• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West: Complete Edition launches on PS5 October 6, and comes to PC early 2024

Neofire

who is 'pretending' that Sony's first party games come out day and date?

the strategy of releasing their exclusives a few years down the line on pc is obviously working for them; don't see why its a bad thing.
From a pc player perspective yeah it isn't a bad thing but chopping out the player base and holding back features(coughGOWcough) from their own platform base is a bit alienating. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Del_X

Maybe I'll buy it on a steep sale. Probably won't, since I'd rather they bring these to PC on a shorter timeframe.

I have a feeling they will have a big "Sony Studios Hits" collection once Demon's Souls and Ghost of Tsushima come out. Perfect wait-for-winter sale package.

nial

Gold Member
ps5 boys are just beta testers for pc games now. thanks. now i get all your DLC too. either way, am just gonna buy it to see what the fuss about the graphics is all about. playstation fans thinking their games are the second coming of christ when in fact, horizon saga is just boring af.
Like clockwork.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Sybrix

Meh, is it any good?

I had the first one on PS4 and thought it was quite good, nothing mind blowing, i didn’t even complete it tbh.

Good looking open world games always peak my interest though, is it worth a play?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
L for Sony
W for pc gamers.

pc is their platform enemy. Yes, they will earn some money on sales but will continue to loose as PS brand and therefore console sales .. and new games financing because of that.

As for the game - it's worse than the first one but you play this one for the graphics. It's amazing looking.
The game itself has not fixed anything from original. It's more of everything. Bad and good.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
L for Sony
W for pc gamers.

pc is their platform enemy. Yes, they will earn some money on sales but will continue to loose as PS brand and therefore console sales .. and new games financing because of that.

As for the game - it's worse than the first one but you play this one for the graphics. It's amazing looking.
The game itself has not fixed anything from original. It's more of everything. Bad and good.
How can you post something like this after this was posted?

Sybrix

I do get the saltiness from PlayStation fans.

You buy a console for the games on it, your investing in a machine where you can only play these games, part of your decision making is based on the fact that you can only play these games on this machine because it’s the only machine capable of playing the game.

When an ‘exclusive’ appears on another platform, it diminishes the value and your investment in the 1st choice console.

Having said that, as a PC gamer, it’s a win for fans of games generally

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
How can you post something like this after this was posted?
I think it is a fully reasonable populist response.
If you don't think this pc push will hurt their console sales and PS brand, I don't know who the retard is here. It is obvious, basic fact.

Also means that I will have to get that fucking 4080 after all :p

Gaiff

I think it is a fully reasonable populist response.
If you don't think this pc push will hurt their console sales and PS brand, I don't know who the retard is here. It is obvious, basic fact.

Also means that I will have to get that fucking 4080 after all :p
It won't. They're releasing their games 2 years later on PC. No one who cannot wait to play these games will wait 2 years to play them. The number of PC gamers they will reach hilariously outweighs the number of PS customers they will lose due to their ports supposedly hurting their brand. This is by far the best move to maximize their profits.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It won't. They're releasing their games 2 years later on PC. No one who cannot wait to play these games will wait 2 years to play them. The number of PC gamers they will reach hilariously outweighs the number of PS customers they will lose due to their ports supposedly hurting their brand. This is by far the best move to maximize their profits.
for now. With this game.
but every next release after every other pc release will be met with respond "I will wait for pc discount bin on this one"

Gaiff

for now. With this game.
but every next release after every other pc release will be met with respond "I will wait for pc discount bin on this one"
You're overestimating the patience of gamers. Nobody who really wants games will wait 2 years for them. Those who are wiling to wait would have probably not invested $500 in a console anyway.

Customers like you will just go ahead and buy a Playstation.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
You're overestimating the patience of gamers. Nobody who really wants games will wait 2 years for them. Those who are wiling to wait would have probably not invested $500 in a console anyway.

Customers like you will just go ahead and buy a Playstation.
feb 2022.... 2 years.
Yeah makes sense. sounded shorter than that

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

You buy a console for the games on it, your investing in a machine where you can only play these games, part of your decision making is based on the fact that you can only play these games on this machine because it’s the only machine capable of playing the game.

When an ‘exclusive’ appears on another platform, it diminishes the value and your investment in the 1st choice console.

I do get the saltiness from toddlers.

Your mommy buys you a special paw patrol toy, then you go to the playground and another kid has the same toy. Part of the reason I asked for that toy is because none of the other kids have it. When Jimmy down the street gets my ‘exclusive’ toy, it diminishes the value of my toy and mommy’s investment.

Kuwitzzer

I do get the saltiness from toddlers.

Your mommy buys you a special paw patrol toy, then you go to the playground and another kid has the same toy. Part of the reason I asked for that toy is because none of the other kids have it. When Jimmy down the street gets my ‘exclusive’ toy, it diminishes the value of my toy and mommy’s investment.
Oh no, Playstation console sales may be damned because of this, but the fans can not be worried about this or else they will be called toddlers.

Fbh

Cool, this will look insane maxed on PC if they don't fuck up the port.

