• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite will feature remastered Halo 3 maps on November 14th

Sorne

is it half the price too?
No, but they condensed some of the levels so that instead of getting 1 shoulder piece in this level, and the other shoulder piece in another level, you're basically getting them at the same level now.
And also removed some of the fluff in between.

I think its alright. Made the grind less tedious.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
is it half the price too?
No, because while the levels are less the number of rewards is the same and all the riff raff prizes have been removed.

You can now unlock things in pairs instead of needing to unlock one then the other, all coatings now unlock at the same time, the free path is now firmly in the first 20 tiers.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
With the eventual reboot reboot, this is the type of stuff that needs to drop day 1. All original maps from 1-3.

Devote just 10 guys to it while developing so the contents there on launch.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
After seeing an Act man vid about the game I gave it a try again and it was actually pretty fun.
Didn't give me that sweaty feels 99% of the FPS games have these days.

The MP is solid.
And with more compressed seasons it should stay active for some time.

And we are getting FireFight this season......now just need them to announce FireFight Warzone and this might be my MP game of the season.

FireFly

Season 5 is over on the 14th, which means that's a new season (or mini battle pass), likely themed around Halo 3.

The season Battle Pass is over on the 14th, but Season 5 continues with 2 "operation" events, which are completely free mini battle passes.

"Season 5 features two Operations:
  • Combined Arms
    • Active between November 14, 2023, and December 18, 2023.
    • Free 20-tier Operation Pass featuring RHAKSHASA-themed rewards.
  • Winter Contingency III
    • Active between December 19, 2023, and the end of Season 5 in early 2024.
    • Free 20-tier Operation Pass featuring holiday-themed rewards."

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Halo is in such a good place right now, I'm playing it daily again at the moment. Personally I'm less interested in playing these old maps again, but as they'll be in their own playlist, I think that should keep everyone happy.

I think the latest additions to Halo's map roster are excellent, love the design and the themes. Hopefully people who've been away will stick around to take a look at some other things too.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

Chukhopops

The MP is solid.
And with more compressed seasons it should stay active for some time.

And we are getting FireFight this season......now just need them to announce FireFight Warzone and this might be my MP game of the season.
You mean an official Firefight mode or custom maps with AI? I want to try the custom Firefight maps but I’d rather wait for an official game mode.

Firefight from H5 is still unmatched when it comes to large scale MP PVE modes.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I've said it before and I'll say it again infinite is the best multiplayer game of this gen at the moment
Filled with content and plays extremely well
It's just the hype died down after its lackluster launch hope it picks up the pace again with players
I gave up trying to talk about Halo. I'm not big on the series, but when I played the campaign for Infinite it was the best controlling FPS I'd ever played. Thought the game could've used more diversity in the environments, but that was about my only complaint. It was nearly flawless from a gameplay perspective. Then for the next several years, the narrative got brute force changed to "it's a complete disaster" and the only reason anyone ever voted it for GOTY is because they were paid agents. Pointless to even keep talking about the game at that point on here. From a multiplayer standpoint, all it ever needed is to tweak the progression, and add more content. The gameplay was already flawless. Anyone looking at the game realistically shouldn't be at all surprised that it's in a good place now. It needed relatively minor things to get it right - more maps, and tweak the xp and rewards.

Last edited:

th4tguy

I love these maps. They are classics, but damn does this not looked slapped together? I'm looking at how the meshes blend in with the ground and other assets. It's such a sharp cutoff. This games engine is just a mess and these graphics look so dated. This game should have been the show piece for the system. What a let down.

Infinite is probably one of the best examples of how not to do a gaas game.
If infinite was launched today with this much content it probably would've been one of the greatest multiplayer games ever.

splattered

When your current game isn't quite resonating with people, just fall back on relying on older games that did...
I have absolutely no problem with this as long as they put out new fun content as well.

I also enjoy when something like gears adds older remade maps. Yes I've played them a million times over but they're solid maps and it's always cool to see them with a fresh coat of paint.

For the same reasons I'm not complaining at all about the older maps that MW3 is going to be launching with.

SimTourist

I love these maps. They are classics, but damn does this not looked slapped together? I'm looking at how the meshes blend in with the ground and other assets. It's such a sharp cutoff. This games engine is just a mess and these graphics look so dated. This game should have been the show piece for the system. What a let down.
These are all Forge maps.

stickkidsam

I gave up trying to talk about Halo. I'm not big on the series, but when I played the campaign for Infinite it was the best controlling FPS I'd ever played. Thought the game could've used more diversity in the environments, but that was about my only complaint. It was nearly flawless from a gameplay perspective. Then for the next several years, the narrative got brute force changed to "it's a complete disaster" and the only reason anyone ever voted it for GOTY is because they were paid agents. Pointless to even keep talking about the game at that point on here. From a multiplayer standpoint, all it ever needed is to tweak the progression, and add more content. The gameplay was already flawless. Anyone looking at the game realistically shouldn't be at all surprised that it's in a good place now. It needed relatively minor things to get it right - more maps, and tweak the xp and rewards.
Brute force changed? Dude what are you talking about? The core gameplay was solid in many ways sure, but there were plenty of problems from the start.

