• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help me make the right decision…

Should i order an XSX?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kamina

Golden Boy
wKuv3Cx.jpg

Having skipped the last Xbox Generation completely, and owing a PS5, Series X has been intriguing me for a while now.
Cons are the few exclusives.
Pros are Halo, Starfield and gamepass, as well as the dev-mode.

What does GAF‘s collective voice say?

Edit: dont own a good PC / too expensive for my taste

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
One question, does the system has the game you are interested and willing to buy system and I’m not just talking about current release, I’m also talking about future release.

If the answer is yes then you should.

Kamina

Golden Boy
One question, does the system has the game you are interested and willing to buy system and I’m not just talking about current release, I’m also talking about future release.

If the answer is yes then you should.
Yes there are some future games i am interested in, mainly Starfield right now,

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Also consider looking at Steam Deck + dock. Yes, it's not as powerful as Series X but you'll get all the same Xbox Studios games + all PC games + unlimited emulation + gaming on the go (even if by go you mean your bed or toilet).

Thirty7ven

Banned
If you have the money and you’re curious then do it what’s the worst that can happen?

If you don’t like it you sell it, it’s not like you will be buying games for it.

Fbh

Normally I'd say if you already have a Ps5 wait until there are more Xbox exclusives as Halo infinite isn't worth $500 and the console might be cheaper or there might some different model available by the time Starfield and other bigger titles start coming out.

But it's 2022 so who fucking knows, by mid 2023 it might be more expensive for some reason and there are supply constrains because of a new ligma outbreak and a fuel crisis because Canada invades the north pole.
So just go for it if you've got the money to spare.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Normally I'd say if you already have a Ps5 wait until there are more Xbox exclusives as Halo infinite isn't worth $500 and the console might be cheaper or there might some different model available by the time Starfield and other bigger titles start coming out.

But it's 2022 so who fucking knows, by mid 2023 it might be more expensive for some reason and there's a supply constrains because of a new ligma outbreak and a fuel crisis because Canada invades the north pole.
So just go for it if you've got the money to spare.
Yeah, we are entering Costanza style opposite territory. I was holding out on buying a VR headset until prices dropped and ended up having to pounce before prices went up.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Definitely. Doesnt have much in the way of exclusives right now, something Microsoft Needs to improve, but its an excellent box none the less, it offers access to 20 years worth of gaming history, and respects purchases made as far back as the original xbox, something sony and nintendo dont do. The games that are next gen enhanced look excellent as well.

Skyfox

I've a PS5 and a Series X and a Switch and a Steamdeck.

Don't get a Series X (even though it's better than PS5). There are no exclusives. Stick with your existing library and upgrade your PS Plus sub.

Save for a PSVR 2.

You don't need all the consoles this gen. It's not worth it. PS5 and Series X are too similar.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I don't really see the point of owning both PS5 and Xbox Series.

No.
You got ps5. Why split the atention and funds?
It's a worse console, with worse games

Only get it if you care for GP games?

I've a PS5 and a Series X and a Switch and a Steamdeck.

Don't get a Series X (even though it's better than PS5). There are no exclusives. Stick with your existing library and upgrade your PS Plus sub.

Save for a PSVR 2.

You don't need all the consoles this gen. It's not worth it. PS5 and Series X are too similar.

But but Starfield 🥺

Gudji

Not worth buying now since you already got a PS5 (it is a better console overall).
I'd wait for whatever MS is cooking, we know new consoles are coming out in the next two years or so.
I'm in the same situation as you but I'm probably spend some money and build a new gaming PC.

cireza

But but Starfield 🥺
That's too much money for a single game. I personally don't buy/keep a console if it is only for a handful of games. But the decision is up to you, of course.

My choice was the XSX actually, and I won't buy a PS5 despite all the exclusive/timed exclusives Sony gets with its money. Not worth it, and it works both ways. If I had a PS5, I would certainly not pick a Series X...

Last edited:

Gudji

That's too much money for a single game. I personally don't buy/keep a console if it is only for a handful of games. But the decision is up to you, of course.
Yep, I learned my lesson with BOTW. He can always try the game on xcloud before purchasing the hardware.

Last edited:
Yes, even if you have a PC. Having all systems is best.
Having to buy all the consoles is such a lemming gamer mindset.

Paying an extra $10 for a game: the work of the antichrist and worst thing to happen to gaming
Paying $500 so you can play 20 exclusives, which works out to a premium of $25 on top of the price of each game: hardcore gamer cred

20 exclusives is also extremely generous (you have only listed 2 so far) so the math is realistically even worse. It doesn't equal "only" an extra $10 a game until you buy 50 of them - and if you are buying 50 games why is this even a thread because you don't need to ask the question.

Gamepass changes things but if your reason is Gamepass in 5 years you will have paid $1100 and own nothing but a 5 year old console, and that is if they don't raise the price of the service. $1100 is the cost of 18 $60 games.

This goes both ways too.

GHG

If you have the time to make use of an extra platform and there are games available that you want to play today then go for it.

If not then what is you doin'.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Buy it and do the Game Pass loophole which is like $100 for 3 years while you still can.

Top Bottom