• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever done your own dental work?

I’m looking to do simple tooth cleaning like chipping off plaque. Not really looking at doing anything more than just chip off plaque i see around the gum-line tbh..

Was wondering if anyone has at home experience doing it.

Also what is the brand they use in dental offices and schools?

If theres any dentists or dental assistants to provide advice (for or against) please weigh in.

Last edited:

Tams

OP...

Parks And Recreation Pain GIF

But seriously, if plaque is an issue other than getting to see a dental hygienist once it twice a year, water jet toothbrushes are a good call.

OP...

Parks And Recreation Pain GIF

But seriously, if plaque is an issue other than getting to see a dental hygienist once it twice a year, water jet toothbrushes are a good call.
Its really not, ive gone twice a yr my whole life, but im starting to become ocd when i see a little build up that i want to chip it off. Ive started using tweezers, but figure a proper dental pick would be best

Mistake

A dentist can actually see where it's tougher and also go under your gum line. Don't do that yourself, no way. Best thing to do is get a waterpik and string floss. Keeping your gums healthy is half the battle so nothing gets in. Regular brushing with a sonicare will keep them feeling great, but buildup will happen regardless, just at a slower rate

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I had a tooth hurting so bad one time that I thought about pulling it myself. I endured and my endododist friend did it for me.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I think dental work and lawyers could use the same saying, It is a fool that has himself for a client.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Sodium salt + lemon juice mixed for a mild whitening. Brush after with glaze (?) Toothpaste.
It definitely works.

Rival

Gold Member
I’ve never done my own dental work because I’m not a crazy person. Are you a crazy person OP? lol

see i dont think the water piks are strong enough. they have those little plastic picks too, so i dont see why leveling up the pick material to something a bit more sturdy is so taboo.

my teeth are fine, I just want to dig around a bit at the build up and make the next dental appt even simpler/quicker.

U8KHpcg.jpg
69wm0Vi.jpg

Last edited:

HoodWinked

Get this brand and version of these floss picks. They're the only brand that doesn't break easily. The pointy end is very strong unlike the oral-b glides and you can use the tip to scrape your teeth.

shopping

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
see i dont think the water piks are strong enough. they have those little plastic picks too, so i dont see why leveling up the pick material to something a bit more sturdy is so taboo.

my teeth are fine, I just want to dig around a bit at the build up and make the next dental appt even simpler/quicker.

U8KHpcg.jpg
69wm0Vi.jpg

babe.gif

Top Bottom