If to some people exclusive games coming to PC (specially 1+ years later) diminishes the value of the system to the point they feel like it's no longer worth getting, then those people should just sell their consoles and get a PC..... but most of them wont, because they don't actually want to (or can't) spend more than $499 on the hardware, and they like the somewhat more streamlined plug and play nature of consoles and they like playing their beloved exclusives day 1.
I think that's what Sony realized: Most consoles gamers just don't want a PC, most PC gamers just don't want a console, exclusives are important to stay ahead of other consoles, but not as much regarding PC because the audiences don't overlap as much as one might think. Some people here argue this is "hurting playstation"...and yet ps5 is doing great in sales, it's destroying Xbox and outpacing the Ps4

Also regular customers care about the entire library of the system, not just the exclusives, because most people don't get 3 home consoles + a PC. When people say this was a bad year for Ps5 because there weren't a lot of exclusive that only applies to a tiny super hardcore part of the audience, for the average customer this year was amazing with Re4 Remake, Hogwarts Legacy, Jedi Survivor, Diablo 4, Baldurs Gate 3, Final Fantasy, etc.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

lmao why cause i dont like horizon games? they are boring...theres nothing unique about them, at all. NOTHING. pretty graphics on the second one and well see when pc releases how pretty they really are. come on man, no need to be 14 to dislike a game, i dont consider sony games the secon coming of christ like a lot of ppl here do.

am actually 38, i work in real estate, i own all three consoles plus a massive gaming PC...i buy every single triple A game on day one, i support denuvo, i dont pirate, i spent 5k on star citizen, i have over 5k dota 2 items and over 10k hours in the game, ive been with steam for 20 years, i have a quest 2 an dplay alyx wirelessly, and i could go on.

i do not like the horizon series. sue me.
But you didn't simply say "I don't like Horizon", instead you tried to berate PS5 owners. It's pretty childish really. I meean I could say something like "PC gamers get my sloppy seconds years later and their purchases fund the development of future exclusives that I'll get to enjoy first on PS5" I wouldn't do that though, because that's clearly beneath me.

Anyway if you dislike Horizon so much why are you spending time in a thread about Horizon, saying you'll purchase it no less?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The truth is Sony would be better off in the long run if they didn't port their (SP) stuff to PC at all. They don't realise it yet, but I think they will.

Edit: You laugh, but on what planet are Sony actually expanding the audience with these ports and as opposed to just setting up the expectation that you can avoid buying a PlayStation if you prefer PC and wait?
Probably because their internal research shows porting games to PC doesn't negatively affect their PS5 user base. I dont think the typical PC with a good PC rig to play these SP ports is suddenly going to go console with that inane trojan horse theory where if they put a few PC ports on steam, it'll tease PC gamers to ditch their RTX PC and go PS for future games and sequels.

You can tell that crazy theory is unfounded since they are already releasing sequel HFW on PC. And at some point GOW Ragnarok will too.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Another one for the Nvidia Leak, 3 to go to fulfill the prophecy.

PR8B8La.png
Crazy how accurate it is. And these leaks were long time ago.

So it not only shows Sony is developing the PC port way back (not like some 6 month rush job), but Nvidia knows the whole time.

So for any rumourmongerers wanting a scoop, they should go pester employees at Nvidia for secret info as they seem to know whats coming 1-2 years in advance.

Last edited:

drganon

ps5 boys are just beta testers for pc games now. thanks. now i get all your DLC too. either way, am just gonna buy it to see what the fuss about the graphics is all about. playstation fans thinking their games are the second coming of christ when in fact, horizon saga is just boring af.
dumb-goat.gif

Zathalus

It been 3 years since the first Horizon came out on PC, you would think those moaning about PC releases would be over it already.

Fact is, the evidence so far lines up that this makes money for Sony and doesn't hurt the PlayStation brand at all.

1. PlayStation is currently the most popular the console has ever been.
2. These PC releases don't exactly set the world on fire when it comes to sales numbers, by far the most sales are on PS, most not wanting to wait the 2+ years to play them.
3. That being said, the sales are fine over the long term and easily pay for themselves and generate a nice extra bit of cash that Sony can inject back into its business.

Now if only they can put more effort into the actual ports themselves...

I'm so happy about this news! Tried the prologue on my base ps4 and the framerate made me puke. And since I'm not gonna get a ps5 anytime soon (maybe in 2
2033 who knows) the wait has been worth. Oh and that sweet dlc!

shamoomoo

feb 2022.... 2 years.
Yeah makes sense. sounded shorter than that
Wasn't Horizon delayed?
Crazy how accurate it is. And these leaks were long time ago.

So it not only shows Sony is developing the PC port way back (not like some 6 month rush job), but Nvidia knows the whole time.

So for any rumourmongerers wanting a scoop, they should go pester employees at Nvidia for secret info as they seem to know whats coming 1-2 years in advance.
Well,games take time to develop and most of these games are ports and not develop with PC in mind outside of games meant to on PS5 and PC.

Last edited:
Would buy again for mods. Make a boomerang only run and have the damage output of nukes. Possibly my favourite new weapon of this gen. Just so satisfying pulling of the 3 catches to rev the weapon up before the big explosive finish.
Story was mehh though.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I cant believe theyve waited so long for demons souls. Its crazy. Itr would sell a shit load. I'd even put money to say it would probably be Sonys biggest selling game on PC

I cant believe theyve waited so long for demons souls. Its crazy. Itr would sell a shit load. I'd even put money to say it would probably be Sonys biggest selling game on PC
What they need to do is put a Bloodborne Remaster on PS5 and PC. There is a rumor floating that there is such a thing for 2025 which marks the game's 10th anniversary. (Fuck me we are old)

Last edited:

Filben

Great, more players can now enjoy it.

I'm happy with the PS4 version and won't buy again (unless, maybe, if it has RT, which I doubt).

Top Bottom