• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HistoricNerd: The history of the Nintendo 64

Bullet Club

Is everybody looking forward to Superman 64 and Quest 64 coming to the Switch via NSO? Learn about the system those classics came from in this nice video.

Join me as we dive into the development and history of the Nintendo 64. This video leaned heavily on the article "The Nintendo 64 Was the Culmination of 90s Virtual Reality" for many of the quotes and general timeline of events leading to the launch of the console.

TLZ

Banned
Man haven't we seen enough of these console history videos. There are dozens of them.

Not having a go at you btw.

EdgeMaster

Neo Member
There are dozens of them.
dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

Dream-Knife

Banned
It was actually well done and informative. Narration was perfect.

Oddly it shows star wars force commander as a working title for n64. What happened with that? AFAIK it was PC only.

My mom let me skip a day of high school to go to Toys R' Us and buy this, Mario 64, Pilot Wings and 3 extra controllers in all different colors. I was unbelievably excited for the N64 at the time.

Fake

When I was kid, I played a game where a chip enter inside animals, but because english was quite hard to understand back in that day I never find out what the name of that game, just the picture of the box.

When I was in the shopping with my family I can't believe I really found the game, the name was 'Space Station Silicon Valley', was a pain of ass trying to convice my parents to get this game, but was totally worth.

My favorite n64. Never forget.

Top Bottom