• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy |OT| The Prisoners of AskforBan

Krathoon

Gold Member
The game just pulled a classic game thing early on.
They throw a mini boss at you when you are first in Hogsmead.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Here is a good first impression from a content creator who was HIGHLY skeptical of the game before release due to the lack of experience of the developer with a project like this.

No spoilers. Just a first impressions kind of thing.

TLDR it's apparently really good and the exploration is really good as well.

Luke often has pretty decent taste, and his takes are usually worth listening to. Good to see he's positive about the game.

ssringo

I haven't cared about Harry Potter in nearly 20 years and almost certainly wouldn't have paid any attention to this game without the "controversy" but I'm glad I did. I'm not really sure why as I've barely started (heading to first class) but I'm finding it quite enjoyable just looking around and listening to people talk. The voice work seems really good so far. Mostly good performance on PC at 1440p but had massive frame drops after selecting my house. Also don't like the menu style of dragging your cursor everywhere but whatever.

Sorting Hat said I'm a Ravenclaw so fist bump to fellow Ravenclaw!

Meicyn

Gold Member
Any one else having trouble activating the Ray tracing mode on PS5? It says to reboot to change but always goes back to the default mode.
You need to switch your game display preference in the system settings to “game default”. You likely have it set to “performance”. This apparently conflicts with trying to turn on raytracing.

RPS37

Had a political argument that you might not expect while playing this last night…

i wanted to pick Slytherin house but the person watching me was convinced that would automatically make me evil! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You can be a good Slytherin, right? Right?

Last edited:

Krathoon

Gold Member
The game seems to do lots of different stuff depending on the choices that you make.
Definitely replayable.

I am seeing lots of hidden stuff. Lots of locked doors.

Last edited:
Can uhmm... someone please confirm? :D
vOlTA9x.jpg
Jesus fuck I’m tired of reading about trans politics in the most dumb shit contexts imaginable. A video game character has no assignment at birth because THERE WAS NO BIRTH.

belmarduk

I see the "Legacy of Hate" thread is back.. it will be the tastiest of tears.. and that will be almost as much fun as the game is.

I got the deluxe edition for series X today. So excited to finally be playing it!!!!

Reactions: Isa

RafterXL

This game has me wanting to binge watch the movies again.

My bigotry apparently knows no bounds.
I'm actually going to watch the movies because of this game. Never would have otherwise, I hope they are half as good.
Is this game fun from a gameplay and exploration perspective, is it fun to play? Im not coming for a story
Exploration is one of my favorite parts of gaming and I'm loving it in HL.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
"Fuck you Lenora, do your own homework."

. . .also game does need that patch; getting to Hogsmeade it feels like the wheels are about to come off at any moment.

I see the "Legacy of Hate" thread is back.. it will be the tastiest of tears.. and that will be almost as much fun as the game is.

I got the deluxe edition for series X today. So excited to finally be playing it!!!!

You all told us you wanted this as a full ban. We agreed, and we have provided it. And we are once again prepared to toss out anyone who breaks the rules no matter how they feel about Rowling and Harry Potter. Do not attempt to skirt the rules.”

Why would they need to toss out anyone if everyone agreed to the ban? Mega brain time. What a total shitshow. This is what happens when you think your personal extremist idiocy, and the voices of a few other extremist buddies, are in fact the common agreed upon Ethical Group Think of an entire forum.

Last edited:
Hufflepuff here... its pretty funny how despite essentially being the fat idiot house for the books they managed to make it all positive with "loyal and hardworking" being the two main points of a Hufflepuff.

I love the random little encounters around the castle, these two suits. just hate each other.

I mean it was the only house that stood at the end with all members other than Gryffindor which had to be there and a few Ravenclaws. In a way they were always the most hardworking…but honey badger don’t give a shit.

Last edited:

Braag

Man, this game has really riled up twitter it seems.
I get it if you don't want to support the game but attacking people who just want to play a game in a world they love?

They say buying this game will financially support J.K Rowling which will directly mean that you share her point of view. Yet these same people don't thing twice about buying a Acti/Blizz game which will directly support Bobby Kotick who threatened to kill his former assistant who was gonna snitch on him, who let all that sexual harassment happen in his own company and tried to silence the whole thing.
They don't think twice about buying the new Ubisoft game despite all the shit going down in that studio and the CEO knowing damn well about it and trying to quickly brush it under the rug by letting few people go. Financially supporting these guys is somehow fine.

