• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HS Wrestler refuses to hit a Girl, forfeits match

Status
Not open for further replies.

LQX

You mean touch....all those wrestlers do is grapple each other. There is no damn hitting.

dudeworld

back in high school I would have preferred doing that with a girl. I'd always fake being sick so I wouldn't have to wear tights and roll around on the floor hugging another guy.

JimtotheHum said:
This is exactly correct. If she is there to wrestle, show her the respect and wrestle her as an equal, don't be a pussy and hide behind that bullshit.
nah. he just has principles that supersede sport.

there's absolutely no reason to suggest or assume he's "too weak" to wrestle her. He just doesn't want to hurt a girl.

there's a reason why in most sports, girls have their own division. I'm surprised that's not the topic of discussion here more than his "toughness".

Sharp

Guys... a good high school wrestler in the same weight class would dominate the best female wrestlers in that class in the world, as is the case in nearly every sport. I'm pretty sure he wasn't afraid to fight her. I think his reasoning was entirely legitimate.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
i would have backed out to, its not fair and what if this happened to the girl
1274086915_wrestling-drop-on-head.gif

isny

napkin dispenser
Dreams-Visions said:

there's absolutely no reason to suggest or assume he's "too weak" to wrestle her. He just doesn't want to hurt a girl.

there's a reason why in most sports, girls have their own division. I'm surprised that's not the topic of discussion here more than his "toughness".

How is that a principle though, I would call it sexist. The reason his "faith" says hitting woman is immoral is because most faiths treat woman as crap and the lesser sex.

Zomba13

Wasn't this a plot to a highschool sitcom/movie/cartoon? A girl joined the wrestling team and won all her matches because the boys forfeited except the big bad guy who was all big and bad and then won?

Or am I imagining stuff?

antonz

isny said:
How is that a principle though, I would call it sexist. The reason his "faith" says hitting woman is immoral is because most faiths treat woman as crap and the lesser sex.
Your logic makes no sense at all. A Faith that considers women as crap is a faith that allows you to beat your wife for not having sex etc.

Lebron

Dreams-Visions said:

Well, he needs to get out of the dark ages then. If I was her, that'd be a bigger insult to me than getting my ass kicked(not to say that she couldn't beat him).

MIMIC

Banned
Reminds me of an episode of Zoey 101 when Zoey joined a wrestling team and every single guy forfeited against her.....and she had walkovers all the way to the final.

The guy in the final knocked her out and gave her a concussion.

dudeworld

MIMIC said:
Reminds me of an episode of Zoey 101 when Zoey joined a wrestling team and every single guy forfeited against her.....and she had walkovers all the way to the final.

why were you watching zoey 101

ElRenoRaven

I have to the give the kid props for standing up for his values. From what I've read she was ok with it and understood. Wonder how far she ended up making it though.

Suairyu

Banned
Dude's sexist.
PsychoRaven said:
I have to the give the kid props for standing up for his values. From what I've read she was ok with it and understood. Wonder how far she ended up making it though.
Yeah, but his values are morally wrong. She's in the same weight division as him and at the same level of competition. Possible variance in skill aside, they are equal opponents. He is discriminating against females. Were I the girl in this case, I'd be furious for not being taken seriously as a sports competitor.

Mileena

Banned
MIMIC said:

wot

kman3000

If the story was "teenage wrestler hits girl" you all would be calling for him to be lynched or something.

smh Gaf smh

kman3000 said:
If the story was "teenage wrestler hits girl" you all would be calling for him to be lynched or something.

smh Gaf smh

True, but he wouldn't hit her anyway. No striking allowed in this kind of match. I would totally wrestle a girl (and have just for fun) but I wouldn't say, bare knuckle box one.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That guy is an idiot. Even more so for using his idiocy to make a bullshit political statement.

kman3000 said:

smh Gaf smh
Why? She joined the wrestling team. The girl can obviously take it, he should have dumped her onto the mat. What he did was sexist.

Real talk: He was probably afraid of losing and took the easy way out.

jambo

A Scrubs quote comes to mind

You are the worst kind of sexist. You're one of the sneaky ones who prides himself on saying all the right things when, deep down, what you really think is that I'm just a little girl who needs protecting.

Fusebox

Banned
Lunchbox said:
i heard that chick sent a mob after him later that night and made them hospitalize the poor guy

not funny now, is it
The poor guy? Fuck that, it wasn't funny until I heard he got hospitalized, but NOW its funny.

Suairyu

Banned
Lunchbox said:
i heard that chick sent a mob after him later that night and made them hospitalize the poor guy

not funny now, is it
It wasn't funny to begin with. The girl was out of line for throwing water (or whatever the liquid is) in the guy's face when he done (presumably) nothing but say bad things to her. The guy was out of line because he physically assaulted someone for throwing water in his face.

The mob that hospitalised him was out of line because a) it was after the fact, b) he didn't doing anything near as serious to her.

Basically, a bunch of dickheads reacting to events without proportion or thought.

Shiggie

This kid is sexist plain and simple. When I wrestled in HS the were a few girls on different teams and they fought like champs. Weight class matchups makes any argument of unfairness go out the window. He should have wrestled her instead of giving some blatant sexist excuse.
-sorry for any errors, posting on iPod on the John.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Wads said:
Holy shit, how is that allowed? Kid could easily get paralyzed from that...
Its about as illegal as traveling in the NBA.

(They'll usually allow it if you do something awesome)

Neki

Dreams-Visions said:

I'm pretty sure we've gotten a lot of threads on women sports as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom