• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hello Games Announces Light no Fire | The Game Awards 2023

Synless

I’ll be picking this up.

No man’s sky wasn’t perfect when it launched either but I enjoyed that game none the less and it continued to deliver. His team over delivered on that game several years ago.

Portugeezer

Honestly looks great, and I believe they've learned their lessons from No Man's Sky launch.

If anything, I'm expecting a great game from them!

Last edited:
No trust day 1, but long term.......this is the team to trust for that support lol

Killjoy-NL Killjoy-NL Truth. I think they are right to not buy day 1, but I disagree with the idea that it took 8 years. The biggest missing feature that was talked about was Multiplayer, all the other stuff was small and fixed before that release anyway.

So release on August 2016, MP released summer 2018, so roughly 2 years. I have no clue where that person is getting 8 years lol

It was cleaned up within 2 and then the proceed to add a fuck ton a features on top of that, for free...that was never even talked about or promised.

Thats like getting everything in CP2077, trains, working ai with cars, car customization, apartment customization, return to the original RPG features 3rd person swappable, all in 2 fucking years, then cry for several more years as they add base building, multiplayer, space travel, gang wars, all free mind you. Shiiiiiit I'd STFU if they did all that lol

Hello Games should have been transparent about their issues, but the meat of what was being talked about at launch was given and then some within those 2 years, everything else after is a cherry on top and beyond what I'd ever expect any developer to even do post launch.
I think it's very unlikely it's launches in a similar state to No Man's Sky. They have enough cash to keep developing until we all die of old age lol.( Which means it could end up like Silksong or winds of winter but that's another problem)

Last time rightly or wrongly they needed to kick it out the door to secure funds

That's not to say it can't happen again. Afterall it happened to cyberpunk after the witcher 3. If it were to have a troubled launch I think it would be for different reasons.

It's a highly experimental game so some kinks will probably be needed to work out.

Kindela

Banned
It looks good just like every open world rpg reveal does. In reality, you go from point a to b, most likely participate in braindead lore dump conversations, and move around the world killing stuff. So unless the combat is excellent, it's a tough sell. Maybe exploration can sell it, but that's arguably even more difficult to get right.

Holammer

It looks good just like every open world rpg reveal does. In reality, you go from point a to b, most likely participate in braindead lore dump conversations, and move around the world killing stuff. So unless the combat is excellent, it's a tough sell. Maybe exploration can sell it, but that's arguably even more difficult to get right.
I think this leans closer to 'Open World Survival Crafting' rather than a traditional RPG. Like Minecraft, Ark, Valheim and others.
They're going to make a mint on PC alone.

Majukun

Imagine being stuck in the past and grumpy, while the rest has moved on and enjoying themselves.

8 years have passed and NMS might be the biggest comeback in gaming history.
Still being butthurt in 2023 seems rather childish.
Fell free to consider it childish, just don't complain next time another developer lies to your face and releases an incomplete game, it's all good they can just fix it in one-two years

Majukun

Is there anything they could do to make you happy? Forgiveness is kinda important in life.
They could have not willingly lie to my face for years and profit from that, but since no time machine exist, no they can't i guess.

Dishonesty should not be incentivized, and I'm kind of baffled that people now think it's not only ok, but they treat you like an hero for it.

Mistakes are to be forgiven, that was no mistake though.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
They could have not willingly lie to my face for years and profit from that, but since no time machine exist, no they can't i guess.

Dishonesty should not be incentivized, and I'm kind of baffled that people now think it's not only ok, but they treat you like an hero for it.

Mistakes are to be forgiven, that was no mistake though.

What did he lie about?

This was probably the most exciting debut from TGA. Definitely keeping a close eye on the new project from HelloGames.

I'm cautiously optimistic since they already have most of the procedural tech in place after working on NMS.

Brigandier

l think Sean Murray and Hello Games have learned their lesson from NMS launch, I expect this to be really good.

NMS is one of the best redemption stories in recent years, It makes me chuckle when I see people hate on the game and Sean when the turn around is fantastic.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Fell free to consider it childish, just don't complain next time another developer lies to your face and releases an incomplete game, it's all good they can just fix it in one-two years

Only suckers that preorder, complain. People that are smart enough to wait and see how a game turns out don’t get stuck with incomplete games.

It reminds me of that old PS2 game Drakan the Ancient Gates, but so much more advanced in scale and tech as to make that game look crude and make me feel very old.

Definitely looks interesting and one to watch.

also come on baby light no fire.
Come on baby, light no fire, I'd like to NOT set the world on fire!

Buggy Loop

The Rock Applause GIF

Amazing sense of humour. Respect

Boralf

Now that I've played No Man's Sky alot I really hope they will put a little more depth into the different systems of this game. No Man's Sky is kind of a shallow ocean. As deep as a puddle.

I still can't wait though. Those 17 million trailer views are all mine.

Top Bottom