• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I’d Like to Apologize to NeoGAF, Give a Special Thank You and LTTPs too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadius

Banned
I'm still trying to get thru this whole thread but i gotta ask before it gets closed. It might have been mentioned 50 times but it's a holiday and it's like 40 pages long so bear with me, but why was Baikal banned? She was one of my favorite posters. The moe discussions were pretty entertaining.

Argument with EviLore at a UFC thread, women can be strong or stronger than men.

Hugstable

Banned
You aren't responsible for that, it's the whole group there who did that. If I thought you were one of obnoxious ones I'd have you in my ignore list (There's "only" 5 from steamgaf) and I wouldn't have replied to you here.
Was that intentional to make me feel guilty with that last sentence? :/ No way I want you gone from there.

Some who quit used ignore lists as well, put people kept quoting them so even that doesn't help.

It's not to make you feel guilty, I just started recently posting there again after like 5 months (since I've been playing alot on my ps4 recently and didn't want to clog up it with off topic about my ps4) and I know some there always got annoyed whenever we would joke around about anime games there like 100% Orange Juice or Long Live the Queen. I know many used to complain especially during the Alpacalypse, and when you first replied to me I read it wrong and thought you mentioning me. I just hope I didn't drive people away from posting there

rpmurphy

Ok the waifu wars stuff in here is going overboard. It doesnt help anything and it could get the thread shut down for good. Not worth it.
On an interesting note, nobody who just participated in that little thing actually has an anime avatar..
This thread has long outlived its welcome, really. Even the people who haven't posted yet in this thread should be leaving.

nHT9gCc.jpg

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
After going through the first post, the OP has either OCD or a mood disorder, and a crush on HolyBaikal.

His one true waifu.

Moe~~

Sifl

All threads must come to an end sometime
Yea, except the way this thread is coming to end is basically that poster's are trying to explain why this waifu shit and constant pandering to these fictional characters is making them uncomfortable/taking away from discussion on what other threads should be about. Then as this is going on, someone is basically purposely coming into the thread, starting waifu garbage and getting a mod to close it.

Damerman

I'll never understand this waifu thing. Especially the fuckers who make out with waifu pillows in public... Its beyond indecent.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Ed is adorable regardless of gender.
edit: goddammit I cant even say what my favorite character is without it starting

You totally missed the point of my reply if that is your answer.

I had left out the "people see what they want to see" part, but should have put it in there.

Arcadius

Banned
After going through the first post, the OP has either OCD or a mood disorder, and a crush on HolyBaikal.

His one true waifu.

Thanks for reading the post, I don't have either of those issues and I very well may have a crush on HolyBaikal, have a good Easter!

Verelios

I legit started laughing two paragraphs into the note. Ha, man. HolyBal is good people but christ.

In response to your lttp, P2:EP is the GOAT persona. Lisa is on the comeup and there's no pause in action since it's a sequel.

Hugstable

Banned
I'll never understand this waifu thing. Especially the fuckers who make out with waifu pillows in public... Its beyond indecent.

lol I have never seen anyone do this before.

Its bound to be in any cringe compilation u look up on youtube.

I thought you meant you actually saw people in real life doing that. That's just a dumb youtube video

Holy shit Roller Coaster Waifu LOL! Whyyyyyy

Arcadius

Banned
I legit started laughing two paragraphs into the note. Ha, man. HolyBal is good people but christ.

In response to your lttp, P2:EP is the GOAT persona. Lisa is on the comeup and there's no pause in action since it's a sequel.

Thanks, I will probably play Persona 2 when I'm in the mood for more Persona!

Sini

About the Steam threads:

A lot of that stuff has toned down significantly in the last few months, though, at least compared to what it was in the aftermath of the summer sale. Even Jase has stopped posting Saoirse gifs.

Plus it's easier for most to keep up with now. There's only been one Steam thread per month since January, instead of the two or three threads per month we were reaching after the summer sale ended.

If it makes it any better, the community thread will likely stay opened during this year's summer sale too, so you can just avoid the majority of that.
One of my best online friends and loved Steamgaffer (by regulars at least) decided to never go back there about month ago.

I agree that it's easier to keep up with it nowadays, I haven't skipped a page due there being too many of them since end of February.

And I don't want to avoid that thread, I really don't because it's nice to read what others have bought and what their experiences are, plus the news and rumors.

