• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help me make the right decision…

Should i order an XSX?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FunkMiller

As an owner of all three platforms mentioned, I'd certainly recommend getting a Series X.

Yes, you can play everything it can play on a PC, but PCs can be a fucking ball ache to game on. If you like to sit back on a couch and game the easiest way you can, the Series X is still worth it, especially for GamePass, even if you have a Ps5 and a PC.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
As an owner of all three platforms mentioned, I'd certainly recommend getting a Series X.

Yes, you can play everything it can play on a PC, but PCs can be a fucking ball ache to game on. If you like to sit back on a couch and game the easiest way you can, the Series X is still worth it, especially for GamePass, even if you have a Ps5 and a PC.
That was my thought.
My PC is ancient and the prices for a high level gaming pc are not nice. Other than that i am a couch-gamer: TV on, console on, play.
I have kinda two living rooms, one with a 65” Sony Oled and the PS5, the other with a 55” Sony Oled and no console. XSX is meant for the latter.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
As other have echoed.

If you don't have a gaming PC, then go for the SX.

And instead of spending money for games like Halo, get Game Pass. Or rather, get the cheapest Xbox Gold codes you can find and convert up-to 3 years worth of Gold to Game Pass for $1 only. You'll get Halo Infinite and a shit ton of other games on there.

edit:

If interested, here are the steps to get cheap 3 years game pass ultimate for approx $100.

---

1. Purchase [cdkeys.com] 12-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership (Turkey - Email Delivery).
2. Create [windscribe.com] Free Account on Windscribe VPN and Download App or Chrome Extension [windscribe.com].
3. Connect to Turkey on Windscribe VPN or using your own VPN service/app.
4. Redeem [microsoft.com] your Xbox Live Gold code(s) without agreeing to recurring billing.
You can stack up to three years of Xbox Live Gold.
5. Disconnect VPN.
6. Join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate [xbox.com] by purchasing your first month for $1 ($14.99 if you joined Game Pass before for $1).

Don't enable auto renewal when asked.

When you're redeeming the Gold, you *MAY* get asked about getting an extra bonus month of Gold.

DENY THAT.

The reason is that it will fuck up the 36 month conversion, you can stack a max of 36 months.

Question about this. Do you have to use Xbox Live Gold via Turkey? I ask because it is sold out at cd keys.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Question about this. Do you have to use Xbox Live Gold via Turkey? I ask because it is sold out at cd keys.

Any region will work, Turkey is recommended most because historically it's the cheapest on CDKeys.

A lot of other folks use Brazil/Argentina codes as they are similarly priced from what I've read.

But whichever region you use, the VPN needs to be of the same region as well.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
Not sure if serious.

If you don't own own a PC, it's pretty obvious you should be getting it ASAP.
756031.jpg

Dude, seriously.

What will you say if I make a thread asking should I get a PS5?

It's either a PC or that. Would be silly to skip on any system for multiple generations.

Especially since taste change. I would be sick of Mario if all I did was play on Nintendo systems.

F31 Leopard

I regret buying an XSX. Stays in my closet. I don't even know which games are true current gen for it. All my games are cross-gen or ports from PS4/One generation. Only time I whip it out is when I feel like playing OG Xbox and 360 games.

zzill3

Banned
Sell the PS5 buy a series X.
See metacritic for series x and PS5

Even after a year with no games for xbox, there’s 10 90+ games for series X vs. 7 for PS5, and 99 80+ games for series X vs. 95 for PS5.

It’s cheaper and with a better backwards compatible library.

If you like playing games there’s really no contest.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
If you are thinking about getting one at least wait until Black Friday in the hope of a price drop or free extra shit. One month isn't going to kill you.

Last edited:

Griffon

Bad move, should've bought a Steam Deck.

Especially if you don't own a PC, Steam sales and third party PC key stores would open your mind.

Last edited:

NinjaBoiX

Buy a XSX, it’s a great console.

I have both, I’m lucky enough to own a PS5 as well. And truth be told? The PS5 definitely feels more “next/new gen”, it just feels like a more advanced console.

But also truth be told? I fire up my XSX more often at the moment, it feels like there’s more stuff I actually want to play on there as things stand.

But they’re both amazing, and they’ll both have exclusives, and multiplat games that perform better on one or the other.

whynotboth.gif

Kamina

Golden Boy
The part in the purchase of literally anything where I begin to feel buyers remorse but distract myself until the feeling passes and accept what I have done.
I know exactly what you mean. By my experience this is usually happening for me when i don’ think about the purchase long enough and do it impulsively. In this case i have been think about it for a month now, no remorse so far. 🙃

If you are thinking about getting one at least wait until Black Friday in the hope of a price drop or free extra shit. One month isn't going to kill you.
Well, it is already ordered now, and black friday usually never has these consoles on sale here where i live. But i will surely keep my eyes open for peripherals on that day.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Get it if you like to sub to gamepass and use emulators. It has an awesome PS2 emulator, and no need for dev mode.

