• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Is Currently The Best Selling Game On Steam

Tams

I have all the movie games on my shelf for PS2, plus the early PC games (1-3), and the two Lego games. How many transfolk have I killed according to them?
About...

Finger GIF by funk
season 2 episode 6 GIF by Portlandia
Calculating Oh No GIF by MOODMAN

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Need to buy some advertising on reeee and advertise the game. It’s the only way.

Their owner turns down however much advertising costs over there I wonder?

Last edited:

Radical_3d

I've seen people say some of those movie games were actually pretty good, surprisingly enough
My little sister bought the first PS1 one. It was a charming game with honesty in its simplicity and my brother and me enjoyed it a lot. Not “pretty good” for an adult to invest time on it, but “good enough” for a young adult to loose time on it.

Ar¢tos

What if I told you I also have the PS3 games too?
But do you have the Lego Harry Potter games both separate and collection edition, plus the PS1 and PS2 Harry Potter games?

Reee won't send trans assassins to teabag you to death if you are not a complete menace!

Last edited:

Demption

Has anyone bought this in nz or aus PSN store with a different account? Is making new account too much of a hassle?

Last edited:
Starting to see a lot more people wailing and moaning about the game :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I wasn't going to preorder but fuck it I'm going to pre order the deluxe edition right now. I hope it reviews well (excluding the expected review bombing) but I'll buy it just to show support for JKR :messenger_grinning_smiling:

murmulis

Apparently the game is pretty pro-trans with character creators letting you do whatever type of person you want, and a major NPC being explicitly trans (in 1800... okay lol). Going to be fun to see the usual suspects try to wrestle with this game, one of the most seemingly "progressive" somehow being ANTI LGBT lol
Plot twist - that trans character is Blaire White.

Wait to see how low the ceiling goes.

Soon it’ll be ‘cancel Barney the Dinosaur for perpetuating racial hatred’.
I swear I saw something about Barney The Dinosaur a while back...

I think the people who worked on the show got death threats and there were people destroying Barney toys or some shit.

We can't have anything good in the world anymore. These people will be angry and offended over literally anything. They don't want justice, inclusion, fairness etc they just want to burn the world down. Once they "cancel" something they move onto something new. they will never be happy.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Am I the only one getting the feeling that this game is trying so hard to appease the cancel cultists with trans NPCs and trans protagonists that they're about to release a game that bothers everyone?

murmulis

IGN reviewer: "The fact that I'm getting Hogwarts Legacy is insane to me and it's only happening because everybody else is too afraid to review it. That's literally it."

timestamp: 1:43:36

Imagine being that afraid of a video game message board.
Those nutjobs might start stalking, doxxing and harassing the reviewer and their family.

Apparently the game is pretty pro-trans with character creators letting you do whatever type of person you want, and a major NPC being explicitly trans (in 1800... okay lol). Going to be fun to see the usual suspects try to wrestle with this game, one of the most seemingly "progressive" somehow being ANTI LGBT lol
Another game they hate on is Cyberpunk 2077. It's set in a world where being not only transgender but trans human is normal and almost celebrated. It's a dark shitty world but it's a world that basically nobody gives a fuck what you are. If you want boobs and a cock then go for it. If you want a ripped muscular body with no boobs but want a pussy then you can. If you want to be half robot, half human with chrome skin, weapons planted in your arms, and no nipples/genitals you can.

It's not even just the game itself but the entire Cyberpunk genre. But that's not good enough. These people aren't interested in seeing anything positive and only want to find a reason to hate.

Last edited:
Those nutjobs might start stalking, doxxing and harassing the reviewer and their family.
there is no question about it. They will go after the reviewer.

Anyone, in their mind, who buys this game is a transphobe. It will be the same for anyone who reviews it without giving it a 1-3/10, attacking JK Rowling, and begging people not to buy it.

NickFire

I suspect we will be getting a lot of new members as time goes on because of this one single game. It’s starting to dawn on some people that banning all discussion of it will pose a real big problem in NPD, game of year threads, etc.

If there’s one thing console loyalists can’t tolerate it’s being banned for debating sales charts I bet. :messenger_angry_horns:

Elysion

Banned
Well didn't this place use to be like Resetera until the great split? I remember people on other message boards derided this place as an insane place. So be glad those loonies are at another place and the new version of this board can talk about video games and have mature discussions.

Indeed. I’m pretty sure Neogaf was in fact one of the first gaming forums to go ‚woke’; I first noticed this around 10 years or so ago, when Anita Sarkeesian (remember her?) first gained prominence. We should be thankful that Evilore got Me-Too-ed and that that crowd turned against him, because otherwise this place would probably be like ResetEra right now.

Indeed. I’m pretty sure Neogaf was in fact one of the first gaming forums to go ‚woke’; I first noticed this around 10 years or so ago, when Anita Sarkeesian (remember her?) first gained prominence. We should be thankful that Evilore got Me-Too-ed and that that crowd turned against him, because otherwise this place would probably be like ResetEra right now.
Something Awful went woke pretty quick too, you were usually able to skirt around some of it since the site was founded on edgy humor, but as time went on it got worse and worse. Even participating in the live sports threads was painful because god forbid you make a comment about a hot woman in the crowd or don't agree the NFL should be shut down immediately because of CTE.

Run-M-Run

For some reason Rage 2 got mixed reviews but that game was really fun - Avalanche knows what they're doing. Happy to see this being reviewed so well.

For some reason Rage 2 got mixed reviews but that game was really fun - Avalanche knows what they're doing. Happy to see this being reviewed so well.
Different Avalanche

Avalanche Studios is the one who made Rage 2, Just Cause, Mad Max, etc.

Avalanche Software is behind Hogwarts Legacy. Their last game was Cars 3: Driven to Win (2017) and they also done Disney Infinity games, Toy Story 3, Cars 2, and a bunch of other Disney stuff.

Last edited:

Run-M-Run

Different Avalanche

Avalanche Studios is the one who made Rage 2, Just Cause, Mad Max, etc.

Avalanche Software is behind Hogwarts Legacy. Their last game was Cars 3: Driven to Win (2017) and they also done Disney Infinity games, Toy Story 3, Cars 2, and a bunch of other Disney stuff.
What, really? My bad.

Top Bottom