• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Spielberg Appreciation Thread

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
What are your favorite Steven Spielberg films? What makes them special to you?

Here are his features, in order.

Duel (1971)
The Sugarland Express (1974)
Jaws (1975)
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
1941 (1979)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)
The Color Purple (1985)
Empire of the Sun (1987)
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
Always (1989)
Hook (1991)
Jurassic Park (1993)
Schindler’s List (1993)
The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)
Amistad (1997)
Saving Private Ryan (1998)
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001)
Minority Report (2002)
Catch Me If You Can (2002)
The Terminal (2004)
War of the Worlds (2005)
Munich (2005)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)
The Adventures of Tintin (2011)
War Horse (2011)
Lincoln (2012)
Bridge of Spies (2015)
The BFG (2016)
The Post (2017)
Ready Player One (2018)
West Side Story (2021)
The Fabelmans (2022)

Among film enthusiasts he sometimes doesn't get enough credit, thanks to his mainstream appeal and blockbuster oeuvre. But there are few artists who have had so much success with so many different types of projects, from dinosaur sci-fi to civil war biopic. There’s something for just about anyone, and he’s still pumping out strong work to this day, after more than fifty years at the helm and 34 feature films.

VXSLYqF.jpg

RSZRRbY.jpg

BkjwLGG.jpg

OJLEYa4.png

jL9nTso.png

INwfQLu.jpg

iwwt8Z2.jpg

Fc3jOzQ.png

YRfJz51.png

HnRwqrZ.jpg

dyR25wf.jpg

hQcPgWB.jpg

9397VZq.jpg

dLdvk2e.jpg

BZ3flHo.png

I can't scroll past those scenes without my imagination soaring.

Lincoln was his last great movie and that's been 11 years ago unfortunately

As for favorites

In order

1. Schindler’s List (1993)
2. Jurassic Park (1993)
3. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
4. Saving Private Ryan (1998)
5. Minority Report (2002)
6. War of the Worlds (2005)
7. Lincoln (2012)
8. Hook (1991)
9. Jaws (1975)
10. Munich (2005)
11. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
12. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
13. Empire of the Sun (1987)
14. Catch Me If You Can (2002)
15. The Terminal (2004)

MacReady13

He was (and still is) one of my film making idols. Grew up with his films and he made a film I consider to be perfect- Raiders Of The Lost Ark. Masterpiece of a film. I love basically every film he’s directed that I’ve seen. And yes, that includes the completely fantastic 1941! They sure don’t make them like they used to!

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
No one captures sheer wonder like Spielberg. He makes his characters very relatable and human despite the extraordinary situations they may be in.

Like the father son scene in Jaws. Brody is so distraught about the Kitner kid getting eaten that he cant eat his dinner. His own son shakes him out of his stupor and he finds some peace. This scene happens in the middle of a horror movie about a killer shark. Just a truly human moment. This is Spielberg's real magic.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
No one captures sheer wonder like Spielberg. He makes his characters very relatable and human despite the extraordinary situations they may be in.

Like the father son scene in Jaws. Brody is so distraught about the Kitner kid getting eaten that he cant eat his dinner. His own son shakes him out of his stupor and he finds some peace. This scene happens in the middle of a horror movie about a killer shark. Just a truly human moment. This is Spielberg's real magic.

Agreed.

Jurassic Park was rereleased to theaters recently and I went to see it. First, I was struck by how damn good the movie still is, especially compared to its contemporaries.

But I also cared about the characters. I cared about Sam Neil and Laura Dern’s relationship, Sam’s reluctance to have kids, and that interplay with Attenborough’s grandkids when their lives are on the line, how it brings out his paternal instincts and prompts his personal growth into a father. I cared about the hunter’s primal relationship with the velociraptors. I cared about Jeff Goldbloom’s philosophical musings and how they contrasted with the science. It all resonates with the audience so well and establishes the stakes of the story, so that the existential threat of giant dinosaurs trying to eat them is basically an easy layup. Except the dinosaurs are imagined so spectacularly, too, that it becomes an edge of your seat slam dunk of tension and suspense.

Spielberg can connect with the audience like no other, through the camera, the score, the other attributes of cinema, but especially through the actors’ performances.

bitbydeath

Last edited:

Livingskeletons

Agreed.

