• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars 2 |OT| Warranty For Suckers

Rant incoming

There is a ton of people that have now uploaded the ending of the game, the game movie and the whole game itself one day before the early access, I don't know if they breached their embargo, they are leaking the game etc my point is this is... sorry for the rant this is fucking bullshit! 2 years ago I tried to reach MS or 343i in order to get a review copy of H5 I was ignored (except by Stinkles he is awesome) so I worked on my own to get the game early only for one purpose and that is to do my job with anticipation it was a success and H5 is the #1 game on my YT channel and now with more than the double of subscribers and tons of content created I tried to get a Halo Wars 2 copy again just to work early and guess what? I got nothing but instead people that apparently got what I wanted are uploading the whole damn thing 1 day before everyone else...

This is totally unfair even some channels that are way smaller than mine are doing it I guess that since I'm Mexican, living in the other side of the border and my Halo channel is on Spanish not English they simply don't care, I should have bought the game on the grey market like I did with Halo 5 but no I decided to follow the rules but it looks like NDA's and all that kind of stuff means nothing, my whole dedication not only to my channel but for this franchise means nothing only because my videos are not on English...

Can you buy this not on the Win10 store? That determines if I purchase it or not lol.

Yeah, but it's complicated, as is everything with the Win10 store. When you click on the banner for the Ultimate edition pre-order, you should see a medium tile on the upper right with a link to the standard edition pre-order.

If you click the standard edition tile on the upper left, which is where the bundled stuff information is, it'll take you to the standard edition page, but with no way to purchase it.

Ade

Rant incoming

There is a ton of people that have now uploaded the ending of the game, the game movie and the whole game itself one day before the early access, I don't know if they breached their embargo, they are leaking the game etc my point is this is... sorry for the rant this is fucking bullshit! 2 years ago I tried to reach MS or 343i in order to get a review copy of H5 I was ignored (except by Stinkles he is awesome) so I worked on my own to get the game early only for one purpose and that is to do my job with anticipation it was a success and H5 is the #1 game on my YT channel and now with more than the double of subscribers and tons of content created I tried to get a Halo Wars 2 copy again just to work early and guess what? I got nothing but instead people that apparently got what I wanted are uploading the whole damn thing 1 day before everyone else...

This is totally unfair even some channels that are way smaller than mine are doing it I guess that since I'm Mexican, living in the other side of the border and my Halo channel is on Spanish not English they simply don't care, I should have bought the game on the grey market like I did with Halo 5 but no I decided to follow the rules but it looks like NDA's and all that kind of stuff means nothing, my whole dedication not only to my channel but for this franchise means nothing only because my videos are not on English...

FWIW I would assume the issue lies more with whichever PR Company/Agency handles this game in your region (Mexico?) than if 343/Frankie care about you.

When I did reviews etc I tended to find that it mattered less on the size of your audience, the quality of your site and such and that the only thing that counted was who you had a relationship with PR wise, some PR agencies seemed to give codes out to anyone that asked, while some had more stringent rules and often different companies cover different regions.

With regards to people posting the ending, yeah its shit, but it doesn't mean they got something you didn't, physical copies of the game have been in the wild for at least a week and obviously they came with no NDA.

Not to mention the fact several channels have just uploaded anothers content after copying it.

FWIW I would assume the issue lies more with whichever PR Company/Agency handles this game in your region (Mexico?) than if 343/Frankie care about you.

When I did reviews etc I tended to find that it mattered less on the size of your audience, the quality of your site and such and that the only thing that counted was who you had a relationship with PR wise, some PR agencies seemed to give codes out to anyone that asked, while some had more stringent rules and often different companies cover different regions.

With regards to people posting the ending, yeah its shit, but it doesn't mean they got something you didn't, physical copies of the game have been in the wild for at least a week and obviously they came with no NDA.

Not to mention the fact several channels have just uploaded anothers content after copying it.

I have (or I thought I had) good relationships with the PR people of Xbox Mexico and I asked them the review copy, you know the results

Ade

I have (or I thought I had) good relationships with the PR people of Xbox Mexico and I asked them the review copy, you know the results

Gotta wonder if they sent anyone on the Mexican side of the world one in that case, perhaps they're slack? Your channel is certainly a pretty bloody large one all things considered.

Failing on their part for certain, its unfathomable that they didn't get you a copy and the blame lies totally with the Xbox MX PR folks.

Great OT, can't wait for tonight.

And sorry if this was answered already, but is Anders no longer Asain? Tried to stay away from any of the media/cutscenes before release...was just thrown off by her picture in the OT.

I understand the change with Cutter and his voice actor, but he still pretty much resembles the character.

Holy shit, I won the Ultimate Edition from the Fios Xbox dashboard instant win game (supposedly only for people in the general NY area)! Very happy right now.

In. I gotta replay the original through this Definitive Edition. So that leaves early access on the 21st, or is it already on its final build..?

B3N1

Swap LT/LB option. BASED 343/CA.
Was scared at first, it didn't work in the tutorials.

Played the first two missions, so far feels a bit different than Halo Wars DE. After 60FPS, this is a lot more sluggish, and having the RT as modifier makes unit switching a pain. In HW, as soon as I pull RT, the scroll happens instantly, here, only when I let go. I feel like a 5 year old, calculating every trigger pull, one by one, as the UI seems to have an added delay on top of this. Honestly, if I had the choice to remove the option to hold RT, I'd do it. Was okay without it in Halo Wars, and All Units + Scroll works faster for me. If I wanted to cycle between groups, then I have D-pad down anyways. Seems like a solution for a non-existent problem. I'd welcome an option to turn it off, or if they want to keep parity, maybe move to one of the sticks presses, bumper hold, or something. Currently I'm just grumpy that it's just holding back my HW habits.

In HW I can easily select my barracks/field armory/etc. building, whenever I need, no thinking, all are unique. Compared to those,the new ones are all metal boxes. Guess that's why they went with the nametags on them.

What instantly sold HW for me was hearing all the Halo 3 sounds and seeing those units. I still remember when my Spartan lost its shield for the 1st time in the demo. Here, everything has a new sound and look (Are these Scorpions H5 models?). It doesn't really fell like a Halo game so far. Like it lost its soul or something.

Probably the above sounds stupid, but whatever, gonna dive into MP for the night.

And sorry if this was answered already, but is Anders no longer Asain? Tried to stay away from any of the media/cutscenes before release...was just thrown off by her picture in the OT.

I understand the change with Cutter and his voice actor, but he still pretty much resembles the character.

Anders in movement looks more similar to her older self, the character portrait is what's weird.

Gotta wonder if they sent anyone on the Mexican side of the world one in that case, perhaps they're slack? Your channel is certainly a pretty bloody large one all things considered.

Failing on their part for certain, its unfathomable that they didn't get you a copy and the blame lies totally with the Xbox MX PR folks.

Like last time I just wanted to work early that's it, I don't even care if it's free I would have payed like I did with the ultimate edition I just wanted to do my job :'(

Tecnniqe

Banned
Great OT, can't wait for tonight.

Yeah they changed her completely.

I'm greatly annoyed over it as the first one was quite good.

RoKKeR

Alright, UE it is. The fact that it includes campaign missions is enough of a sell, and I have no issue spending a bit more on this game. Excited for tonight!

Can't pre-order from microsoftstore.com at the moment. Anybody else have this issue?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Alright, UE it is. The fact that it includes campaign missions is enough of a sell, and I have no issue spending a bit more on this game. Excited for tonight!

Can't pre-order from microsoftstore.com at the moment. Anybody else have this issue?

Whats the issue?

Werd

My CDKeys order is in and activated without issue, the 7 GB patch I didn't already have from pre-loading earlier started as soon as I launched the store.

Now to open 19 packs on Waypoint..

depward

Waiting to open packs until I can do so in the game.

I dunno, seems more exciting doing it in-game vs click to open >> poof there they all are!

I've had the game pre-ordered for a month or so with the intention of playing the DE of the original but I never got around to it. I suppose if I love 2 I'll hop back into it after the fact.

Probably going to be hopping between console and PC for this so it'll be my first real case of trying out Play Anywhere.

Falchion

Just bought the ultimate edition on a whim. I've never played an RTS but the fact that this is Halo and it looks pretty cool, plus it comes with the original, the new one, and the season pass for $80. Excited to get into this.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Waiting to open packs until I can do so in the game.

I dunno, seems more exciting doing it in-game vs click to open >> poof there they all are!
Truth!
Just bought the ultimate edition on a whim. I've never played an RTS but the fact that this is Halo and it looks pretty cool, plus it comes with the original, the new one, and the season pass for $80. Excited to get into this.
:)
Halo Wars 1 & 2 are probably some of the easier RTS to get into for starters.

To me the HW2 Ulti is a great value prop if you like RTS games.

Werd

Oooh, it's as I hoped - CDKeys version launches with out waiting! On PC at least, I'll try XBox in a bit. Must be sourced from physical.

Time for some quick lunch then campaign.

Why only 13 missions? What chance of DLC later this year to expand it somewhat?

Story DLC incoming:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/halo-wars-2-ultimate-edition-pre-order/bscng6rgs4n5

"The Season Pass delivers regular updates that span more than six months, including: New Leaders with abilities that change the course of multiplayer matches, new Units that add to your multiplayer arsenal, new Blitz cards to collect and take into battle, and new campaign missions that expand the Halo Wars 2 story."

Top Bottom