Edit: I see you already bought it. Congrats 👏

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
I'm gonna ask it here since the question doesn't seem worthy of a thread:

If I wanna buy an Xbox console only for the backwards compatibile library of the original Xbox and Xbox 360 games (plus the option to play Halo 5), would it be enough to grab a used Xbox One for that purpose or would it still be better to get a Series S or X?

I'm gonna ask it here since the question doesn't seem worthy of a thread:

If I wanna buy an Xbox console only for the backwards compatibile library of the original Xbox and Xbox 360 games (plus the option to play Halo 5), would it be enough to grab a used Xbox One for that purpose or would it still be better to get a Series S or X?

Series S unless you like to torture yourself.

TLZ

Banned
Why Series S specifically, though?
If you're able, just shoot for the X. Worth it for the extra power and space anyway. And if you like to emulate a few retro stuff, it has that too without the need to hack anything.

But when talking about BC, just know that it's not fully BC with the entire Xbox and 360 library. I mean you can't just throw in any disc and expect it to run. They're a select number. Just in case you didn't know and to avoid confusion and disappointment later. The 360 is a much bigger selection than the Xbox. You can see them all on Xbox's website.

Bippicaster

Neo Member
You made the right call. Game Pass is seriously an insane value especially if you missed the last gen. I’ve probably played through a good 30-40 games in the last year just on the game pass subscription alone.

Drizzlehell

Banned
If you're able, just shoot for the X. Worth it for the extra power and space anyway. And if you like to emulate a few retro stuff, it has that too without the need to hack anything.

But when talking about BC, just know that it's not fully BC with the entire Xbox and 360 library. I mean you can't just throw in any disc and expect it to run. They're a select number. Just in case you didn't know and to avoid confusion and disappointment later. The 360 is a much bigger selection than the Xbox. You can see them all on Xbox's website.
Yes, I am aware of that but looking at the selection of BC games on the xbox store, it's more than enough. I also don't need Series X because I have a gaming PC. The only reason why I'm considering this is those BC games, nothing else.

I presume you are trying to save some cash, since you are comparing them with One.
I was asking why would I "torture myself" by getting Xbone. I presume it has something to do with how these BC games are running on that console compared to Series S? Is it that much worse?

BlackTron

Xbox has Gamepass (a lot of gaming for very little) while Sony has the tentpole exclusive games. So in that way the consoles are rather complementary.

I would require either a PC or Xbox before going for PS5 personally.

Reactions: Isa

Drizzlehell

Banned
Mostly due to SSD and faster processor. HDD based systems feel too slow now.
Yeah, I still play on my old PS3 occasionally and the difference is significant but honestly, it's not a deal breaker for me to wait those few extra seconds for something to load, especially since those old games weren't programmed for faster load times anyway. I'd be more concerned if the framerate was significantly worse on Xbone.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
No pc here, and Bethesda goes hand in hand with bugs.
Just understand the GP conversion deal.

If you sign up with GP then you can't do it. If you use the free 1 month trial likely in your box, you can't do it.

Prior to signing up to GP you have to buy Xbox Live Gold. The max you can do it 3 years. Standard price is $60/yr. So $180.

Then you have the option to convert all of that to GP Ultimate for $1. Total $181 and you're set until late 2025.

Kamina

Golden Boy

If you sign up with GP then you can't do it. If you use the free 1 month trial likely in your box, you can't do it.

Prior to signing up to GP you have to buy Xbox Live Gold. The max you can do it 3 years. Standard price is $60/yr. So $180.

Then you have the option to convert all of that to GP Ultimate for $1. Total $181 and you're set until late 2025.
On CDKeys 12m Gold are 46€ atm. so 138€ for 3years

Isa

Congrats! I've got 'em all myself. I picked up the Series X roughly 6-8 months after launch and my friends followed suite. Partially gamepass, partially taste preferences, and cheaper entry point for them. I've been plowing through games on GP, with Plague Tale and just finished Signalis last night. I too have to have Starfield. Oh yeah, if interested maybe check out the MS rewards stuff. This year I've gotten like 5 or 6 50 dollar cards and a few 25s. Paid off a few games that way. Also some decent movie and anime deals on the store occasionally if you're so inclined. I used to main Amazon for our movie/show purchases and rentals but over the past year we've been building up or library thanks to some pretty good deals.

Anyway have fun. I love having my gaming bases covered. Having access to whatever you want when you want it is a pretty nice luxury.

SHA

It won't be out for ages.

Pick up a preowned series X when it's actually out and I'd even give the game a month or two to have bugs removed and price to drop.
It sounds like a late release date placeholder that will eventually get delayed.

Kamina

Golden Boy

0LCYPhb.jpg

Top Bottom