• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars 2 |OT| Warranty For Suckers

CuNi

I just wanted to join HaloGAF but then I noticed the "343" Member count and reconsidered.. I don't want to be the guy breaking this beautiful number..

Hawk269

Gotta say the Halo Wars Live show is actually pretty decent. These things tend to be cringed, but outside of a few moments it's been very watchable. Loved the segment on BLUR and cinematics. Really well produced.

I agree, it was actually pretty good and loved how they got into some details on some stuff. It was funny seeing Phil Spencer and Major Nelson making a point that Phil was wearing a Project Scorpio shirt. Just counting down the hours before it unlocks here in Idaho!!

willbsn13

I agree, it was actually pretty good and loved how they got into some details on some stuff. It was funny seeing Phil Spencer and Major Nelson making a point that Phil was wearing a Project Scorpio shirt. Just counting down the hours before it unlocks here in Idaho!!

Did Phil do an interview? Dang I turned the stream off at the wrong time! Any chance anyone has a timestamp so I can rewatch it on the stream recording or even a seperate upload?

Basic & Advanced tutorials and first two campaign missions completed, game looks and runs great sans for a few minor instances of hitching and audio distortion during the amazing Blur cutscenes.

Bubba77

Couldnt resist. Just bought standard. Thatll give me time to finish Nioh this weekend.

My god these two months are busy. Finished re7, nioh, hw2, zelda, horizon, mass effect. I need to take time off work....and kids

Alright, finished the first mission; gonna have to spend some time in the settings at some point, since I'm really not very happy with my frame rate and I suspect that's only gonna get worse. I've been spoiled by NVidia's optimized settings lol. Game is gorgeous tho. GOnna be sad to see that go.

Question: how do I open the pause menu...? Escape doesn't seem to do anything. Is that just a mission one thing?

Spasm

Tuts and first two camp missions done... I love it. Holy crap it plays fast and smooth. Much better than the first game, imho.

Shwoo. That first time you build a base and watch it dropped down from spirit of fire, then unpack.....

latest

Gorgeous

Two problems so far:

1) Game won't go into Full Screen even though I've told it to. Even restarted.

2) Audio was stuttering a bunch during opening cinematic

AYF 001

Alright, finished the first mission; gonna have to spend some time in the settings at some point, since I'm really not very happy with my frame rate and I suspect that's only gonna get worse. I've been spoiled by NVidia's optimized settings lol. Game is gorgeous tho. GOnna be sad to see that go.

Question: how do I open the pause menu...? Escape doesn't seem to do anything. Is that just a mission one thing?

From what I remember in the betas, it's F10. You can rebind it anyway.

Hawk269

Is there a Day One Patch for Xbox One? Just curious if they have one and if it fixed some of the issues that some reviewers had with the game. Did not sound game breaking bugs, but always want the best experience and hoping a day 1 patch fixes things if there was one.

aEku

Two problems so far:

1) Game won't go into Full Screen even though I've told it to. Even restarted.

2) Audio was stuttering a bunch during opening cinematic

got this too..

you have to change it in the options to windowed and then back to full screen, but each restart its windowed again... must have something todo with uwp

then it come to my mind alt+enter works in some engines, here too =)

sure its no fix.. but in the beta i went all the time in the options at each restart..

got this too..

you have to change it in the options to windowed and then back to full screen, but each restart its windowed again... must have something todo with uwp

then it come to my mind alt+enter works in some engines, here too =)

sure its no fix.. but in the beta i went all the time in the options at each restart..
Thank you. That worked. Also, my stuttering was fixed with a few video tweaks. Looking better now.

Nope. I was wrong. Cinematics in the middle of mission 1 were perfect, then after were back to stuttering like crazy. I'm running 8 GB of ram, a 1070, and 4770K. I would hope my computer could handle this...

Thank you. That worked. Also, my stuttering was fixed with a few video tweaks. Looking better now.

Nope. I was wrong. Cinematics in the middle of mission 1 were perfect, then after were back to stuttering like crazy. I'm running 8 GB of ram, a 1070, and 4770K. I would hope my computer could handle this...

I'm running an i7 6700, GTX 1070, and 16 GB RAM and I'm experiencing a few hitches here and there during the cinematics with some audio static as well. I think there is some loading in the background during the cutscenes that may be the cause, not sure.

Also using latest NVIDIA drivers that were supposedly optimized for Halo Wars 2.

Curious if the experience is the same on Xbox One, will check it out in a bit.

njean777

I would really like my Halo wars 1 code..... I still haven't gotten it from MS and I pre ordered the ultimate edition last week.... like WTF....

I was downloading the game which was a 20+ GB file until it got to around 40-ish% and said "Ready To Play", so of course I clicked on it. I got an update prompt asking me to download a 2.8GB update so once I confirmed it, my Halo Wars 2 download went back down to zero percent and is now downloading 15GB.

Any idea what's going on there? Did it just dump whatever was already downloaded from the percentage and is now showing me what's left of the game plus the update? Also, wasn't the patch supposed to be 6GB? What's going on here?

Zyae

I was downloading the game which was a 20+ GB file until it got to around 40-ish% and said "Ready To Play", so of course I clicked on it. I got an update prompt asking me to download a 2.8GB update so once I confirmed it, my Halo Wars 2 download went back down to zero percent and is now downloading 15GB.

Any idea what's going on there? Did it just dump whatever was already downloaded from the percentage and is now showing me what's left of the game plus the update? Also, wasn't the patch supposed to be 6GB? What's going on here?

the install % is always game + download

Spasm

I just got a 2.8gb update on Xbox One. 👍
Same, even after playing a couple of hours. I had a crash to dash, then the game wouldn't even start. Cold booted the Xbox before it picked up the update. Hope that fixes it.

Edit: Holy crap this is going at 14.4k speeds. Get off my innernets you damn kids!

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
A year ago, I was DYING for a Halo Wars sequel. For some reason, now I can't muster any excitement for this.

I have no fucking idea why either. It's $58AU on CD Keys. Tempted just to support the game.

Avallon

Bought the Ultimate Edition today. Do I have to wait for the game to unlock to play the DE? I haven't been able to download it yet.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Bought the Ultimate Edition today. Do I have to wait for the game to unlock to play the DE? I haven't been able to download it yet.
DE should be available from the get go. Although the game unlocks in like 10 minutes so the servers could be a bit busy. Try restarting?

Top Bottom