• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I bought a Switch Lite...

Fbh

Since it would probably sell well it would be a logical move.

But Atlus is weird with their releases so you never know. Persona 4 Golden would have probably sold fairly well on Ps4, Switch, PC, etc.....but there it is, still a Vita Exclusive.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Since it would probably sell well it would be a logical move.

But Atlus is weird with their releases so you never know. Persona 4 Golden would have probably sold fairly well on Ps4, Switch, PC, etc.....but there it is, still a Vita Exclusive.
hopefully we hear something soon from SMTV, I'm excited to play P5Royal but I'm waay more hyped for SMTV. If Atlus is never planning to release mainline Persona series on Switch then bring us mainline SMT and SMT spinoff(similar to Strange Journey and Digital Devil Saga) to Nintendo systems.

Vawn

Banned
If you bought a console for a game that was never announced for it and a series that's always been a PlayStation exclusive, you're a bit foolish.

But the Switch is awesome as it stands. So you ultimately made the right choice.

Fbh

hopefully we hear something soon from SMTV, I'm excited to play P5Royal but I'm waay more hyped for SMTV. If Atlus is never planning to release mainline Persona series on Switch then bring us mainline SMT and SMT spinoff(similar to Strange Journey and Digital Devil Saga) to Nintendo systems.

I like the mainline SMT games WAY more than Persona so yeah, really hoping we hear more about SMTV soon.

But I hope at some point Atlus just goes full third party as most other Devs. Let me play SMTV on PC or PS4 and bring Persona to Switch and Pc

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I can reccomend tokyo mirage sessions it is def not as weeb as xenoblade chronicles 2. And way more like persona 5.

I only played the wii u version for about 8 hours.
But i really enjoyed the battle system even more then persona 5 👍

Banned
thats okay OP, this system had tons of masterpiecr JRPG that you could explore, some of them are more fun than P5, also later on you will get SMTV that supposedly only available on switch

Aidah

I don't see why it shouldn't. Seems like leaving money on the table not to. You never know though, it might never come for whatever reason.

Personally, I think Fire Emblem: Three Houses is similar in a lot of ways, and overall actually better, particularly if you like strategy games.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Good point. I'll try to keep my mind off P5R and focus on other Switch jrpgs. If by a miracle P5R ends up on Switch I shall consider it a cherry on top!
well, at least you have Shin Megami Tensei V to look forward to. Persona is a spin off of SMT

That game was actually a reason I bought a Switch but we've heard next to he haw about it so goodness knows when that will appear.

I don't see why it shouldn't. Seems like leaving money on the table not to. You never know though, it might never come for whatever reason.

Personally, I think Fire Emblem: Three Houses is similar in a lot of ways, and overall actually better, particularly if you like strategy games.
totally different games because like you say...it's a strategy game.

Last edited:

MAtgS

Both work but you need vibrations for specific features. In The Touryst you need them to resolve an enigm from the main storyline, so it's blocking.
In LM3, you need them to find the Boos. Not blocking but still annoying to miss part of the collectibles.
Huh, I've had rumble shut off on my Switch for ages so I didn't know this.

NAI1210

P5 is terrible.
I didn't see the appeal at all, it honestly looks like a game for women.
Your wording makes it sounds like you have seen the game but not played it, so does it play like a game for women or have made a snap judgement on screenshots🙄

NAI1210

I bought a ps3 for the last guardian..... And then a ps4, then the game came out picked it up and still haven't played it, hopefully persona 5 will come to switch loved persona 4 golden on vita, if not I will eventually grab it on ps4.

Grinchy

Banned
I bought a ps3 for the last guardian..... And then a ps4, then the game came out picked it up and still haven't played it, hopefully persona 5 will come to switch loved persona 4 golden on vita, if not I will eventually grab it on ps4.
You dodged a bullet. That game fucking suuuuuucks.

well, at least you have Shin Megami Tensei V to look forward to. Persona is a spin off of SMT

That game was actually a reason I bought a Switch but we've heard next to he haw about it so goodness knows when that will appear.

Last SMT I played was Nocturne on PS2. Still haven't finished it though.

I need to order FE:TH asap.

totally different games because like you say...it's a strategy game.
Enh, I wouldn’t say that at all. The only major difference is that you move your characters around a map during fights. Other than that, 3 Houses is relatively light on strategy, especially compared to old school Fire Emblem games. I’m not even sure I could honestly say its fights are more strategic than Persona 4’s at the end of the day.

Outside of that, I think the segment of people who would like Persona or Final Fantasy but not Final Fantasy Tactics or current Fire Emblem is pretty slim. The audience for jrpgs & srpgs is probably largely the same people.

stickkidsam

Well... at least you know you picked the wrong color.

How do they not have a red or blue Lite? The current colors are so bland; it's like looking at the interior decor of my grandma's house.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Well... at least you know you picked the wrong color.

How do they not have a red or blue Lite? The current colors are so bland; it's like looking at the interior decor of my grandma's house.

I bought the yellow one to match my yellow iPhone and yellow Apple Watch... I have a problem....but I think it looks snazzy.

stickkidsam

I bought the yellow one to match my yellow iPhone and yellow Apple Watch... I have a problem....but I think it looks snazzy.
Yellow apples are my least favorite apple and yet are my favorite apple juice.

I think your color theme is rad though. I had the yellow Windows phone back in the olden times.

Rickyiez

Fire Emblem : 3H, Tokyo Mirage, Astral Chain, BOTW, Xenoblade 2 are all great games on the switch. You should celebrate the purchase hehe

One of the reasons I bought a Switch during the release period was Shin Megami Tensei V. I sold my Switch not too long ago; just before the time the Switch Lite got announced. I have been fairly critical of Nintendo ever since I got my Switch, but the prospects of that game, as well as Xenoblade Chronicles - Definitive Edition made me question my decision over the months.

I have this love-hate relationship with Nintendo ever since the Wii. It confuses the hell out of me sometimes. And I also know I'm not the only one.

Being a big fan of Persona 4 Golden on the PlayStation Vita, Persona 5 was a game I hoped for ever since the early days of the Switch. It ran on the PS3, so it is pretty viable I think when it comes to the tech side of things. But, the franchise (at least the main entries) may be locked to the PlayStation brand unfortunately. Not to say exceptions can be made, as the main series, Shin Megami Tensei made appearances on different platforms other than Nintendo's as well...

Fuck it, I did it. I contemplated a PlayStation 4, but that would be even more expensive than this already is (with the huge amount of games I wanted). This was more realistic/viable for me.

Ordered a Switch Lite with these physical games:

Dark Souls Remastered
Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
The Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening
Collection of Mana
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Super Bomberman R
Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers

The last three titles were games I physically owned the last time round too. lol

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I also highly recommend Mario + Rabbits, I'm surprised how I enjoy that game. Makes me wish Ubisoft would put this much heart for rest of their games.

Top Bottom