• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy |OT| The Prisoners of AskforBan

SCB3

I feel it's a real shame a large swath of games media aren't even willing to give this game a shot. It's a really well made game so far and I think there would be interesting conversations to have about how it handled it's IP compared to games like Star Wars Battlefront and Gotham Knights (bad examples but you get the idea). Is Digital Foundry skipping coverage too?
On the flip side, I've unfollowed and blocked anywhere that is not covering this game without a good reason to, for example simply not interested in HP?, thats fine its not for everyone, I'm not keen on LotR so don't really play those games, but not playing cause of JK Rowling, well then I want nothing to do with your view either as you've just told me I should be dictated to what media I can or cannot consume

DF are not immune, if they do not cover this at all, I'll find some other channel covering analysis instead

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Glad I could contribute a title that people enjoy.

I actually don't really stan for Harry Potter. I read the books once. Yeah. But the meta story arc of logic vs. Idiocy is more entertainment than I could every expect for free, so fuck yeah, Hogwart's Legacy. Cheers.

GymWolf

Already broke the twitch record cyberpunk had. 1.3 concurrent viewers.

Opps. You did this resetera. Hahaha
giphy.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's not the only reason why I buy physical but yeah. This is a very rare possibility.
But I think Hogwarts on disc still requires internet like gt7....
I think the "internet required" is just on the Xbox version, and only because Xbox required a longer production time, so the game on the disc is essentially unfinished. Pretty sure the PS5 version on the disk is essentially what is out now and playable start to finish, and doesn't require internet.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I think the "internet required" is just on the Xbox version, and only because Xbox required a longer production time, so the game on the disc is essentially unfinished. Pretty sure the PS5 version on the disk is essentially what is out now and playable start to finish, and doesn't require internet.
btw there is a site to check this. No HL there yet

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
You guys have been good about this so far but just a reminder that spoilers should be clearly marked in this thread by using [ SPOILER ] tags. Since a lot of players are new to world of Hogwarts / Harry Potter, this also extends to the books and movies.

Feel free to create a separate (clearly labeled) spoiler free thread as needed.

DosGamer

The absolute icing on the cake would be for the studio to come out with a timeline fairly soon for DLC/ add ons.
Just knowing that other areas will be added or even quidditch. (spelling?). It could make this an early contender for game of the year.

On the flip side, I've unfollowed and blocked anywhere that is not covering this game without a good reason to, for example simply not interested in HP?, thats fine its not for everyone, I'm not keen on LotR so don't really play those games, but not playing cause of JK Rowling, well then I want nothing to do with your view either as you've just told me I should be dictated to what media I can or cannot consume

DF are not immune, if they do not cover this at all, I'll find some other channel covering analysis instead
Yep, this game is going to be a great filter to weed out all of the self important nutjobs.

The dumbasses know they have failed trying to stop people from playing this game, so they have taken to posting open spoilers all over.. which is strange because how would they know this unless they played the game they ordered everyone else not to play?

They have resorted to posting spoilers? 😐😐😐

sendit

On normal some of these battles get hairy. I have survived many times by the skin of my teeth, using all of my spells and hurling things about. No way I am trying hard, lol.
Playing on hard, fights so far have not been overly challenging.

Flabagast

Impossible to know if people who are already playing needed to download a big patch before playing the game?

I think it's a pretty easy question to answer...
Current version is 1.003, we don't know if it is supposed to be the day one version or not. For all we know there might not be any day one patch at all.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Impossible to know if people who are already playing needed to download a big patch before playing the game?

I think it's a pretty easy question to answer...
Since the only version that's out is the digital deluxe edition. Digital versions are pre-patched to the latest build automatically. There hasn't been a patch released since the game went live yesterday, if that's what you're asking.

Gerdav

The dumbasses know they have failed trying to stop people from playing this game, so they have taken to posting open spoilers all over.. which is strange because how would they know this unless they played the game they ordered everyone else not to play?
I’ll wager the spoilers ultimately came from the early access review code, so a so called “journalist” or the possibility of a woketard developer considering how long the game is meant to be and how quickly they were at it.

Krathoon

There was a patch on the PS5 version. Does the controller change color depending on the house you are in? Mine is purple for Ravenclaw.

Last edited:

noomi

So I just did the account link thing on the WB site, will I still have the sorting process happen in-game and will I be able to chose a different house if I'd want to.

I'd hate to think that by linking the account I would miss out on some sorting in-game dialog or cutscenes.

Gerdav

So I just did the account link thing on the WB site, will I still have the sorting process happen in-game and will I be able to chose a different house if I'd want to.

I'd hate to think that by linking the account I would miss out on some sorting in-game dialog or cutscenes.
It asked me one question that I answered then sorted me, i am not sure if that’s the full experience or cut down tbh, it then gives the option to confirm your house or choose another one.

Lunarorbit

I think the day one patch went out with the digital deluxe versions that people are playing like jshackles is saying

cormack12

Gold Member

You can change your house. And later on you can completely change your wand too as well

The absolute icing on the cake would be for the studio to come out with a timeline fairly soon for DLC/ add ons.
Just knowing that other areas will be added or even quidditch. (spelling?). It could make this an early contender for game of the year.
no quidditch per the devs

Top Bottom