• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here Is What Donald Trump Wants To Do In His First 100 Days (from October)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if he can do the things Obama wanted to do, but couldn't because of congress, then fine.

if he attempts to infringe on anyone's rights in any way, fuck off with that shit.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Health Savings Accounts.

Goodbye, health care system.

Why do people entertain though that members of Congress is going to give themselves term limits? An amendment still has to go through Congress.

Somnid

Electoral policies: Surprisingly good
Trade policy: Some good, some bad
Environmental policy: Awful
Healthcare: Nope
Immigration policy: Yikes

Fox Mulder

For dems, we have ourselves to blame. He won with fewer votes than Romney lost with. We couldn't get our people out to vote for years to stop the tea party taking the country back from the ground up.

It was staggering and I'm never missing a midterm or local election again after this.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Why do people entertain though that members of Congress is going to give themselves term limits? An amendment still has to go through Congress.

Trump needs to commit to actively campaigning against them if they won't comply with what Americans want.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Never going to happen. No way congress votes themselves out of a job.

Can't wait until a good part of the Republicans say "I can't vote on something that affects me, CONFLICT OF INTERESTS!"

Oersted

Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values

The cyber

Quixzlizx

WHAT

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

HOW DO YOU EVEN DO THAT

WHAT THE FUCK

THAT'S LIKE GOING TO A GAME SOURCE CODE AND DECLARING THAT FOR EVERY ONE LINE OF CODE IN, TWO LINES NEED TO BE ELIMINATED

THERE IS NO LOGIC TO THIS

THIS IS NOTHING BUT STROKING THE DICKS OF LIBERTARIANS WHO HAVE NO IDEA AS TO WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE DOING.

But it's working out so well for Kansas.

DavidDesu

He actually wants Mexico to pay for this mythical wall he wants to build. That's... like how is that ever going to come to pass?! He does know he's not the President of Mexico, doesn't he?

... ?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
For people saying that this is all good, what about the environment ones? Do you believe that climate change shouldn't be tackled?

That HSA plan thing can go fuck itself right off a cliff. How are poor people, that generally do not have the ability to save any money, supposed to give up enough money to pay for their health expenses through a "tax free" savings account? What the fuck is this shit? For the people that don't have healthcare it's like a giant fuck you I got mine offer.

Hell no. People who actually think all this shit will fly are crazy.

It really doesn't matter if Trump is trying to do some 'good' that will be blocked. What matters is that shit like stopping payments for climate change, reopening coal mines, and all that shit will ruin things. And Republicans WILL pass that.

Madness

This doesn't ruin the lives of people following our laws.

Lol, you actually bought into it. You got played like a fool. Trump isn't going to do jackshit for you. One of the most corrupt businessmen. A silver spoon fed elite from New York who voted Democrat his whole adult life, used China and Mexico to undercut US labor and materials, who was pretty much atheist, he wears a trucker hat in the deep south preaching US jobs and manufacturing and clutching a bible, and you think he will be your savior. You will be far worse off in 4 years. Your god-king is still an elected leader in a nation of checks and balances and laws. He pulled the wool over your eyes, you just haven't realized it yet.

MechaX

If you've had a federal job you know that they are over staffed for what they do.

We need to boost productivity.

Require more production with less headcount. Let's stretch that tax dollar.

Uh, yes, I have had a federal job, actually.

And "overstaffed," are you fucking kidding me? And what does "for what they do" even mean?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
For people saying that this is all good, what about the environment ones? Do you believe that climate change shouldn't be tackled?

It sucks but this is the only opportunity this country will have to fix some deep rooted problems including the corruption of our political leaders.

Kimawolf

if you're a illegal migrant. Find yourself a sanctuary city quickly. Portland seems to be telling him to F off, and i'm sure some places in Cali will do the same. His "list" for the 1st hundred days is crazy.

And yeah, climate change is real, and soon people really begin to feel it. What will it take? for a coastal city to be permanently under water? for some monster once in a thousand year hurricane to show up and just demolish the east coast?

CHC

Some of these things are actually good.

Those same things will probably not pass.

Term limits? I don't see that changing with a GOP House and Senate.

Status quo will reign supreme here.

The M.O.B

"* FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting."

The philippines and Indonesia are included in his list of "terrorists heavens" right?

This is going to affect me greatly.

The Llama

And "overstaffed," are you fucking kidding me? And what does "for what they do" even mean?

I dunno about "overstaffed" but I'm pretty jealous of my friends with fedgov jobs tbh. GS scale is crazy generous with pay for the hours you work.

If any of y'all think the Republicans in Congress will allow even half of this shit to pass then let me assuage your concerns: there's no way in hell they will. Congress isn't going to vote to impose term limits on itself, for fuck's sake! Fortunately for us all, the President is actually pretty weak compared to Congress.

It sucks but this is the only opportunity this country will have to fix some deep rooted problems including the corruption of our political leaders.

Yeah, call me crazy, but I don't think MAYBE doing something to fix the government is worth permanent damage to the Earth's climate.

Just a hunch ykno

If any of y'all think the Republicans in Congress will allow even half of this shit to pass then let me assuage your concerns: there's no way in hell they will. Congress isn't going to vote to impose term limits on itself, for fuck's sake! Fortunately for us all, the President is actually pretty weak compared to Congress.

But that's the least concerning thing though. Climate change and immigration? Congress will push those through with smiles on their faces.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

It means "I have no idea what the fuck i'm talking about but herpa derp it's bad."

Seriously. One of the literal few things that has an ounce of sensibility to it is the one thing that will never happen.

Term limits are a terrible idea. Given the number of other things someone in Congress has to do like fundraise and talk to constituents, it takes years to develop a deep understanding of the committees you're on. With term limits someone has to leave Congress just when they can actually be useful. They just make lobbyists and staff more powerful.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That HSA plan thing can go fuck itself right off a cliff. How are poor people, that generally do not have the ability to save any money, supposed to give up enough money to pay for their health expenses through a "tax free" savings account? What the fuck is this shit? For the people that don't have healthcare it's like a giant fuck you I got mine offer.

Bankruptcies will skyrocket.

DavidDesu

Oh and EXPANDING military investment? Mental. America spends something like double their nearest world super power rival, and multiple times per head of population what most other sane western countries spend on their own defence.

Is there gonna be anti-aircraft missile silos on every street corner or something? Every police officer gets his own mech suit or tank or something?!

America needs to shrink it's military spending, massively so, and maybe he could afford some of the things he wants to do like huge infrastructure spending, which from all accounts IS something that is desperately needed in the states!

WHAT

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

HOW DO YOU EVEN DO THAT

WHAT THE FUCK

THAT'S LIKE GOING TO A GAME SOURCE CODE AND DECLARING THAT FOR EVERY ONE LINE OF CODE IN, TWO LINES NEED TO BE ELIMINATED

THERE IS NO LOGIC TO THIS

THIS IS NOTHING BUT STROKING THE DICKS OF LIBERTARIANS WHO HAVE NO IDEA AS TO WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE DOING.

i think the reasoning behind that statement is pretty solid. whether we like it or not, he and his fanbase have been against too much federal regulations. so by having 2 federal laws removed for each new one this should, IN THEORY, discourage additional federal regulations. basically they don't like the shackles of the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom