• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hello Games Announces Light no Fire | The Game Awards 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
XGqY8CX.png

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
I’m not thrilled about the art design, a bit too similar to NMS for my liking. Although 1:1 scaled seamless planet has me very intrigued.
We’ve had the open world game since the early aughts, but I don’t think I’ve seen any other devs attempt to make a literal open world game.

hlm666

I've been eagerly awaiting enshrouded, and almost skipped this thread because "hello games" and i'm glad I didn't because this looks really good and maybe has me more interested than enshrouded.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
This game looks great. I just hope this team had hired someone (or a team) that actually adds a worthwhile narrative.

Moonjt9

It looks absolutely INSANE. A game you could get lost in for real. Can’t wait to see more.

You could tell how nervous Sean was considering the last time he announced a game and what happened after that. I’m confident they won’t repeat that mistake again, so I’m all aboard this hype train.

Mikado

So - literally No Man's Skyrim?

I kid because I love - It's great to see how they pulled their shit out of the fire on NMS when so many devs could have cut and run. I wish them nothing but the best, even if I've realized they don't make the type of game I actually like.

They've got heart and I respect that at least.

EDMIX

No Man's Sky has received crazy support and this one looks even more incredible. I can't wait.

Agreed and the fact that he is open that he wants to support it for years to come post launch is also very welcoming.

So for 5 years work, I think all that they showed seems doable day 1.

Looks promising. Hopefully, they get some good writers to create a compelling story for you to play through in this world. Oh, and hopefully it's voice acted. All parts by Sean Murray, of course.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Looks great!

Just hope there's more to it than your typical survival game. Give me a rich narrative and I'm in.

Three

We’ve had the open world game since the early aughts, but I don’t think I’ve seen any other devs attempt to make a literal open world game.
The scale sounds like it's going to be amazing but I feel this is like ARK with a much bigger world in terms of gameplay mechanic.

Duchess

Have to wonder if Hello Games will now be moving on from No Man's Sky. They're not a big company, so supporting both titles might get too much.

MirageMew2

I’m not thrilled about the art design, a bit too similar to NMS for my liking. Although 1:1 scaled seamless planet has me very intrigued.
FWIW it’s very clearly that way by design - the red orb towards the end is suspciously reminiscent of the Atlas, the sentient AI/god that keeps the simulated universe of NMS alive. Theories right now are that this is another one of these simulated universes within NMS lore.

Last edited:
Will there be only a bare bones story like nms? It’d be nice if they added a real narrative campaign with well done side quests. And also nice if they didn’t make it a survival game. In this type of world it would be amazing

Denton

Another open world survival crafting bullshit I have zero interest in, BUT HG know how to make trailers and this one was among the best of the show (although the competition was weak).

Imagine they do something like on different planets of NMS but on one planet. I mean ice, lava, sand, mountain regions. Also caves, underwater and Sean knows what else. Anyway it's very interesting. Hope procedural tech has improved. Also a good combat will be nice?

SaintALia

Another survival game eh? Well, as per usual now with survival games for me, I'll check back in 2 years after launch for PC.

Top Bottom