're still going..

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
i literally do not understand the difference between borderless fullscreen and exclusive fullscreen with DX12 games. Your game is fullscreen. The performance is the same. What's there to need? Why is there such demand for it outside of people thinking it would make a difference in-game performance wise?

My LG won't output 4K @ 120hz unless it's in true fullscreen.

I have no idea how people like you come to the point of actually choosing to post garbage like this. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?
LMAO I'm really pissing off a lot of illiterate children today, huh?

Let me make this abundantly clear to you and every other child that is getting emotionally defensive: I don't give a single fuck about your company allegiances. That's for the pathetic children to slug it out in the schoolyards and Twitter, not here. Stop acting like idiots, I beg you.

If you disagree with my explanation as to why a popular shooter is experiencing a day 1 surge, then that's fine - I don't care.

But when you bring up another Microsoft game as a defense and act like I'm the one that has an agenda, it's immediately obvious that you're reacting emotionally in defense of your favorite company. Just stop.
picture someone GIF

Having said all that, it was never my intention or desire to shit up a thread with a back-and-forth with actual manbabies, so I'll stop responding to them now.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
I've just booted it up on PC and these are the options:

6E0OFdh.png

Motion blur is there but I'm not seeing the chromatic aberration option anywhere unless I'm being blind?
Check the UI option I think. I can’t remember where I saw them on console

Banned
Those 364 butthurt sad kids pressing that down arrow though. 😅

to be fair there were some massive server issues when it launched. I for example had to alf+F4 out of the game because I was stuck in an infinite (lol) loop of the game trying to connect and failing... I could also not cancel out of the game trying to connect either

Justin9mm

Not trying to be negative, I have Xbox and Gamepass but is this really impressive for something that is completely free to play, given everyone knows Halo?

And as far as console.. You look at FH5 and Infinite, there's not much else big on Xbox right now and most people have gamepass and it's included. It's really not that impressive. Wake me up when Xbox has an exclusive title you need to pay for and has this much hype and or numbers.

People need to calm down, I'm sure it's a good game (have not played yet) but let's not pretend like people are paying $60 for it and these are the numbers.

Last edited:

Gaza

LMAO I'm really pissing off a lot of illiterate children today, huh?

Let me make this abundantly clear to you and every other child that is getting emotionally defensive: I don't give a single fuck about your company allegiances. That's for the pathetic children to slug it out in the schoolyards and Twitter, not here. Stop acting like idiots, I beg you.

If you disagree with my explanation as to why a popular shooter is experiencing a day 1 surge, then that's fine - I don't care.

But when you bring up another Microsoft game as a defense and act like I'm the one that has an agenda, it's immediately obvious that you're reacting emotionally in defense of your favorite company. Just stop.
picture someone GIF

Having said all that, it was never my intention or desire to shit up a thread with a back-and-forth with actual manbabies, so I'll stop responding to them now.
Sounds like your taking your interneting way too serious today, Maybe you should hop off before popping more blood vessels. Your clearly angry about people enjoying a game. you don't need to reply to people if they bother you that much.

GHG

Gold Member
Not trying to be negative, I have Xbox and Gamepass but is this really impressive for something that is completely free to play, given everyone knows Halo?

And as far as console.. You look at FH5 and Infinite, there's not much else big on Xbox right now and most people have gamepass and it's included. It's really not that impressive. Wake me up when Xbox has an exclusive title you need to pay for and has this much hype and or numbers.

People need to calm down, I'm sure it's a good game (have not played yet) but let's not pretend like people are paying $60 for it and these are the numbers.

I'd say the numbers were to be expected TBH.

I don't see them dropping off quickly though, there's nothing else available that's like this.

Sounds like your taking your interneting way too serious today, Maybe you should hop off before popping more blood vessels. Your clearly angry about people enjoying a game. you don't need to reply to people if they bother you that much.
How about you learn the difference between your and you're before you try to get smart with people on the internet? Thanks.

Guilty_AI

These are steam numbers tho. No xbox, no gamepass.

Top Bottom