• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HD versions of Pikmin and Pikmin 2 are coming to the eShop today | Nintendo Direct

Draugoth

Gold Member
FzJ2FOMXoAMYszr

Nintendo has announced that HD versions of Pikmin and Pikmin 2 will be released on the eShop today.

Both games were originally released on the Nintendo GameCube, in 2001 and 2004.

They were both then re-released on the Wii with motion controls.

This marks their first official HD releases, however.

Last edited:

alf717

Always had the itch to play Pikmin 2 but it always sat on my shelf. If this price is decent I may go with the HD version.

stranno

Yes! I was hoping for this.

They should have announced it months ago, with P4. Seriously, Nintendo marketing..

I have tried it and it is the Gamecube version straight, no improvements other than the fonts and resolution. Control menu has a "motion controls" switch, but it doesn't seem to work.

u6n3kZ7.png

Last edited:

chaseroni

Yes! I was hoping for this.

They should have announced it months ago, with P4. Seriously, Nintendo marketing..

I have tried it and it is the Gamecube version straight, no improvements other than the fonts and resolution. Control menu has a "motion controls" switch, but it doesn't seem to work.

u6n3kZ7.png
Still 30fps?
I'm so used to playing on emulators at 60 at this point..

stranno

Still 30fps?
I'm so used to playing on emulators at 60 at this point..
Yep. Still 30.

Logic and animations were tied to 30 in the original game, so not unexpected, since this is just emulation/recompilation. To begin with, the first onion did not spit the first Pikmin using the 60FPS patch, you had to use another patch for that.

YwNVz14.jpg

ARrM4FK.jpg

chaseroni

To begin with, the first onion did not spit the first Pikmin using the 60FPS patch, you had to use another patch for that.

Hmm never experienced this myself, but the patch I was using was fairly new, like in the last year or so.

Thanks for the info

Chastten

Banned
Given I've never owned or even played the second game, I was quite pleased with this announcement. Will wait for the physical release though.

Also, having the entire (main)series available, physically, on a single console is something the collector in me appreciates a lot.

ryan90k

Neo Member
Yep. Still 30.

Logic and animations were tied to 30 in the original game, so not unexpected, since this is just emulation/recompilation. To begin with, the first onion did not spit the first Pikmin using the 60FPS patch, you had to use another patch for that.

YwNVz14.jpg

ARrM4FK.jpg
looks like 720p is this a handheld mode screenshot? I'd be surprised if they could max this out to 1080p considering it's a 20 year old game. Shame they couldn't give us some better grass textures too, they are so blurry and pixelated.

SCB3

Damn it. I just bought the wii versions of both. Ugh.
The superior version tbh, Motion controls on Pikmin is great

I can't remember Pikmin 2 at all myself, I know I've played it but it really didn't stand out,. still need to actually play 3 yet

Top Bottom