• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

He chose... Poorly. (Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade)

Tain

With all the adventure game hubbub flying around GAF lately, I decided to dig up all the SCUMM games I never really played. While I absolutely loved Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, I didn't even know about the existance of the Last Crusade adventure game until a few years ago.

And just now, I finished it.

First, I wouldn't put it on the same level as Fate of Atlantis. The difficulty is much, much higher; not necessarily with the puzzles, but with the fist fight marathons. If you aren't clever enough with your dialogue, you'll get knocked out by Nazis more than a few times. The fact that the game doesn't refill your health save for *TWO* points in the game doesn't help. Oh, and the final puzzle is trial-and-error if you don't pay enough attention.

That said, I still really enjoyed it. There are some wtf moments in how it compared to the movie (more dramatic moments become a bit more comical), but that isn't exactly a bad thing.

indy3_1.gif
indy3_2.gif

indy3_3.gif
indy3_4.gif

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Uhhh... wouldn't having watched the movie kinda ruined most of this game's puzzles, however?

Reilly

Fate of Atlantis was my first PC game I've ever played. It was awesome. Please point me in the direction that I can play this game thanks. :)

Tain

Can't say I'd know where you can get it now. I had a 5-disc floppy collection of LucasArt's older adventure games, alongside ScummVM...

Top Bottom