• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do I get rid of these DAMN controllers??!

RPS37

I’ve gone through about 3 or 4 elite series 2 controllers and eventually I decided I had had enough and just bought some regular series x controllers.
The broken elite series 2 controllers have just been sitting in my room in their cases collecting dust. I want to get a little bit of cash for them now.
I went to lame stop to check how much they would give me, 14 bucks store credit.
That’s a no go.

How do I get at least 50 for them?
I’m at a loss.

Kings Field

How do people go through so many controllers? I have my original launch series 1 elite that still works with no issues and my series 2 launch one that is still in excellent condition.

I understand the stick drift problem but 4 of them?

If they are broken your best bet is to do a lot on eBay for parts. I’m sure someone will snag them.

TexMex

The price is right. PM’ed

So sincere and innocent I almost feel bad so I’m sorry.

No one wants the broken controllers and it’s honestly amazing cheap ass GameStop was down to give you $15 for them. Should have taken the deal.

ZoukGalaxy

If you just want to "get rid", you can do this, it's pretty efficient.

trash GIF

Sorry.

Last edited:

Comandr

Best Buy’s warranty is really good for stuff like this. The warranty is a replacement plan so some time down the line if you have problems they just essentially give you a refund for the full original price and you can buy whatever you want with it.

Shakka43

One has stick drift, I believe. The other has an unresponsive face button (it sometimes doesn’t register)
-The one with the unresponsive face button: try it wired and see if it's still unresponsive. Mine have that problem when using Bluetooth mode, my fix was to buy the Xbox wireless adapter and it has worked perfectly ever since.

-The one with the stick drift: use the Series Elite app to adjust the problematic stick's deadzone.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Sony delivers controllers I still have my dual shock 3’s, Xbox controllers have always been funky and look like they’re built for giants.

-Buy identical new controller at best buy
-Put broken controller in the new box
-Return as defective the next day
-Get money back and keep the new controller
-Profit

I saw this hack on TikTok the other day.

One dude even suggested for getting new tires for your car is to rent another vehicle with same tire size and swap the tires 💀💀💀

kiphalfton

You CAN trade broken controllers or consoles to Gamestop for cash or Gamestop credit generally speaking, and they'll charge a refurb fee since it's broken.

For some items, they surprisingly won't deduct much, but if they accept those controllers for trade in I bet you can get at least $30-50 for them.

Nobody wants broken, dusty ass controllers. Not even GameStop.

Wrong.

Call your local store up, and ask if they take broken controllers and they will tell you yes (but that they charge you a refurb fee).

Whether they take the Elite controllers, that's a different matter as I don't see them listed for trade in on their website, but they take dualshock 4, dualsense, switch joy cons, and xbox series controllers even if broken.

Last edited:

Pimpbaa

Can’t believe the current elite controllers have the exact same problems (stick drift and unresponsive buttons) as the standard Series controllers. At least with unresponsive buttons it when you first use it so you have plenty of time to return it (and hope you don’t get another controller with the same problem), but stick drift those potentiometers can go bad at any time. Sometimes canned air can dislodge the dust (never worked for me). Pro tip, keep you controllers covered with a cloth or towel to keep dust from settling on them over night. I‘d give my left nut for PS6, Next Xbox, Switch 2 Pro Controller to have Hall effect sensors for their analog sticks. They’d probably save money due to less returns on fucked up controllers.

Beechos

I must be damn lucky haven't had major issues with any of my sony or ms controllers prob have had over 20 since last gen into this gen. Only issue I've had is with the elite 1 the rubberish material on it is getting sticky and on ps4 controller the thumb stick rubber breaking off.

Ribi

Using regular XSX stock controllers till the new one comes out in May.
The Kong 3 seems like it might be THE controller. He's hoping the new mechanical buttons aren't squeaky like the 2.

I was close to getting an 8but but I'll wait for the kk3

Oh wait the kk3 max comes out in a few days?

Ah apparently you can buy it on AliExpress already

Last edited:

Tsaki

I'd keep them if I were you. These are expensive controllers and you can scrap one of them to fix the other 3 or something.

Top Bottom