• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has anybody been financially affected due to the recent events?

So far, so okay.

Wife works backend in the medical field, so she's super busy and has always worked from home. I work for an ISP and one thing people need these days is the internet, so we're staying extra busy, and they're letting me work from home now, which is.. Interesting with the kids home full time too.

Mom is a travel agent and they cut her hours so not sure how that's going to pan out if this keeps up long term.

Crazy how everything can be upended just like that.

I'm still doing ok. Work in construction and I expect it slow soon as people stop spending but my side hustle web cam stunt cocking has taken off the past week.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Besides Trump's proposal of sending out cash monies, does anyone know if there's any programs right now to help people even with small amounts?

I just looked at the fridge and we're just about out of food and coffee. I take care if somebody who is bed bound for the most part.

We're good on TP but food and other things are getting scarce here and I'm pretty much flat broke now especially since my in-home work came to a halt and I'm doing it contractually.

So shit is hitting the fan here right now. I'd like to send out for food once in awhile but I can barely afford cup ramen.

Landlords are assholes too. They gave us a warning to pull our weeds by the 23rd and we're out of weed killer. It's a couple of old women that nobody in this place likes.

Trying to see if programs for financial help in the area bur can't find any.
Go to the local salvation army and maybe churches and ask for food donation, and just say it’s rough you have no food in the fridge I’m sure they’d give you some most likely. That’s what I would do if I were getting low and couldn’t use cash at the moment at least

I’d tell those old women to give it a rest lol, weeds? That’s their main concern during a time when the entire nation is looking for answers? Women sometimes, I fucking swear dude

Shaqazooloo

I work for a courier company that delivers healthcare and retail products, retail tanked so less to process but at worst it's only 1 hour loss on a few days here and their.

*Nightwing

Have a few stripper friends that never headed warnings to save for a rainy day that are suffering due to thier moronic lifestyle choices. Personally ok this week, but positive I will be either laid off or furloughed very soon as our revenue comes from theme parks, water parks, ski resorts and hotels. All but 1 of our customers are shut down until mid Apr

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Operations have been rolled back to after April 1st. :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Nope. I'm even working coming into the office tomorrow on a Saturday cuz the work is so plentiful.

Feel very blessed. A lot of folks are hurting.

Erdrick

I was laid off of my hotel manager job of nearly 15 years on Tuesday. I am positive I will have a job again with the same company once business actually returns, but for now, I've been waiting on my EI claim to be confirmed for some peace of mind. Our industry was essentially wiped out by 90% unless you do take out or delivery. Not been a good week...

Top Bottom