The game suffered net code issues pretty quickly after launch and performance problems weren’t rare either. Menus were also bugged. Infinite was missing not just content, but legacy features as well. The high praise for the game was due to people thinking the “beta” was a sneak peak of what was to come. The problem was the beta was legit the whole game.

Between the missing content, ignored community feedback, buggy net code, and the continuous delays on updates, people got pretty fed up. If you didn’t really play the older Halos then I get missing context, but there’s plenty of reasons people were so pissed.

Ozriel

M$FT
Brute force changed? Dude what are you talking about? The core gameplay was solid in many ways sure, but there were plenty of problems from the start.

The game suffered net code issues pretty quickly after launch and performance problems weren’t rare either. Menus were also bugged. Infinite was missing not just content, but legacy features as well. The high praise for the game was due to people thinking the “beta” was a sneak peak of what was to come. The problem was the beta was legit the whole game.

Between the missing content, ignored community feedback, buggy net code, and the continuous delays on updates, people got pretty fed up. If you didn’t really play the older Halos then I get missing context, but there’s plenty of reasons people were so pissed.

Did you even read what he said?

Not to mention he spent much of his post talking about the campaign and you’ve gone on a tangent solely about the multiplayer.

By ‘high praise’, he’s referring to the very good reviews the finished product got, not the beta.

stickkidsam

Did you even read what he said?

Not to mention he spent much of his post talking about the campaign and you’ve gone on a tangent solely about the multiplayer.

By ‘high praise’, he’s referring to the very good reviews the finished product got, not the beta.
Jokes on you motherfucker, I DID read what he said. Wanna see me do it again?!

BAM, too easy. Check this out:

From a multiplayer standpoint, all it ever needed is to tweak the progression, and add more content. The gameplay was already flawless. Anyone looking at the game realistically shouldn't be at all surprised that it's in a good place now. It needed relatively minor things to get it right - more maps, and tweak the xp and rewards.

Based on my years of reading Dr. Seuss, I can confidently say this second half of his comment is about multiplayer! Miku said he wasn’t really into Halo so it makes sense that he might not get why there was such a sudden shift. Make no mistake though! The reason for that shift is important, and it was due to the multiplayer. It sure as shit wasn’t because of the (passable) campaign! Infinite’s high praise and subsequent criticism is heavily tied to the history of the series, which lacking context, he wouldn’t have known.

So yeah I’d say my tangent was on point.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Jokes on you motherfucker, I DID read what he said. Wanna see me do it again?!

BAM, too easy. Check this out:

Based on my years of reading Dr. Seuss, I can confidently say this second half of his comment is about multiplayer! Miku said he wasn’t really into Halo so it makes sense that he might not get why there was such a sudden shift. Make no mistake though! The reason for that shift is important, and it was due to the multiplayer. It sure as shit wasn’t because of the (passable) campaign! Infinite’s high praise and subsequent criticism is heavily tied to the history of the series, which lacking context, he wouldn’t have known.

So yeah I’d say my tangent was on point.
I admitted right up front I'm a Halo novice. But I have played FPS games before and to me, it seemed like one of the most rock solid foundations in the whole genre, in terms of core gameplay feel and control. I always thought that was the hardest part to get right and they got it right. I agree it was missing content. I just think it is far easier to add that if the base game is great, and I personally thought it was for sure.

My brute force comment was about how exaggerated and over the top the criticism has been for years now. Not just saying the game is missing stuff or has a poor battlepass, but rewriting history to the point that you really couldnt acknowledge the game has any redeeming qualities at all. Thats just detached from reality in my humble, casual Halo fan opinion. I said all this before but maybe it wasnt making sense. I dunno. I dont care if people have criticism about the game. I just think a lot of people went well overboard on it to an insane degree.

None of the core gameplay has had to change at all. It was already great.

Last edited:

Dutchy

The best maps this franchise has ever seen.

Now with sprint, abilities and god awful graphics/forge renditions.

So nostalgic, can't wait to be play.

RPS37

Really loving the game lately.
Trying to max out all of the battle passes, since you buy one, you get em all.

Top Bottom