• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Is Currently The Best Selling Game On Steam

Unrivaled18

Neo Member
Most resetera users will buy it too, dont worry. Including the transpeople that advocated for banning the discussion on it. The same happened with cyberpunk. The main person who spoke up against CP77 on the forum telling people to not buy it, Kyujii or whatever was literally one of the mot active posters in the OT, lol
You can't even mention Hogwarts Legacy on that site without saying you are boycotting it.

It is an auto ban to say you will buy the game. Lmao.

And this is coming from someone who has a relative who is transgender, who says the reaction to Rowling is batshit crazy.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
Even IGN mentioned the JK discussion in their final preview. Since when does anybody care about any behind the scenes political agenda in games? Sometimes I wish we'd go back in time to the point where the internet was for universities only.
Just looking for brownie points

MMaRsu

Banned
You can't even mention Hogwarts Legacy on that site without saying you are boycotting it.

It is an auto ban to say you will buy the game. Lmao.

And this is coming from someone who has a relative who is transgender, who says the reaction to Rowling is batshit crazy.
Wrong as there are multiple people who said theyd buy the game in the 'what are you buying in february' thread

Chupanibre

Wrong as there are multiple people who said theyd buy the game in the 'what are you buying in february' thread
775ylvh.jpg

Unrivaled18

Neo Member
I got banned for another week on the other site.

For saying that Hogwarts is on my list of games I'm buying. The people went crazy on me in there, labeling me as transphohobic

Which is actually so ridiculous, I have a cousin who is transgender who I completely support. I actually defended him and got in to a big fight a few months back with some aunts who were saying shit about him when he wasn't there.

That site is so far gone from reality, I don't even know how those people can function in regular society day to day.

Ar¢tos

Era right now must be like a big building (almost like a school of magic) where everybody is wearing black and has a serious face, and as you walk in the corridors you wear faint crying in the distance and whispering sounds that suddenly vanish as you enter a room.

It's ironic that some sites treat the game as if it's Voldemort where you can't even mention the name of it....but also, sites that allow free discussion of this game could focus less on "Hur dur, look how all these people are losing their mind." and actually discuss the game itself, right now both "sides" are making fool of themselves.
With that said, I pre- ordered the deluxe edition months ago, when pre-orders opened. I enjoyed all HP games, and knowing how thrown together and whacky they were, this already looks way better than anything we've had before. I find it silly that people are calling the game antisemitic since, you know, in some parts of the world people see goblins as just fucking goblins, to me the folks that call it antisemitic kinda sound antisemitic since they made the comparison in the first place.

I got banned for another week on the other site.

For saying that Hogwarts is on my list of games I'm buying. The people went crazy on me in there, labeling me as transphohobic

Which is actually so ridiculous, I have a cousin who is transgender who I completely support. I actually defended him and got in to a big fight a few months back with some aunts who were saying shit about him when he wasn't there.

That site is so far gone from reality, I don't even know how those people can function in regular society day to day.

If you want to buy a game because you are interested in it then why should someone else's political agenda stand in your way of buying, playing and enjoying it? It really annoys me when other people push their views onto others and make something that is meant as a means of escapism and entertainment into something political or whatever. People are entitled to their opinions, just as J.K. Rowling is, but whether I agree with her or not, it is never going to stop me watching the Harry Potter movies or playing games based on it.

Patriots7

The weird thing is, I think the ban is probably intended to prevent bans?

Because that OT would be filled with people trying to bait people into catching a ban while they just want to highlight how they wanted Griffindor but have learned to accept they’ve been a Hufflepuff all along.

Either way, just a wild course of events.

Sentenza

Correct. This is basically the bubble of insanity that these people have created and era is just an online manifestation of that.
It's like a contest to top each other at who can prove to be the most weak-willed, "broken bird", dysfunctional person in the room.

It's everywhere these days on social media. Everyone self-diagnoses their ADD, ADHD, social anxiety, proneness to panic attacks, autism, or whatever the fuck and make a point of pride to announce it around as loudly as possible.

Last edited:
The irony.

Should we get a snowflake job like yours? So nothing all day but bitch and rage on social media?
i dont think you know what "irony" means.

p.s. judging by just this one page of this one thread, you all got the bitching and raging covered hahaha

Last edited:

Astral Dog

It's ironic that some sites treat the game as if it's Voldemort where you can't even mention the name of it....but also, sites that allow free discussion of this game could focus less on "Hur dur, look how all these people are losing their mind." and actually discuss the game itself, right now both "sides" are making fool of themselves.
With that said, I pre- ordered the deluxe edition months ago, when pre-orders opened. I enjoyed all HP games, and knowing how thrown together and whacky they were, this already looks way better than anything we've had before. I find it silly that people are calling the game antisemitic since, you know, in some parts of the world people see goblins as just fucking goblins, to me the folks that call it antisemitic kinda sound antisemitic since they made the comparison in the first place.
Relax, nobody has played the game yet, so there is not much to discuss, the OT is were you will find plenty of actual players impressions

Review websites, gaming forums like ResetEra and social media have made buying this Harry Potter game the most political, controversial and inmoral action in gaming. naturally there will be plenty of discussion around that, being critical of them is at least allowed here i guess As long as we don't go overboard 🤭

I noticed this game draws in alot of people who aren't familiar with Harry Potter so its gonna be an introduction to the Wizard world for them 🧙‍♂️🧙‍♀️ tbh i assumed at this point the Harry Potter brand wouldn't be as strong since it ended many years ago and the 3 latest entries have been weak

Dr_Ifto

Its funny that Hogwarts Legacy is now labeled as the game that shall not be named over there. Bunch of just dumb people. I pre-ordered the game because my daughter will not stop hassling me for it. So I hope it does well and gets great support.

Its funny that Hogwarts Legacy is now labeled as the game that shall not be named over there. Bunch of just dumb people. I pre-ordered the game because my daughter will not stop hassling me for it. So I hope it does well and gets great support.
really hope the apple fell far from this bigoted tree!

Top Bottom