Jurassic Park was rereleased to theaters recently and I went to see it. First, I was struck by how damn good the movie still is, especially compared to its contemporaries.

But I also cared about the characters. I cared about Sam Neil and Laura Dern’s relationship, Sam’s reluctance to have kids, and that interplay with Attenborough’s grandkids when their lives are on the line, how it brings out his paternal instincts and prompts his personal growth into a father. I cared about the hunter’s primal relationship with the velociraptors. I cared about Jeff Goldbloom’s philosophical musings and how they contrasted with the science. It all resonates with the audience so well and establishes the stakes of the story, so that the existential threat of giant dinosaurs trying to eat them is basically an easy layup. Except the dinosaurs are imagined so spectacularly, too, that it becomes an edge of your seat slam dunk of tension and suspense.

Spielberg can connect with the audience like no other, through the camera, the score, the other attributes of cinema, but especially through the actors’ performances.
Well said. I actually caught the re release as well. The 3D was a little distracting but still a classic. An yes his characters are good because they are relatable. Even Gennaro with his obvious greedy interest in the Park is a relatable character. Also his characters aren't static. They go through legitimate arcs and aren't stock characters.

DKehoe

An incredible body of work. You could cut it in half and he’d still be one of the greats. The range is also unparalleled. I dunno about others but because I grew up with his films and he’s been pretty consistently making great films my entire life I feel like it can be easy to take him for granted. But when you step back and see his filmography listed like that it really is amazing. We’re lucky to have him.

It would be easy for him to just coast at this point. But The Fabelmans is a fascinatingly candid and introspective film.

Always loved this clip too

Last edited:

Hudo

My top 3 in no order:

The Adventures of Tintin (still waiting for the sequel...)
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Lincoln

Shoutout to Amistad.

My least favorite by him is probably Saving Private Ryan.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
It was his Schindler's List that really brought to light the true horrors of the Holocaust for me, until then I knew it was horrible and bad but I didn't realise how absolutely fucking evil the Nazi's where, same with Private Ryan, man that opening scene.. Jesus Christ and again it took Spielberg to show the masses how it really was back then.

Lighter note, nothing and I mean nothing comes close to Raiders, Close Encounters and Jaws for me, he also has a way of grounding things in such a way and placing us in these crazy scenes

winjer

Gold Member
Schindler's list is probably his best.
But my favorite is Raiders of the Lost Ark. The sense of adventure, the characters, the action, it's the perfect adventure movie.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Also the family scene in Poltergeist has Spielberg's fingertips all over and is such a great movie that I consider it to be the closest we'll ever get to a Spielberg Horror not counting War of the World's which along with Jurassic park has the best introduction scenes of all time... Christ the more I think about his movies the more you think the guy sits at the top of so many genres and has created so many classic scenes that simply can't be topped

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
It was his Schindler's List that really brought to light the true horrors of the Holocaust for me, until then I knew it was horrible and bad but I didn't realise how absolutely fucking evil the Nazi's where, same with Private Ryan, man that opening scene.. Jesus Christ and again it took Spielberg to show the masses how it really was back then.
I watched Schindler's List for the first time a few nights ago. It's absolutely devastating, even being intimately familiar with the details of the Holocaust and many personal accounts from it (Night by Eli Wiesel, Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl, etc.) that contain even darker events than what the film decided to show.

But it also touches upon a small spark of humanity among all the horrors, and cultivates that spark so brilliantly by the end. There's an impeccable sensitivity to it that few have achieved on film. The Pianist is probably the only other film in the same league, as far as depicting the Holocaust.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I watched Schindler's List for the first time a few nights ago. It's absolutely devastating, even being intimately familiar with the details of the Holocaust and many personal accounts from it (Night by Eli Wiesel, Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl, etc.) that contain even darker events than what the film decided to show.

