• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Forbidden West State of Play announced for May 27th

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Low rez livestream.

Then they release 4K videos, source screengrabs, etc., after and it's usually a night and day difference.

We've been through this on here over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

Don't people get bored of this shit?

To be honest, I fell for it too. Two times in a row. At least I've learned my lesson by now. But it'll be the samething during E3 too. *sigh*

You've been on this board long enough, breh. All the info is in the OP and beyond. 🤷‍♀️

I am just being blunt since we go through this every damned livestream. Usually by the same people putting square pegs into round holes.
Again for the third time since you obviously didn't understand the first 2 times, or bothered to even follow along with the conversation. I'm looking at screenshots, not the OP, not the video, etc.

I'll break it down. Don't reply back to me, unless you extensively look through my history, and can pinpoint to just ONE single time where I've ever been one of those people you are implying. If you can't, please hop off. Thanks.

CamHostage

PS4 stays a BEAST

Heh, that is the thing that's going to be lost in all this. Spider-Man MM on PS4 was a really significant improvement over the first game, with great density of assets and all the amazing snow effects on the city (they even did the instant-transition from interior to exterior that wowwed on PS5,) but the only thing that anybody talked about was whether the PS5 version was or was not worthy of being considered "next-gen enough".

Horizon 2 here is showing plenty of things we've never ever seen before in just these vista shots on next-gen or anywhere in-game, and whatever is left of this in the PS4 output will be astounding, but that version will never get any credit.

( DeepEnigma DeepEnigma , DonJuanSchlong DonJuanSchlong , no fighting please.)

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Again for the third time since you obviously didn't understand the first 2 times, or bothered to even follow along with the conversation. I'm looking at screenshots, not the OP, not the video, etc.

I'll break it down. Don't reply back to me, unless you extensively look through my history, and can pinpoint to just ONE single time where I've ever been one of those people you are implying. If you can't, please hop off. Thanks.
Loading Hug GIF by MOODMAN

jonnyp

I mean it’s Guerrilla Games we’re talking about. Killzone: Shadowfall still looks very impressive as a launch PS4 title.

Probably best to reserve judgment until the actual gameplay reveal.

Shadowfall wasn't crossgen though. But if this runs 4K60 on PS5 then it will be a looker for sure.

EDIT: My comment was made only from watching the countdown scapes DonJuanSchlong DonJuanSchlong . After seeing it in 4K, yeah, I don't think it will be 4K60 - looks absolutely amazing though.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Has anyone else seen the thing in the water?
Yep, Horzion's Nessie, and it looks a little like something else too...

Last edited:

ABnormal

I had hoped next-gen would put an end to the low quality copy pasta speedtree foliage, but I suppose it is technically still a PS4 game. Maybe UE5.
UE5 is not even able to do foliage. They need to use UE4 in conjunction with it.

And in this game the qualiti of vegetation will probably have one of the higher quality/quantity ratio ever.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
The whole cross gen, its a PS4 game thing.

Yeah, it is cross gen.

Some of yall sure you wanna call what we are looking at a PS4 game when comparing it to other games, game reveals....

:pie_thinking:

We know there is a PS5 version, this is it. But hey, we can call it a PS4 version if you want......

I'll let you decide.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
PS4 vs PS5 comparison is one thing. Comparing this to Far Cry 6 whch was leaked today and Dying Light 2 which was finally re-revealed today is another. Both games look very last gen. Far Cry 6 looks better and has some physics and destruction. I wonder if thats limited to next gen versions.

Both look far worse than the stuff shown in Horizon so far.

Dr Bass

When you are banned multiple times for trolling PS threads you can see his objectivity is clouded, could care less if he has done the work

And who knew he had a fan club? Learn something new every day
Who said I'm part of a fan club? I just respect the guys work and his takes. Doesn't mean we like the same things, I don't even know what those things would be. I'm not really into PC stuff cuz I use Macs for my engineering work and like to push a button to start up games I'm interested in, and I can see he is a big PC guy. That's ok.

I just see a lot of mocking out of nowhere and it get's silly. But I should expect that I guess, I got rebuked yesterday for saying I thought people's personal low moments shouldn't be broadcast to the entire world for judgment on the internet and had plenty of people here thinking that was a ridiculous idea.

Btw, who is actually "objective" here. We all have our favorites, our likes and our dislikes. We can TRY to be open-minded (which I do!), but this idea that you are objective while everyone else is not, is silly. None of us approach this without our preferences affecting our take. That's why it's ok to listen to, or even like, people you vehemently disagree with. What a concept.

Last edited:

Yoboman

Who said I'm part of a fan club? I just respect the guys work and his takes. Doesn't mean we like the same things, I don't even know what those things would be. I'm not really into PC stuff cuz I use Macs for my engineering work and like to push a button to start up games I'm interested in, and I can see he is a big PC guy. That's ok.

I just see a lot of mocking out of nowhere and it get's silly. But I should expect that I guess, I got rebuked yesterday for saying I thought people's personal low moments shouldn't be broadcast to the entire world for judgment on the internet and had plenty of people here thinking that was a ridiculous idea.
V5c001c.gif

Top Bottom