• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How old were you when you completed Star Road in Super Mario World?

Bandicoot

I was up playing till about 6am that morning with a buddy. We finnaly finished it and went back to check out what 1-1 was like and I just remember all the enemies having these masks on! We were so tired though, at that point I just passed out.

Gattsu25

Banned
D) Do people actually remember this shit?

when i beat it ... it was like any other post-mario3 area :\ nothing special

You mean the Special World. Star Road was just a connection of warp Zones, whereas the Special World changed the enemies and map.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
A few years ago on the GBA. I never did it on the SNES and finally got my chance with the GBA port.

Fantastic game, BTW. I still have trouble deciding between SMW or Mario 3 for my favorite side-scrolling Mario title.

EDIT: Error Macro is correct.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I think it was several years ago, maybe late 90's. I was probably 15 or so. The one that hung me up for so long was the floaty level.

After that, I took care of business.

Yes, but completing the Special world is what changed the world. Completing Star Road made a loope back to the first Star Road and Finding the Secret in the Fianl Star Road opened up the Special World.

I pored over the Mario Madness book, which was mostly a strategy gide for Super Mario World, that came with my Nintendo Power Supscription for a bout two years before I Got a Super Nes of my own.

We got the SNES right at launch, beat Mario World in three days, then spent another couple weeks finishing up all the exits and such. So, I was eleven.

Ranger X

I didn't finished Super Mario World before i had my own SNES in late 92 if i remember right. I bought the Super Mario World pack and also Top Gear! That was great times. I was 13 years old i guess

I can't remember :( too young. Still it was the first game i ever owned. Thank you parents for making me the gaming nerd i am today!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Error Macro said:
That's not possible. It's the best game ever. Right behind Super Mario 64, which is actually the best game ever.

I agree, Super Mario World is what got me into gaming.

Suerte

I think the real question is, how old were you when you completed Sonic 3 + Sonic and Knuckles? That seemed to take forever when I was younger...

Top Bottom