But it also touches upon a small spark of humanity among all the horrors, and cultivates that spark so brilliantly by the end. There's an impeccable sensitivity to it that few have achieved on film. The Pianist is probably the only other film in the same league, as far as depicting the Holocaust.
The Pianist and Schindler's List should be required viewing in schools in my opinion, both are incredibly powerful films that really do showcase the horrors so much more so than a book could ever do but like you said also contain just enough humanity in them as to not be completely nihilist viewing, the German commander at the end of the Pianist who gives Broodys character his coat as something of an atonement for what had happened (I think I'm remembering it right, been ages since I've watched both as I'm waiting for my kids to be a bit older before making them watch it)

That was an incredible year for Spielberg, I mean who the hell else has ever released a deeply personal and powerful movie like Schindlers List and then immediately follows it in the same year with bloody Jurassic Park of all things

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Looking back over that list I've a few films to catch up on, I have no idea why I've never watch warhorse or Lincoln ffs, really do need to remedy that but I gotta admit, the later movies I'm not really interested in tbf

War Horse (2011)
Lincoln (2012)
Bridge of Spies (2015)
The BFG (2016)

The Post (2017)
Ready Player One (2018)
West Side Story (2021)
The Fabelmans (2022

Often overlooked and a wee gem in my book is Super 8 by JJ Abrams, is it not a love letter to Spielberg and a cracking movie to boot

Little Mac

Gold Member
My two favorite movies of all time are Jaws and Jurassic Park. The nod probably goes to Jaws for numerous reasons but Jurassic Park came out in 1993 when I was turning 13. Just imagine being at that age, sitting in a theater, about to be introduced to cgi for the first time via a scary movie about dinosaurs taking over a theme park ... incredibly memorable to say the least.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
the German commander at the end of the Pianist who gives Broodys character his coat as something of an atonement for what had happened
Yeah, the German officer was Wilhelm Hosenfeld. He helped Wladyslaw Szpilman (The Pianist) and also helped other Jewish people during the war. Unfortunately he died in a Soviet prison camp. He was recently named to the list of Righteous Among the Nations by Israel for his internal opposition to Nazi brutality. His story is below.

mSyFKH4.jpg

The “Pianist”s Rescuer​

Wilhelm Hosenfeld was born in a village in Hessen, Germany, in 1895. His family was Catholic and he grew up in a pious and conservative German patriotic environment. After serving as a soldier in World War I, he became a teacher, and taught at a local school. By the time World War II broke out, Hosenfeld was married and had five children.

In the end of August 1939, a week before the German attack on Poland, 43-year-old Hosenfeld was drafted into the Wehrmacht (the German Army). He was stationed in Poland, first in Pabiance, and as of July 1940 in Warsaw, where he would stay until the end of the war. Hosenfeld spent most of the war years as a sports and culture officer, rising from the rank of sergeant to captain. In summer 1944, during the Polish uprising, when all military forces were engaged in suppressing the revolt, he was involved in the interrogation of prisoners.

Although joining the Nazi party in 1935, Hosenfeld soon grew disillusioned with the regime and disgusted by the crimes against Poles and Jews that he became witness to. All through his military service he kept a diary in which he expressed his feelings. The texts survived because he would regularly send the notebooks home. In his writing, Hosenfeld stressed his growing disgust with the regimes’ oppression of Poles, the persecution of Polish clergy, the abuse of Jews, and, with the beginning of the “Final Solution”, his horror at the extermination of the Jewish people. In 1943, after witnessing the suppression of the Warsaw Ghetto revolt, he wrote in his diary: "these animals. With horrible mass murder of the Jews we have lost this war. We have brought an eternal curse on ourselves and will be forever covered with shame. We have no right for compassion or mercy; we all have a share in the guilt. I am ashamed to walk in the city…."

Hosenfeld not only expressed his deep revulsion in words, but also actively helped the victims. Leon Warm escaped from a train to Treblinka during the 1942 deportations from Warsaw. He made it back into the city, and managed to survive with the help of Hosenfeld who employed him in the sports stadium, and provided him with a false identity. His help to another Jew became famous with the film "The Pianist", based on Waldislaw Szpilman's life story. After his entire family was killed, Szpilman managed to leave the ghetto and survived on the Aryan side with the help of Polish friends [Janina Godlewska, Andrezej Bogucki and Czeslaw Lewicki were honored as Righteous Among the Nations in 1978]. After the Polish Uprising in summer 1944, the Polish population was evicted from the city, and Szpilman remained alone, hiding in the ruins of the destroyed city, hungry, frozen, frightened and with no support whatsoever. It was there that Hosenfeld found him in mid-November 1944, and helped him survive during the critical final weeks before liberation.

