• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Ultra+ Mod adds GI, RT Water, fixes stutters and more

Raven77

Been playing this on series x.

Honestly the graphical issues make it really difficult for me to enjoy the game. I feel like every time I move from indoor to outdoor, or even just from a shadowed area to a non-shadowed area, there's some sort of huge light bloom transition effect that drives me nuts.

Also the way the shadows disappear around your character is so distracting.

hlm666

To be honest doesn't look much better than the vanilla one, simply cranked up the contrast 1000% and called it a day.
There seems to be more going on here than just that. I believe they are actually turning on things and increasing the value of certain graphic effects through the games configuration files. Here is an older version with some side by side comparisons and the lighting and shadows is noticeably different.

Hopefully it fixes the washed out colors this game has. Like, I get that it's England but wtf you can still have vibrant color on cloudy days. Everything seems to have a haze over it.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Hopefully it fixes the washed out colors this game has. Like, I get that it's England but wtf you can still have vibrant color on cloudy days. Everything seems to have a haze over it.

Yea agreed. I thought the HDR was busted at first but it just has this weird washed out look no matter what you do.

Yea agreed. I thought the HDR was busted at first but it just has this weird washed out look no matter what you do.
It's a shame too. Because walking around and looking at the castle and landscape is arguably the best part of the game and all of it is very immersive feeling and quite graphically impressive.

It just drives me nuts because with each in game season I would think, maybe in the fall or winter the color will look better. But no, there is almost a grey film applied over everything. And I don't think it's the fog that's doing it.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
On PC I just enable Nvidia Freestyle (ALT + F3), add the Contrast filter, tweak it a bit to lower the dark areas and make contrast higher, and Color filter to add more color saturation.
Settings are saved on a per-game basis so it's quite quick and easy to setup if you don't want to use reshade. It's even compatible with HDR.

Sadly it gets reseted on drivers updates.

Last edited:
Top Bottom