• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holiday Gaming Traditions

As the end of the year approaches, I have a tradition of playing certain video games to celebrate the holiday season. To me, this feels similar to watching movies like Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings - a seasonal activity that just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside while you wrap yourself in a soft blanket and sip some hot cocoa.

Here are some of my holiday gaming traditions:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GCN) - For Christmas 2006, I received TP for the Nintendo Gamecube (imho - the best version). My brother and I were blown away by the graphical fidelity at the time and visceral finisher moves that accompanied the Teen rating from ESRB. I was a bit too young to fully appreciate OoT when it released so TP felt like my first foray into traditional 3D Zelda.
zelda-twilight-princess-110-a01a7.jpg

Sonic Adventure (DC) -
This one sits particularly close to my heart. For Christmas 2000, my parents bought the Dreamcast as our family's very first console and SA was the first game we played. The sense of speed and the wonder of seeing Sonic in full 3D are engraved in childhood memories.
1471379569-600209650.jpg

Elden Ring (PC) - I'm attempting to start a new tradition with this one. Although it didn't release during the holiday season, it came out the day before my birthday (February 26) and felt like a gift from the gaming gods. I'm starting my third playthrough with my brother this Christmas and it already feels like I'll be greeting an old friend when returning to The Lands Between. This game genuinely feels like the OoT of this generation and will undoubtedly become a part of my holiday gaming catalogue.
R60zH1.png

So what about you NeoGAF? What are your favorite games to play during the holidays?

Top Bottom