In January 1945 Hosenfeld was taken prisoner by the Soviets. Five years later, on 7 May 1950 a military tribunal in Minsk sentenced him to 25 years in prison. The trial, so the one-page verdict stated, was held in the absence of the defense. The verdict stated that Hosenfeld had personally interrogated prisoners during the Warsaw uprising and sent them to detention, thereby strengthening Fascism in the struggle against the Soviet Union.

Six months after the trial, in November 1950, Leon Warm came to visit Hosenfeld's wife in Thalau. A Polish priest who had met Hosenfeld in the POW camp had found him and told him of his rescuer's predicament. Warm, who was about to emigrate from Europe, also wrote a letter to Szpilman in Warsaw. It seems unlikely that something could have been done by the two survivors who had lost their families and who were, like others, working hard to pick up the pieces and try to build a life in a world that had little interest in the Jewish tragedy. Hosenfeld died in a Soviet prison in 1952.

Szpilman applied to Yad Vashem in 1998 to have his rescuer recognized. By that time Leon Warm had already died, but his letter to Szpilman survived, and his sister wrote to Yad Vashem from Australia, confirming her brother's rescue. Before the Commission for the Designation of the Righteous could award the title, it had to be verified that Hosenfeld had not been involved in war crimes. Once his diaries and letters were made public, the case was submitted for the Commission's review. Yad Vashem also received confirmation from the Polish Commission for the Investigation of Nazi Crimes that his conduct had been untarnished.

On 25 November 2008, Yad Vashem recognized Wilhelm Hosenfeld as Righteous Among the Nations.

Trilobit

E.T. is probably my favourite as it was in my top three movies in my childhood. It's like the perfect children's movie. As I grew up without any big brother I loved seeing the interaction between Elliott and Michael.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Of those I watched, I think only The Lost World is a real dud. Coming back from the JP/Schindler duo with that was so unusual for Spielberg, and I’ll never forget the disappointment I felt watching that movie. I tried to rewatch it many years later but nope, I just can’t get into it and I quit it before anything major happens, which is unthinkable for a Spielberg movie.

Every time I see a list of his films I realize how few I’ve seen. Raiders and JP are my most rewatched and will forever be among my favorites. I was 11 when JP released and its influence over my generation was momentous. It single-handedly reignited the world’s interest in dinosaurs and I wouldn’t be surprised if it encouraged more real-world scientific advancements in the field.

Raiders is pretty much a perfect movie. As a kid many points of it were obscure to me, but it’s a testament to its quality that it gets even better rewatching it as an adult. Last Crusade is a bit more cartoony, but it’s the essence of adventure on film.
Crystal Skull is eh, but Spielberg made up for it with Tintin, an Indy movie in disguise if there ever was one.

I saw Jaws for the first time just a couple years ago and it’s thrilling. Spectacular direction and acting.

E.T. was never my favorite. It came out in the year I was born, so its impact was kinda lost on me due to the more bombastic sci-fi I was exposed to in the 80s before I finally saw it.
Close Encounters is a strange one. I only saw it once. Fascinating, for sure.

I never had the stomach to rewatch Schindler’s List. School took us to see it when we were just 11. I had no real perspective on the Holocaust and the movie was still a gut punch.

AI was also a gut punch for 19yo me. A more important movie for our times than most people probably suspected on release.

GymWolf

Of those I watched, I think only The Lost World is a real dud. Coming back from the JP/Schindler duo with that was so unusual for Spielberg, and I’ll never forget the disappointment I felt watching that movie. I tried to rewatch it many years later but nope, I just can’t get into it and I quit it before anything major happens, which is unthinkable for a Spielberg movie.

Every time I see a list of his films I realize how few I’ve seen. Raiders and JP are my most rewatched and will forever be among my favorites. I was 11 when JP released and its influence over my generation was momentous. It single-handedly reignited the world’s interest in dinosaurs and I wouldn’t be surprised if it encouraged more real-world scientific advancements in the field.

Raiders is pretty much a perfect movie. As a kid many points of it were obscure to me, but it’s a testament to its quality that it gets even better rewatching it as an adult. Last Crusade is a bit more cartoony, but it’s the essence of adventure on film.
Crystal Skull is eh, but Spielberg made up for it with Tintin, an Indy movie in disguise if there ever was one.

I saw Jaws for the first time just a couple years ago and it’s thrilling. Spectacular direction and acting.

E.T. was never my favorite. It came out in the year I was born, so its impact was kinda lost on me due to the more bombastic sci-fi I was exposed to in the 80s before I finally saw it.
Close Encounters is a strange one. I only saw it once. Fascinating, for sure.

I never had the stomach to rewatch Schindler’s List. School took us to see it when we were just 11. I had no real perspective on the Holocaust and the movie was still a gut punch.

AI was also a gut punch for 19yo me. A more important movie for our times than most people probably suspected on release.
The lost world was still order of magnitude better than all the other jurassic movies that came after.

Salz01

It’s been awhile since I watched Schindlers list. Need to watch that again. Munich too. My favorite movie ever is Raiders of the lost Ark. He has so many great films. But like others have said he has slowed down obviously in recent years. I haven’t watched west side story though, I should watch it.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Saving Private Ryan (1998) - I think it set a new bar for the portrayal of war and every performance is incredible. I watched this movie with my great Uncle who was a B17 navigator and was shot down and hidden by the Dutch resistance until he could be sent to allied lines. I remember getting to end where the old man stands over the gravestones and my uncle sitting there crying and me asking him is he ok. He of course said yes and went out to smoke a cigar, Captured in what were probably unrelatable memories to me a teenager. And SPR led to Band of Brothers my favorite show of all time.

I love a lot of Spielberg films but I will leave it there.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Thought he died for a sec when I saw this thread...

Not a HUGE fan but he was part of our childhood so ET, Indie, JP are pretty much the standouts for me. Rest are good but nothing I want to rewatch like these ones. Saving Private Ryan was a visual and audio masterpiece, still is even to this day. Insane amount of detail but it gets a little meh half way end. I never liked Jaws tho. I'll give it a rewatch, maybe it'll change my mind these days. I've been rewayching a ton of classic movies from Stallone, Arnie, Kurt Russel era so might as well rewatch some of the movies you mentioned as well.

Trunx81

After watching the last Indiana Jones movie, I appreciate him even more. In some scenes, I asked myself "how would Spielberg direct this" and the answer always was: "Better".
Re-watched ET with my kid lately, and despite being a movie from the early 1980s, it hasn´t lost his spark. Kids nowadays are constantly on the edge when watching something, because of YouTube and modern filmmaking, throwing in action scene after action scene. But ET, it just has this "specialty", this look, this suspense, that makes it worthwile.

Dural

I love Spielberg, especially early Spielberg; Jaws, ET, and Indiana Jones are some of my favorite movies ever. I watch ET every year with my kids and they always need to have Reeses Pieces when we watch it. Temple of Doom has so many iconic scenes, its crazy how fast paced that movie is. My kids absolutely love Ready Player One, it's going to be to them like ET was to me.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
His output recently has not been as memorable as his 80s and 90s movies, but I still like Minority Report, Munich, The Post, Tintin and Ready Player One. Ready Player One is just a masterpiece in cg rendering. The sound design during the race is arguably the best in any scene ive ever seen. Tintin's one shot sequence is spectacular too.

I just think the new batch of directors like Villenvue, Nolan, Alfonso Cuaron, David Fincher, Peter Jackson, and Tarrantino have simply made more memorable movies in the last 20 years. They have a very distinct visual and directing style that appeals more to me. A lot of spielberg's latest movies like Catch Me if you can, Lincoln, Bridge of Spies, Terminal and War of the Worlds are just run of the mill movies. I just wish he went back to creating genre defining epics like SPR and Schindlers list.

But 80s-90s Spielberg is peak spielberg, and he will go down in history as the best director of all time. SPR will never be topped as the best war movie. Schindler's List will never be topped as the most brutal holocaust movie. And Jurrasic Park, Indiana Jones and ET will be remembered long after movies from these new 2000s directors I listed above are forgotten.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
I liked the interaction of Indy and Sean Connery. All the old Indys are great, but this is the one I remember the most.

