• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars 2 |OT| Warranty For Suckers

Werd

I wish they'd stop forcing the Halo app to launch after directly selecting Halo Wars 2 (or Forge previously) already. I had deleted it before to bypass it, but it has service record and such for HW2 so it'd be nice to actually have it installed.

louiedog

Anyone successfully download on Win 10? Mine keeps getting stuck at 22 MB. I have 50 GB free on the drive and my store app is up to date.

edit: After several store restarts it finally worked. Nevermind.

Lren

Anyone successfully download on Win 10? Mine keeps getting stuck at 22 MB. I have 50 GB free on the drive and my store app is up to date.

Mine was stuck at 22mb for a few minutes before it finally started going, no other issues outside of that.

Pretty sure all I had to see was Firefight to be sold on the game lol.

edit: After several store restarts it finally worked. Nevermind.

Yup, restart fixed it. Downloading now!

For the record, issues I had:

1. Store insisted on not signing me in. I *had* set up Windows Hello since my last reboot, so this one might be on me.

2. After restart, store insisted that the game wouldn't work on my device.

3. Opened game hub, because that was the only button available

4. Opened store through game hub

5. Download button showed up

2-5 *might* just be startup shakedown stuff, fwiw. But the game is downloading!

And the store actually asked me which drive I wanted to use when it started! It's improving! :O

Werd

Well the first thing I went to check unfortunately wasn't there. Can't figure out any way to build units without bringing the camera back to base on PC, the building slot hotkeys only work on the base you are looking at and you can't control group a building. It's what I expected but was hoping otherwise. Going to have to heavily use camera location hotkeys I think, which I did in SC2 anyway.

The mini-map bug from the beta isn't as bad but it was still a little messed up, occasionally taking a second click and sticking when dragging around.

I'm liking the hotkeys for the radial menus though, got used to those pretty quick to queue up units/upgrades faster. And you can change the Blitz card ones that were stuck in the beta.

Theorry

Really liking the mission structure so far, They have something unique in them instead of getting to a point and fight wave after wave.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Man the wait for this has been long. Looking forward to getting hands on with it sometime next week.

Insane OT great job!

Werd

I wasn't expecting there to be normal Halo-esque playlists, thought it would be like Blitz and Halo Wars 1 (I think? been a while) where you just choose a player count and gametype. Here is what's available.

Versus AI: 3 players vs AI. That's cool, nice to add matchmaking for AI matches.
Rumble: 3 vs 3 Strongholds. Unlimited resources/tech, 15 minute time limit, whoever has the most strongholds at the end wins.
Team Objective: 2v2 or 3v3 Domination (just says 4-6 players).
Solo War: 1v1 Deathmatch, the standard RTS mode.
Team War: 2v2 or 3v3 Deathmatch.
+ the full player count choices in Blitz from the beta. Firefight seems to be party only.

Works for me, probably would have been too many playlists for the player base separated out. Alright, messed around with the options/menus enough, now to get some campaign in.

Word of warning, the last cutscene was already unlocked (I've only completed 5/6 missions)when I went to check out the various menus. Couldn't resist, and now I know how HW2 ties into Halo 6 a bit before time.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Gonna get home, eat some din din in a hurry, then off to the Halo Wars! Do campaign at first but Ill probably switch to MP later.

GT is Nightmare22m

louiedog

can't start on win 10 yet

edit: seems to indicate it doesn't unlock until midnight EST. is that right? later for windows?

Spasm

can't start on win 10 yet

edit: seems to indicate it doesn't unlock until midnight EST. is that right? later for windows?
Launches on PC for me. I am also EST.

And can I just say how much I hate launching Halo games, just to have it launch the Halo app, where I have to launch the game again.

splattered

Watching the stream on Twitch.tv/xbox, they just randomly gave away a new HW2 console to a twitter user..???

I haven't seen any mention that you needed to do that to win a console or copy of the game?

Arghhh

louiedog

Launches on PC for me. I am also EST.

And can I just say how much I hate launching Halo games, just to have it launch the Halo app, where I have to launch the game again.

Looks like they're fixing it. It had a message about it unlocking later but now says play. I still can't launch it, however.

edit: nope. store still indicates midnight launch

zeeaykay

Gotta say the Halo Wars Live show is actually pretty decent. These things tend to be cringed, but outside of a few moments it's been very watchable. Loved the segment on BLUR and cinematics. Really well produced.

willbsn13

Haven't got the game yet. Was just wondering, is Blitz mode only on the Proving Grounds map? Or is there more maps than that?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Fucking hell Tecnniqe, I might just get the game due to the beauty of this OP.
Maybe I can power through the campaign at the very least.

psyfi

Banned
Is there a spoiler thread? I don't want to play this, but I want the story info (especially with how it may tie into Halo 6).

Hawk269

Story DLC incoming:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/halo-wars-2-ultimate-edition-pre-order/bscng6rgs4n5

"The Season Pass delivers regular updates that span more than six months, including: New Leaders with abilities that change the course of multiplayer matches, new Units that add to your multiplayer arsenal, new Blitz cards to collect and take into battle, and new campaign missions that expand the Halo Wars 2 story."

In addition, on the Live Stream, Dan Ayoub just stated that New Content will be released monthly on the 3rd Wednesday of every month for the next six months. He also mentioned that additional MAPS will not be part of Season Pass and there won't be a fee because they do not want to splinter the online community.

BTW...Great OP Tech. You should add the prices for Blitz Packs to the OP

It's live for me (EST), time for some Campaign goodness.

Got an e-mail today from CDKeys. Played the first 2 missions of the original game. Staring with that first game. Couldn't find any online matches yet, not that I am ready, just curious. Smooth so far and the graphics are very well done.

RoKKeR

In addition, on the Live Stream, Dan Ayoub just stated that New Content will be released monthly on the 3rd Wednesday of every month for the next six months. He also mentioned that additional MAPS will not be part of Season Pass and there won't be a fee because they do not want to splinter the online community.

BTW...Great OP Tech. You should add the prices for Blitz Packs to the OP
That's great news.

xabbott

So I bought the ultimate edition after the reviews came in. How do I access Halo Wars DE? On the Xbox it's acting like a HW2 add-on on PC I get no download button...

Top Bottom