It's not to make you feel guilty, I just started recently posting there again after like 5 months (since I've been playing alot on my ps4 recently and didn't want to clog up it with off topic about my ps4) and I know some there always got annoyed whenever we would joke around about anime games there like 100% Orange Juice or Long Live the Queen. I know many used to complain especially during the Alpacalypse, and when you first replied to me I read it wrong and thought you mentioning me. I just hope I didn't drive people away from posting there

It's nice that you decided not to contribute more off topic by talking about your PS4.

Ploid 3.0

A gaffer gave me Persona 3 Fes and I loved it, bought Persona 4 and am looking to Persona 5.

I didn't look too much into all the other stuff. Wifus?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Argument with EviLore at a UFC thread, women can be strong or stronger than men.
OP, you seem like a nice person. I read all of the OP, and I appreciate how genuine you were. However, this statement is pretty misleading. HB was never explicitly arguing with Evilore. He was arguing with the whole thread about how women are stronger than men despite genetics showing otherwise. People even linked studies and he went on a "textbooks and studies can be corrupt and wrong" conspiracy angle. Evilore merely warned him to cut it out, and he doubled down. I didn't mind the guy, but the ban was justified.

That said, I'm glad you've expanded your horizons. You be you and like what you like, but as you can see from this thread, it may be in your best interest to avoid the anime crazies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
so is cowboy bebop the exception to the rule, or something

because whenever I see people go "oh not all anime's like that" they throw out cowboy bebop as an example and nothing else

Here are GAF's own best shows that came out in the last five years.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=983981 (2014)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=762071 (2013)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510801 (2012)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459981 (2011)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30099253&postcount=116 (2010)

Have fun.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
OP, you seem like a nice person. I read all of the OP, and I appreciate how genuine you were. However, this statement is pretty misleading. HB was never explicitly arguing with Evilore. He was arguing with the whole thread about how women are stronger than men despite genetics showing otherwise. People even linked studies and he went on a "textbooks and studies can be corrupt and wrong" conspiracy angle. Evilore merely warned him to cut it out, and he doubled down. I didn't mind the guy, but the ban was justified.

That said, I'm glad you've expanded your horizons. You be you and like what you like, but as you can see from this thread, it may be in your best interest to avoid the anime crazies.

This needs to be quoted more.

Arcadius

Banned

Sorry, I've just been typing it a lot so I've been paraphrasing it.

You read the entire OP, so you know I understand that it was justified too, although a bit harsh on length. Thanks for the compliment and I will heed your advice, although I haven't met any crazies yet. Have a great Easter!

Sorry, I've just been typing it a lot so I've been paraphrasing it.

You read the entire OP, so you know I understand that it was justified too, although a bit harsh on length. Thanks for the compliment and I will heed your advice, although I haven't met any crazies yet. Have a great Easter!

something about repeat offenders, I'm sure

Gsnap

well maybe I can enlighten you

(mostly kidding, but holy shit man)

Yeah, man. There's a lot of weird people in this thread who take innocent things and turn them into things that are creepy. And there are plenty (far too many) anime that enable them and make characters like that on purpose so that can pander to these people.

but there are plenty that don't.

Ed is just a goofy genius hacker made for simple comic relief. The other characters in the show didn't know she was a girl at first because she named herself ed (because she might be slightly crazy due to growing up alone). Once they knew she was a girl the subject was never brought up again. And like I said, the character has a nice arc involving her past and her family.

Just stop judging entire mediums and judge individual works like I said before. That's my only point of contention with your posts.

I'll just make another post.

If people didn't say the following everytime the word (the W word, if you will.) was uttered you probably wouldn't have threads for it:
-"What's a w***u?"
Which in turn is followed by something along the lines "No I won't google that shit"
-[Typical anime hate speech that isn't even clever]
-"I hate w***s"
-"Your waifus is bad/shit/crappy/garbage etc."

Then there are the posters that get offended like they are part of the weird section when someone asks them "Is that your w***u?" and they become embarrassed and flustered like an anime character, the thing they hate.

Maybe don't call attention to it so much and maybe you can deal with it, eh?

Censored the word in question to not offend or disgust someone
*chuckles*

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

Let's not pretend animeGaf is from from pandering. A top ten list that contains Gargantua in it is not a top ten list that 95% of people who aren't already deeply into anime are going to appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom