• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you get information on the state of the "casual" market?

How do you get information on the state of the casual market?

• Directly/by fully engaging with it myself

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Family

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Friends

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Industry reports

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Marketing/ads?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
tldr; If at all, how are you in touch with the "casual" gaming market?

Casual has different definitions weird definitions that all sort of meld together. So go with whatever your definition is, I guess.

Members of forums like this tend to forget that the opinions expressed here are far from the general industry consensus.
In my opinion (and I think most of us will agree) the market is and will always be bigger than whatever is discussed here. I think that when the gaming industry posts record earnings year on year on year, they're mostly driven by that other market. That "casual" games have the significantly larger share of the market mindshare.
And regardless of whether we want to engage with them or not, keeping an eye on what goes on there would probably help discussions here somehow.
Maybe.

SJRB

Gold Member
cd3.jpg

I don't talk to casuals because my videogame knowledge transcends theirs by a massive margin.

Kuranghi

My recent experience:

My 8 year old cousin has an XSS with GP Ultimate and all he plays on it is Roblox :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom