• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horror fan community.

poodaddy

Some my recommendations:
Hereditary (2018) - for the fans of "classic" satanic themes.
Empty Man (2020) - after the prologoue (which could shorto horror film on its own), it starts looking like cliched "psycho ghost is killing stupid teens" movie, but it develops into something much more eldritch.
Absentia (2011) - nearly zero gore, except one of the last scenes which can be shocking (especially for women).
Colour out of space (2019) - my favourite movie amongs horrors which are not just Lovecraft-inspired, but direct adaptations of his work (well, there are some changes, but still it is cool).
I've been thinking about checking out Color Out of Space for a couple years now, so it's good to see that it's that good. Gonna have to see if it's on sale on some platform.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Some my recommendations:
Hereditary (2018) - for the fans of "classic" satanic themes.
Empty Man (2020) - after the prologoue (which could shorto horror film on its own), it starts looking like cliched "psycho ghost is killing stupid teens" movie, but it develops into something much more eldritch.
Absentia (2011) - nearly zero gore, except one of the last scenes which can be shocking (especially for women).
Colour out of space (2019) - my favourite movie amongs horrors which are not just Lovecraft-inspired, but direct adaptations of his work (well, there are some changes, but still it is cool).

The Empty Man came so close to greatness during its second and third acts, but never quite committed to any of the concepts it flirted with (such as the cosmic horror). Agreed that it's still a great horror watch though.

6FRvub4.jpg

When Evil Lurks: A+

This movie has it's flaws but this was still a tense ride. Such an interesting concept. Not to mention I felt like there was a viciousness during the whole movie that made it hard to watch. When certain scenes sneak up on you they leave an impact. That's all I'm saying on it. I went in watching it blind not even watching a trailer before. This was a pleasant surprise since I'm usually really picky when it comes to Horror

Last edited:

drotahorror

6FRvub4.jpg

This movie has it's flaws but this was still a tense ride. Such an interesting concept. Not to mention I felt like there was a viciousness during the whole movie that made it hard to watch. When certain scenes sneak up on you they leave an impact. That's all I'm saying on it. I went in watching it blind not even watching a trailer before. This was a pleasant surprise since I'm usually really picky when it comes to Horror
Demian Rugna's other movie, "Terrified" is pretty good too. I knew When Evil Lurks was going to be one to watch for. I liked it as well.

Doczu

Anyone watched the Guilermo del Toro horror stories on Netflix? If not i easily recommend episodes 1-3 and episode 5. A must for Lovecraft/cosmic horror fans.

And my god "Autopsy" (episode 3) is the besto of them all. Fucking teryfying

Jooxed

Gold Member
6FRvub4.jpg

TikTok made watch this. Haven't had a horror movie make me say what the fuck out loud in a while.

Top Bottom