• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Forbidden West releases on Steam with lower player count than Horizon: Zero Dawn

OverHeat

« generous god »
Dude i can manage 100 fps with dlaa and framegen in 4k, you should at least get 120 locked, probably even more if you use dlss quality, dlaa and dlss quality are extremely similar in this game, i switched back and forth and at least on an oled tv the difference is very low.

1440p with your build is just wrong.
It’s more of a in between 4K and 2K

DeaDPo0L84

The pc fanboys are getting worse than xbox fan boys....now it's gone from list wars, to feature wars of games that were ported 2 years later.

" Our PCs runs the game better than the ps5"

April Fools Day Car GIF

No shit, you paid more than double the price of a ps5 for you pc, so I dont see what that proves, but using revisionist history to say the game didnt look, or play great on the ps5 is just cringe. It's still a great experience on the ps5.

This is like someone buying a Lamborghini Aventador laughing at a guy in a BMW at a stop light. The speed of the Lamborghini does not negate the quality driving experience the driver in the BMW gets. Only difference is one driver paid more for his vehicle, but both cars are driving the down the same roads.
I played HFW on PS5 in 60fps performance mode, had a great time but still knew when it eventually came out on PC I'd enjoy my experience much more. No matter the differences, big or small, I enjoy not having to sacrifice anything to hit a certain performance goal. That on top of playing in ultrawide and mod support pushes it even further. Literally nobody bought a high end PC for HFW, it's simply a benefit among many many more that comes with the platform.

Last edited:

Kacho

HFW doing half of HZD just shows that the demand has died down considerably.
HFW's muted debut has everything to do with Dragon's Dogma 2. The audience interested in either game is more or less the same. Except one was a 2 year old port and the other was brand spanking new with maximum FOMO. I said it earlier in this thread, HFW is going to do well in the long term. That IP resonates with the PC audience.

The downward trend is interesting, but doesn't say much. HFW still had a strong debut when you consider the factors I mentioned above. Ghost of Kojima will just as well if not better in May.

One thing is clear though, PC gamers don't give a FUCK about Naughty Dog, Ratchet and Clank or Sackboy.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Someone posted the concurrent users and everything has been on a downward trend since GOW. GOW sold a million. HZD sold two million. but since then, the games seems to sell fewer and fewer copies with every release.

Only Spiderman, GOW and the og Horizon have done more than 50k which isnt even that great.

playstation-steamdb.jpg
Half? It's 40K vs 56K. That's 71% and HFW came out a day before Dragon's Dogma II. It also launched at $60 vs $50 for HZD. The revenue figures should be quite similar.

GOT is coming out in May. I suspect it'll do 50K+.

Last edited:

yamaci17

aloy's face on PS5 doesnt look better, and it is not a bug, ps5 has oversharpening by default on PS5 and on PC it is tweakable or not of the same intensity

if you like the oversharpened look, there's thousands of tools to do that on PC with reshade, much higher quality filters than whatever hfw developers used

Personally I never got far into the first one I was just bored to tears playing it. All in all about the only Playstation game I have enjoyed so far is "days gone"

Buggy Loop

Someone posted the concurrent users and everything has been on a downward trend since GOW. GOW sold a million. HZD sold two million. but since then, the games seems to sell fewer and fewer copies with every release.

Only Spiderman, GOW and the og Horizon have done more than 50k which isnt even that great.

playstation-steamdb.jpg

I played zero dawn on PC
I now never want to play another Horizon game

I played Spider-Man on PC
I now never want to play another Spider-Man game

I was given Uncharted 4 for free from some AMD promotion, not even interested to install. What’s the point? Where is 1-2-3?
I enjoyed Returnal and now Last of Us. Still got Ratchet on wishlist

But it’s plain to see what PC crowd wants
Demon souls, Bloodborne. I would like the whole Ico, Shadow of the colossus and the last guardian to come to PC but that’s a pipe dream now. Gravity rush maybe? I’m more interested in their Japanese output than anything else. Don’t know if I represent PC crowd but statistically it seems I’m not too far off from what we see sales wise. Games are well reviewed though while I would not be as generous.

Fredrik

The pc fanboys are getting worse than xbox fan boys....now it's gone from list wars, to feature wars of games that were ported 2 years later.

" Our PCs runs the game better than the ps5"

April Fools Day Car GIF

No shit, you paid more than double the price of a ps5 for you pc, so I dont see what that proves, but using revisionist history to say the game didnt look, or play great on the ps5 is just cringe. It's still a great experience on the ps5.

This is like someone buying a Lamborghini Aventador laughing at a guy in a BMW at a stop light. The speed of the Lamborghini does not negate the quality driving experience the driver in the BMW gets. Only difference is one driver paid more for his vehicle, but both cars are driving the down the same roads.
???

I see no laughing or mocking of PS versions, I just see PC gamers being happy that a great game gets a great port and talking about it’s success.

Then I see PS fanboys coming in for no reason trying to state that it’s somehow a failure and no better than the original.

The trolling is not done by PC players. Read through the thread. It’s all done by PS fans who clearly aren’t handling the port strategy all that well. Be better, go play some games, play the exclusives that aren’t ported yet or something.

Btw I was here defending the visuals on PS5 when people complained about the performance mode. I always thought it looked fantastic. But it looks even better now. It’s an insanely good looking game now if you can max it out.

Still waiting on some Aloy mods to take it up another notch. Zero Dawn had lots of great mods, right now there is mostly reshade mods for Forbidden West.

daninthemix

The trolling is not done by PC players. Read through the thread. It’s all done by PS fans who clearly aren’t handling the port strategy all that well. Be better, go play some games, play the exclusives that aren’t ported yet or something.
This is exactly right, and it's why I will never give Sony fanboys a moment's peace. They will be trolled mercilessly, until they learn how to behave like civilized people.

We're engaged in an eternal struggle of good vs evil.

Fredrik

This is exactly right, and it's why I will never give Sony fanboys a moment's peace. They will be trolled mercilessly, until they learn how to behave like civilized people.

We're engaged in an eternal struggle of good vs evil.
Trolling back is pointless. I just fill up the ignore list. Makes the board more silent but I’m nearly 50 I don’t have the time or energy to have those back and forth discussions.

And right now I’m just selfishly glad that Sony do these ports. Invested in a new PC for the living room for both Xbox and Playstation games just weeks ago, couldn’t be more satisfied tbh, it has given the whole hobby a boost for me. And I’ll buy every single one of the ports when they’re good. And this one is top notch. Nixxes are porting Gods, Sony did a master move to acquire them.

Zathalus

playstation-steamdb.jpg
These games are 2+ year old ports, so concurrent users are really not a great metric to see how well they will sell. Those that really, really, couldn't wait to play the games already played them on PS5. I know I did. God of War being the highest concurrent makes perfect sense, when you consider it is God of War. As for numbers sold, Zero Dawn is over 4 million, God of War over 3, with Days Gone and Spider-Man being over 2 million each. Uncharted and Ratchet were failures, but they didn't get the previous games in the series so that was obvious.

When you consider the costs of these ports, a game on Steam only has to sell around 50k copies to break even. So even the failure Sackboy probably made profit.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Zero Dawn is still the preferable Horizon experience for me. Tighter, more focused, Aloy isn’t a cunt and you get tearblast
arrows.

This is also just an excuse to post some screens from it on PS5. 2017 seems like a completely different timeline at this point.

79bZ1pT.jpg
dPgFX8c.jpg
yagz9tj.jpg

GymWolf

Zero Dawn is still the preferable Horizon experience for me. Tighter, more focused, Aloy isn’t a cunt and you get tearblast
arrows.

This is also just an excuse to post some screens from it on PS5. 2017 seems like a completely different timeline at this point.

79bZ1pT.jpg
dPgFX8c.jpg
yagz9tj.jpg
You have tearblast arrows in fw aswell.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
You have tearblast arrows in fw aswell.

I dont think you do. Certainly nothing that I remember that blows off parts with that awesome whammmp sound. If they’re there then post me a vid.

Edit: Wow, they really are there. Out of all the fucking weapons I picked up in my 1 1/2 playthroughs I never found a bow with that option. Exactly one of the main issues I had with FW. It’s just too fucking much of everything.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
S
arrows.

79bZ1pT.jpg
dPgFX8c.jpg
yagz9tj.jpg
Stop doing a disservice for the game IQ with your screens.

GymWolf

I dont think you do. Certainly nothing that I remember that blows off parts with that awesome whammmp sound. If they’re there then post me a vid.

Edit: Wow, they really are there. Out of all the fucking weapons I picked up in my 1 1/2 playthroughs I never found a bow with that option. Exactly one of the main issues I had with FW. It’s just too fucking much of everything.
200w.gif

Top Bottom