• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima interview (IGN)

SolidSnakex said:
When thinking of MGS4's graphics, its important to keep this in mind

Nah, shouldn't worry too much about that. Team Kojima has consistently produced among the best looking games since the PSX. I'm sure they're eager to maintain that reputation. Plus, they wouldn't want to lose out to their counterparts over at Capcom.

I'm not saying it won't look great, just pointing out where the focus is. I don't think the series has ever had the most detailed models are textures. It's always been about how the whole picture is put together and the little details that other developers don't put in their games.

Borys

Banned
Klee has officially lost it :lol

I wonder if it'll have the same effect as MGS2 trailer. People are pumped up for MGS4, like never before.

SONY HYPE GET!

SolidSnakex said:
I'm not saying it won't look great, just pointing out where the focus is. I don't think the series has ever had the most detailed models are textures. It's always been about how the whole picture is put together and the little details that other developers don't put in their games.

yeah, I've read Hideo's comments about changing the focus from merely improving graphics to behind-the-scenes elements (plants growing, seedlings, dying....WTF?). Just hope they can harness most of Cell's horsepower so that graphics won't be impacted.

CosmicGroinPull said:
yeah, I've read Hideo's comments about changing the focus from merely improving graphics to behind-the-scenes elements (plants growing, seedlings, dying....WTF?). Just hope they can harness most of Cell's horsepower so that graphics won't be impacted.

I think those are just him giving you different ways your actions effect everything around you. So lets say you throw a grenade near a building, it'd blow a hole in the building or possibly knock it down depending on its structure, that'd not only alert gaurds but it'd also mess up any chances of using that building as a place to hide behind. It'll be more about being aware of your surroundings than you were before because you'll now have alot of influence over how they turn out.

The AI sounds like its going to get a big boost too

PSM2: What about enemy AI in the next generation.

HK: In the past, attacking an enemy was pretty straightforward, but in real life there’s the psychological elements to it. In a real battlefield, the sound of sirens and gunfire will frighten enemies, so we want to represent this kind of mental battle in MGS4. We’re planning to hire real psychiatrists to make sure it is realistic. Not just your weapon or your strength decide who wins a battle, who controls the fear can decide the outcome.

Top Bottom