• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How would you improve elden ring?

Gideon

- fix the miserable camera
- Multiple dlc's
- quest log or a bestiary.
- improved story telling but not like the traditional story where characters won't shut up and you have to sit through cutscenes, fuck that.
- Remove elden beast, make radagon have a second phase where he dual wields or something.

Last edited:
Not just eldin ring but souls likes in general should decouple from lock on combat.
They would need to change the control scheme for controller players entirely and thus it would end up feeling more like one of those melee shooter games, which many here are iffy about.

Claw grip is bad enough as it is.

Sgt.Asher

They would need to change the control scheme for controller players entirely and thus it would end up feeling more like one of those melee shooter games, which many here are iffy about.

Claw grip is bad enough as it is.
Monster hunter doesn't use lock on and works great, doesn't need the claw either. Changes would be needed but i think it would be for the better.

Antwix

I think there's lots of improvements that need to be made to boss balancing. Many bosses are too easy with spirit summons but absurdly hard without them. Either they need to remove spirit summons and balance the bosses better around solo play just like in all other souls games or they need to redesign some of the bosses to fit better with the spirit summon system.
Hmmm it's almost like using summons is the easy mode everyone wants....

Yoboman

Even more distinctive classes
More unique cave and mini dungeons
Character heights and weights beyond standard human NPC size
More NPC events in the open world - eg finding NPCs completing their own fights and missions
A mission log - don't need it to outline missions exactly but at least keep a log when a mission starts and hints towards the point of it and how to continue it. ER side quests were near impossible without a guide

WitchHunter

Banned
Disappearing enemies. That would solve the totally fucked up scaling problem. So you have a fixed amount of collectable XP. Once you have finished a part of the open world, alter it in some way. Like send in a fucking meteor and blast half of the planet off.

Make the world 40% smaller (both in size and number of repeated dungeons). Remove 70% of copypasted bosses, and redo those 30% that remain. I really hope the expansion has a way more contained world (and please fix the hitches on pc, I won't buy the expansion if not)

Dorago

1. Destroy weapon, get back ancient dragon stones.
  2. Generate more level 10 glove worts.
  3. An item auto pickup ability.
  4. Make the inventory full messages not lock your controls.
  5. Something to actually negates fall damage.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Quests less obtuse and story a bit more clear.

I think From did quite a good job in that regard in Bloodborne. Elden Ring was just... I mean, come on. There is no was a human being is able to figure out these quest line by themselves. The things you need to do at time to progress them is just crazy.

Top Bottom