• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Ultra+ Mod adds GI, RT Water, fixes stutters and more

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
The modding community is getting the job done once again...

image.png

Modder ‘SammiLucia’ has released a new version of her Ultra+ Mod for Hogwarts Legacy which adds an “Insane” graphics preset. This is a must-have mod for everyone that wants to play this latest “Harry Potter” game.
The Hogwarts Legacy Ultra+ Mod enables global illumination (you can either select RTGI or SSGI), adds ray-traced water, and brings better graphics for the whole game.
Moreover, it fixes texture loading, blurriness, disables Chroma DLL, and increases view distance and LODs.

Link to the mod: [Here]

660-1688161647-1412002893.jpeg
660-1680177157-78340436.jpeg
660-1686767663-1003707478.jpeg
660-1682765650-353664796.jpeg

Full list of changes:

Fixes broken LOD definitions in Hogsmeade and elsewhere
  • Reduces memory usage
  • Improves stability
  • Reworks the texture streamer to fix hitches/stutters
  • Fixes slow texture loading
  • Completely disables Chroma SDK plugin (DLL)
  • Makes the game playable even on lower-end PCs!
Dramatically improves game visuals:
  • Forces higher than cut-scene visuals for the whole game
  • Fixes noisy raytraced reflections
  • Enables global illumination (either RTGI or SSGI)
  • Enables raytraced water (optional)
  • Enables raytraced shadows for the whole map
  • Improves screenspace reflections
  • Removes the sepia look (optional)
  • Adjusts contrast / washed out look
  • Fixes blurriness
  • Enables TAA Gen5 (which is used extensively in DLSS also)
  • Improves the sky and clouds above cut-scene quality
  • Improves lighting on the ground cast from the sky
  • Enables raytracing integration with particle FX (Insane only)
  • Hand-tunes all in-game graphics settings

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It looks like this also fixes a lot of graphical hitches that the game has, and allows it to run with less resources - meaning it can be played on even lower-end PCs. Neat.

lmimmfn

Yes but at what cost?

The game was already taxing on my 3080 with rt off.
It's a mod, run and see, mods don't usually state requirements for various settings because the individual creating the mod doesn't gave 100 different PCs to test.

Thus is cool, gonna try it at the weekend on my 4070Ti, 7800X3D, 32Gig rig.

hussar16

Can it add systems that would make the game fun like quditvh tournaments. Points based classes .everything else the older games had where this game feels like a generic third person romp

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Not a big mod user (outside of mmo's) typically but this looks like it would be fun to play around with over the weekend.

I recognize nexus mods from back in my wow days...still a safe source based on Gaf usage?

Jrecard

Damn I'll have to give this a go, I gave up on RT at all on my 4090 as I couldn't fix the frame drops + hitching (with gpu usage drops) with it enabled. It still exists to a lesser extent with it disabled too, performance is terrible for how it looks imo

phant0m

Why even play games day 1 anymore on PC

Modders are insanely talented, wtf.

Hackerman GIF by warrify
this is the part i never understand.

devs, with $xxM budget: optimizing for PC is too hard/complex/resource-consuming

modders, for free: here's a mod that fixes a bunch of bugs & performance, improves visuals, and adds new content

devs: ????

edit:
This is why I will play Starfield on PC, modders are seriously sometimes on a different level even than the developers themselves.
yup. i consider Fallout 4 unplayable outside of PC w/ mods. and i don't even do anything that crazy: Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch, ENB/Lighting Overhaul, Buffout 4, UI/Inventory Overhaul and See Through Scopes.

Last edited:

ShadowNate

devs, with $xxM budget: optimizing for PC is too hard/complex/resource-consuming

modders, for free: here's a mod that fixes a bunch of bugs & performance, improves visuals, and adds new content

devs: ????

edit:

yup. i consider Fallout 4 unplayable outside of PC w/ mods. and i don't even do anything that crazy: Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch, ENB/Lighting Overhaul, Buffout 4, UI/Inventory Overhaul and See Through Scopes.
Yes, I think the problem in your logic is that you miss that the mod is not really optimized to run on the wide range of PC configurations that the vanilla game is supposed to run.

In a fewer words, the modder doesn't care for support of the entire customer base as much as the developers (should).

geary

Yes, I think the problem in your logic is that you miss that the mod is not really optimized to run on the wide range of PC configurations that the vanilla game is supposed to run.

In a fewer words, the modder doesn't care for support of the entire customer base as much as the developers (should).
This….Its the main reason why vanilla games is missing some graphics settings or some features. There is a cost-time-benefit in all these decisions. There are exceptions where sone features act more like MK gimmicks (eg. CP77 Overdrive option)

Last edited:

Shtef

modders, for free: here's a mod that fixep0pp bunch of bugs & performance, improve visuals, and adds new content

devs
I can only speak for myself. I have worked on many projects that were released with known bugs and issues. Management was aware of these problems, but they had to release the projects nonetheless. While we could have fixed these bugs, we were often assigned to work on other tasks, and as a result, the bugs were never addressed.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Not a big mod user (outside of mmo's) typically but this looks like it would be fun to play around with over the weekend.

I recognize nexus mods from back in my wow days...still a safe source based on Gaf usage?
Nexus is huge, and safe as any site can be. The site automatically scans uploads for viruses, and you can check the comment section of any mod for feedback before downloading (recommended)

Sybrix

Love this.

This is why games like this on PC are the best place to play, the modding community for open world games is huge and so talented, this is the reason why Skyrim is still being played over 10 years later.

With mods you can really upgrade a game to the point where it looks like a remake.

Starfield on PC will be absolutely insane.

Last edited:

Porticus

To be honest doesn't look much better than the vanilla one, simply cranked up the contrast 1000% and called it a day.

These mods are quite useless, and theres people in this thread saying that using this mod will make the game playable on even lower end pc :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

God bless people doing good work like this.

I wish she receives the acknowledgement she deserves, and I wish the developers and publishers learn from her good work.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
To be honest doesn't look much better than the vanilla one, simply cranked up the contrast 1000% and called it a day.

These mods are quite useless, and theres people in this thread saying that using this mod will make the game playable on even lower end pc :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
Just the RT water is night and day. And you may have difficulty to read as in the mod page she explain how she was able to offer better performance on lower hardware.

Senua

yup that's all they did, you're a genius!

Top Bottom