• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 Launch Trailer Released

tommib

It actually looks fun and simple. We haven’t had many third person shooters of this type this generation. I might get it depending on people’s feedback.

nikos

Not sure that style of trailer is doing it justice but the actual gameplay looks fun. Most likely going to pick it up on PC at launch.

They chose a pre release marketing strategy and they stuck to it the whole way.

Starship Troopers satire + a collection of 1 second gameplay clips, one after the other.

Still buying it day one but I was hoping for a bit more.
I'm sure they'll do a gameplay deep dive in the rumored Sony State of Play in late January or early Febuary.

Luipadre

Weak trailer and the game still runs at a very low fps. The PC feature trailer was better

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I'm sure they'll do a gameplay deep dive in the rumored Sony State of Play in late January or early Febuary.

I hope you're right but they've done so many "trailers" so far, and they all essentially show off the same stuff. I'm not feeling too confident that they have a magical gameplay loop hiding in there at this point.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Is this going to run at a stable 60fps on PS5?

I think the game looks great fun but need clarification on this. Arrowhead/Sony have been pretty coy on that so far. Always looks like the frame pacing is a bit off with all the on screen explosions and particle effects.

Kikorin

Is this game a better looking version of Earth Defense Force? Is it cross-play PS5/PC? Never heard of it before, but this trailer made me want it.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Why does it feel like the game is missing animation frames ? not smooth at all !

trailer was funny.

will try on game pass... lol

Crazy how this is $10 cheaper than Prince of Persia.
I'd need people to play with from around 9pm-12am est . . . don't have that now, so pass.

Weak trailer and the game still runs at a very low fps. The PC feature trailer was better

You mean the PC feature trailer that didn't actually detail any PC features except for cross play?

No mention of ultrawide, DLSS support, ray tracing...

Going to buy it day 1 on PC but I'm a little upset at that trailer.

Luipadre

You mean the PC feature trailer that didn't actually detail any PC features except for cross play?

No mention of ultrawide, DLSS support, ray tracing...

Going to buy it day 1 on PC but I'm a little upset at that trailer.

I know it was weak as an actual PC feature trailer but the footage was great

I know it was weak as an actual PC feature trailer but the footage was great

Agreed. I think the footage that has come out, this launch trailer included, has been great. I'm extremely hyped. Huge, huge fan of the first game.

Just a little concerned there hasn't been any gameplay previews or anything from third party outlets like IGN yet.

[Sigma]

Going to buy the physical from Best Buy. Then hopefully be able to upgrade to the Super Citizen Edition from there. This is the most im eaten from a multiplayer shooter standpoint for a very long time. I can't remember the last time ive played 2 multiplayer shooters at a time.

Top Bottom