Jurassic Park (1993)
Who doesn't like dinos they seemed so incredibly real, especially for back then and the music was great.

Saving Private Ryan (1998)
Incredibly real looking battles. And I liked the team that was supposed to save Rayn. Although I have seen the movie many times, I still don't know what Fubar means.

Catch Me If You Can (2002)
One of my favorite movies of all time. I don't know how many times I've seen it.

I also liked Super 8, but it is not on the list. So not sure if that counts.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Jaws is my favorite. The Indy trilogy is mostly fun even with the missteps of The Temple of Doom. Boyhood Bender's first crush came in the form of Drew Barrymore thanks to repeated viewings of E.T. in theaters. I'd think the opposite of the premise of this thread in that he often gets too much credit with Saving Private Ryan being what I would point to first aside from the amazing opening.

Power Pro

Jaws is easily one of the best movies of all time for me. It captures everything I love about Blockbuster movies. It's exciting, and thrilling, but also has such good character writing.

Shocked Jaws GIF

This is still my favorite use of this camera technique. Perfectly done.

A.I. may not be a movie that I enjoy watching, but I feel Spielberg did an amazing job translating a Kubrick film through his own creative lens. You can see Kubrick's footprint all throughout the film, even the ending which a lot of people did not like, and thought was all Spielberg's fault, but turned out to be totally Kubrick's idea.

Jurassic Park needs no introduction I feel, it's top tier films of his, but man...The Lost World really dropped the ball. I don't like that movie at all. Maybe because my mind got so influenced by reading the novel before the movie came out as a kid, but even on it's own merits, I still think it's just a really badly crafted script and movie. His heart must not have been in it at all during that movie.

Even something like Ready Player One, which a lot of people think is just Spielberg cashing an easy pay check because very little of it was done in front of cameras, I still feel like that highlights his talent for scene composition more than the Lost World did.

Even though Spielberg himself doesn't like it much, I still think Hook is one of his most underrated movies. The cast is excellent, and has some of my favorite dialogue from Dustin Hoffman.

I must admit though, I'm not as big of a fan of Spielberg's dramatic efforts. I know they are crafted just as well as any of his other films, but they're sometimes just not the kind of movies I wanna watch. Saving Private Ryan is probably the closest to one I'm willing to rewatch, but stuff like Amistad, Schindler's List, Lincoin...seeing them once was enough for me.

DrFigs

I haven't really cared much for his recent films. But Minority Report and War of the Worlds are some of the best sci-fi movies ever made. Clearly a super talented director.

Lincoln was his last great movie and that's been 11 years ago unfortunately

As for favorites

In order

1. Schindler’s List (1993)
2. Jurassic Park (1993)
3. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
4. Saving Private Ryan (1998)
5. Minority Report (2002)
6. War of the Worlds (2005)
7. Lincoln (2012)
8. Hook (1991)
9. Jaws (1975)
10. Munich (2005)
11. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
12. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
13. Empire of the Sun (1987)
14. Catch Me If You Can (2002)
15. The Terminal (2004)
Yea I was going to comment and say unfortunately he topped off at Lincoln and everything since has been shit.

sono

Gold Member
Raiders, ET, Close Encounters and Jurassic Park are my favourites.
All are standout truly groundbreaking masterpieces that have stood the test of time and can be watched many times later years later by all members of the family.

Livingskeletons

Schindler's List also has another quiet human Spielberg moment when Schindler tries to subtly manipulate Amon to be merciful. Schindler's magnetic personality going toe to toe with Amon's hatred and it almost works. The screen presence by both actors if off the charts. You feel Amon's hatred both to himself and others while Schindler is using every bit of his charm and salesmanship invoking the "emperors" of the past as a sales pitch for mercy.

Last edited:
Wish he would make a sequel to War Of The Worlds where the alien bastards return this time wearing protective suits to protect from earths bacteria, or they have been vaccinated against it but humans have reverse enginered tripod technology and can fight back legit.

Wish he would make a sequel to War Of The Worlds where the alien bastards return this time wearing protective suits to protect from earths bacteria, or they have been vaccinated against it but humans have reverse enginered tripod technology and can fight back legit.

Love that movie

People that complained about the ending don't realize it happens in the OG movie and Book

Top Bottom