• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Is Currently The Best Selling Game On Steam

According to Tech4Gamers, Hogwarts Legacy is currently at the top spot of Steam’s best-selling games.

This can also be verified by going to the following link:
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?supportedlang=english&hidef2p=1&filter=topsellers&ndl=1

I think some people are going to be fairly upset...
DOSntzx.png

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Pretty sure that's local Top Sellers. You need "Global" to see the rank around the world (which it is still up there, being beaten by perennial "Free to Play" MTX titles).

Dutchy

Banned
I'm not a Harry Potter guy at all but there was a game in the PS2-3 era that I've had hundreds hours of fun with. I always thought the HP world, with all it's secrets and intricacies lends itself reallly well for video games. Glad this is doing good. Might pick it up myself down the line.

Astral Dog

this one looks well crafted just somewhat boring and i don't think im gonna buy it tbh(or at least wait for a sale) i really liked the Harry Potter books back then and some of the movies but not hyped about this game, the gameplay reveal didn't catch my attention

That said, good to see most people are looking forward to a videogame instead of falling into the petty controversy trap and attacking others over it, what a toxic environment the Internet has become, its gonna sell millions since its a good game about magic and wizards with a popular brand that people are fond of

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Harry Potter is still a massive franchise and this game is like a dream to fans and people that grew up with it.

The same dipshits that are boycotting this hated cyberpunk for woke shit, which still sold crazy but just turned out to be garbage.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I'll be honest, I don't even care for Harry Potter and I think this game looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I might actually get it myself just because it seems like it'll be very entertaining but bonus that it will piss off some people on the loony left.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I don't even care for Harry Potter, but this makes me happy.
Me too.

I hope JK Rowling got a sweet payout out of it. I dont know anything about HP, but googling it says her company and WarnerBros jointly own the HP rights.

It would be great if HP sold 20 million copies and Rowling tweeted something like "Hey naysayers, I get $3 per game and made $60 million".

The only thing that pisses off SJW who hate people with other views in life, are people who have different views who are also rich.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent

Lmfao at blacked website on there .

I’ll probably pick this up if the pc port is good. My wife is really into Harry Potter and was bummed this wasn’t multiplayer . I think if I let her make a character and play for a bit she’ll get hooked.

ChainedDreamer

Neo Member
I'm sure the game will not get fair treatment from some obvious websites...
So I don't care about reviews on this one. No matter what I'm playing Hogwarts Legacy Day 1!

Last edited:

CosmicComet

I haven't cared about HP in a long time because Rowling is a lunatic overall, the only sane opinion she has had in recent years is the same one that is getting her called a 'transphobe' in tiny social media echo chambers.

And I'm sure the developers of Hogwarts Legacy will put in some language/dialogue in the game that makes it clear that they hold water with the unhinged REE crowd as a way to 'atone' for working on a would be transphobe's property.

It's clear as day that this is going to happen.

So yeah, not getting this game.

I'll be sure to get 3 copies of Stellar Blade tho.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
You can bet your ass that the majority of Reee is buying Hogwarts, I can see the OT being so popular that the trans/mental illness lobby on the site throws a fit and tries to get it banned 100%.
The thing is i dont think the trans or lgbt community majority even feel the way the extremist on era do. I have plenty of gay friends who are very excited for this game, even one of my friends who underwent a transition a few years ago is excited. Era likes to think that they are the voice of the marginalized in the gaming community, but thats not the case at all

Top Bottom