If you're gonna be woke, be woke, don't be selective about it cause that weakens your narrative.

Edit: Sorry about the rant.

Last edited:
Man i freaking love that you can adjust the pitch of the mc voice as wonky as it is. The default male is not doing it for me so I went a bit lower and its justtt right. Cdpr should take note for their next witcher/ cyberpunk game.

Last edited:
Question, since you can choose to link your account to your pottermore account to get the house and wand already assigned to you from there, does doing so omit the sorting hat ceremony?

phant0m

Question, since you can choose to link your account to your pottermore account to get the house and wand already assigned to you from there, does doing so omit the sorting hat ceremony?
no, you still get the full cutscene.
the hat ceremony is 2 questions. the second one is basically "what house (characteristic) do you want?" and then it suggests that house.
you skip the second question if you import and it goes straight to suggesting that house.

So far none of the characters have felt cut and paste-y. They feel like they were designed with care.
whole game does, tbh. there are a LOT of really nice touches and attention to detail in this. in particular, i'm astonished at the animation quality.
The first great western rpg of the year..truly impressive stuff here. Here's to hoping Starfield will be even better.
between this, Tears of the Kingdom, Starfield and Diablo IV.... i'm getting 2017 vibes

Last edited:
Had a political argument that you might not expect while playing this last night…

i wanted to pick Slytherin house but the person watching me was convinced that would automatically make me evil! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Of course you can. I don't like how the books and movies are basically Gryffindor = The best house ever! and Slytherin = evil, murdering, lunatics.

Slytherin doesn't mean you are a bad person and just because you're not in Slytherin doesn't mean you can't be an asshole.

Be proud of being a Slytherin :)

You all told us you wanted this as a full ban. We agreed, and we have provided it. And we are once again prepared to toss out anyone who breaks the rules no matter how they feel about Rowling and Harry Potter. Do not attempt to skirt the rules.”

Why would they need to toss out anyone if everyone agreed to the ban? Mega brain time. What a total shitshow. This is what happens when you think your personal extremist idiocy, and the voices of a few other extremist buddies, are in fact the common agreed upon Ethical Group Think of an entire forum.
Yep, you can tell from that post there is a lot of seething going on behind the scenes with some mods wanting to post about the game and others screeching about it :LOL:

MastAndo

No, it does not. I had my WB account linked as I created one yesterday, and it recommended the same house I had there after answering questions, but I was able to choose whichever I wanted.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion

Anyone from any house can be evil and anyone can be good. Reminder that Merlin was in Slytherin and was the greatest Wizard of his age.

Meanwhile Gilderoy Lockhart was in Ravenclaw and turned out to be a conniving memory stealing jack wagon.

Going from the bowels of the Ishimura to the wings of Hogwarts has been an amazing transition this year. Two legendary videogame worlds, up there with the likes of Rapture, Night City, San Andreas, Raccoon City, Midgar, etc. Feels good to just walk around and soak everything in.

Last edited:

D23

How many of us came back from Era due to all this nonsense??? Just got sorted, and this is honestly what I've dreamed about for a Harry Potter game since I was a kid. So many times in the first hour I've just found myself smiling and living out my childhood daydreams lmao

Me. I just want a place to discuss this amazing game and im glad we have an OT here

Im a huge harry potter fan and this game made me feel like a kid again (im 35) lol

Anyone from any house can be evil and anyone can be good. Reminder that Merlin was in Slytherin and was the greatest Wizard of his age.

Meanwhile Gilderoy Lockhart was in Ravenclaw and turned out to be a conniving memory stealing jack wagon.
Also, Harry Potter would've been put in Slytherin. But he did have part of Voldemorts soul in him since he was a baby. Even when he lived with the horcrux inside him it didn't make him a bad person. His son was also sorted in Slytherin.

sendit

1. Chicken Little: Ace in Action
  2. Meet the Robinsons
  3. Hannah Montana: Spotlight World tour
  4. Bolt
  5. Toy Story 3
  6. Cars 2
  7. Disney Infinity
  8. Disney Infinity 2
  9. Disney Infinity 3
  10. Cars 3
Imagine a development studio having a resume of the above games. To be then asked to delivery an open world Harry Potter game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom