• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I couldn't avoid I bought two more Action Figures!

AJUMP23

I think if I made this thread, I'd find myself thinking bad thoughts, too.

I hope he gets some help. Clearly there are some things going on in his head that would help if he talked to someone and they were able to steer him in a direction that helps overcome the intrusive thoughts. I for one would recommend a turn to Christ, but I know that is easy to say and not what a lot of people want to hear. I think he needed to be banned for the post, because Gaf doesn't need to associate with that stuff, but he needs help, and not the help he would get from here.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I hope he gets some help. Clearly there are some things going on in his head that would help if he talked to someone and they were able to steer him in a direction that helps overcome the intrusive thoughts. I for one would recommend a turn to Christ, but I know that is easy to say and not what a lot of people want to hear. I think he needed to be banned for the post, because Gaf doesn't need to associate with that stuff, but he needs help, and not the help he would get from here.
Sky Daddy™ is not going to cure mental health issues.

Why are GI Joes now $50+? They haven't updated the look at all. Same plastic guns and details as 1980s.

I confess that I've been looking at buying a Rattler, Raven and Killer Whale.

Which GI Joe's are they? Are they the Classified line or Ultimates line? The Ultimates one are the ones that can go $40 - $50+ depending on where you shop. Also keep in mind that some stores know which characters are more sought after so they'll punch up the price. Classified generally starts at $24.99 and the general ReAction line is the one that hovers at $20.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

Yeah, I don't mean to rag on the dude. I mean, I'm glad he's not in the same country as me, but I gave him my best and most honest advice on an earlier thread, he chose to do whatever the last week can be called. Seems like a cool, troubled dude, and we're all troubled at one point or another. I'll never hate on anyone for going through shit or having trouble dealing with the cards they were dealt.

I will criticize the thread posting. It felt like I was getting astroturfed by some AI GAF account that knew it was supposed to be recruiting for something but it was phrased in the prompt waaaay too fucking vague and it ended up producing an eager man in an immigration foot fetish cult.

But yeah, get well and persevere, my banned dude. Talk to someone, learn to love yourself. Everything will work out after that.

Ownage

Which GI Joe's are they? Are they the Classified line or Ultimates line? The Ultimates one are the ones that can go $40 - $50+ depending on where you shop. Also keep in mind that some stores know which characters are more sought after so they'll punch up the price. Classified generally starts at $24.99 and the general ReAction line is the one that hovers at $20.
Thanks very much. Where is the best place to buy figures? Believe it or not I have a thick garage bag filled with all the old characters and their guns. I think it would be fun to get back into it a bit.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Not sure if this is done anymore but I remember all the french canadians clapping when our plane landed when I went to Disney World with my mom at 9 years old 😄

Clapping when a plane lands is passable. I usually feel like audibly expressing gratitude to the guy that successfully flew me through the sky without murdering me. That's one of them there emergent evolutionary trait, or some shit. Regardless of language, state, race, or status, the thundering majority of people can agree that not getting dropped to fiery death from 30k feet is the fucking absolute, certified shit.

I meant feet in the measurement sense.

That I need even type such a clarification is the proof that no matter how many people wish us a blessed day, we are straying further and further from Goku.

Thanks very much. Where is the best place to buy figures? Believe it or not I have a thick garage bag filled with all the old characters and their guns. I think it would be fun to get back into it a bit.

Outside of Amazon and eBay the usual online domestic stores are Big Bad Toy Store, TF Source/Toygeek and The Chosen Prime:

And to give an example about how prices can change for lines:
Destro-
ReAction Line : https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/170719?o=4
Classified Line (Gold Head): https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/114914?o=4
Ultimates Line: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/184159?o=4

A couple other things. Note that some of these stores will allow you to stack orders (that you can hold off from shipping product for a set amount of time) to save on shipping prices, such as TFSource/Toygeek. Other places like BBTS will have price fluctuations every so often with sales on certain products. I'm kicking myself for not ordering some GI Joe Ultimates figures during the Holidays as some were up to 50% off at the time.

Also, if you don't know much about a figure and you don't think the product page doesn't show enough look up the figure on youtube as there are a number of reviewers out there that will go over a figure and its positives and negatives.

Ownage

Outside of Amazon and eBay the usual online domestic stores are Big Bad Toy Store, TF Source/Toygeek and The Chosen Prime:

And to give an example about how prices can change for lines:
Destro-
ReAction Line : https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/170719?o=4
Classified Line (Gold Head): https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/114914?o=4
Ultimates Line: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/184159?o=4

A couple other things. Note that some of these stores will allow you to stack orders (that you can hold off from shipping product for a set amount of time) to save on shipping prices, such as TFSource/Toygeek. Other places like BBTS will have price fluctuations every so often with sales on certain products. I'm kicking myself for not ordering some GI Joe Ultimates figures during the Holidays as some were up to 50% off at the time.

Also, if you don't know much about a figure and you don't think the product page doesn't show enough look up the figure on youtube as there are a number of reviewers out there that will go over a figure and its positives and negatives.
This is great, thanks.

Is there any similar website that sells the vehicles? I see the old ones on eBay but some look like junk while others look new-ish?

This is great, thanks.

Is there any similar website that sells the vehicles? I see the old ones on eBay but some look like junk while others look new-ish?

I would say look around those sites there as usually among the figures themselves are the vehicles.

The other website off the top of my head would be the HasbroPulse site which is more or less the defacto official store site. Keep in mind those that some of the stuff there can go fast.

They also have their Haslabs there which are pretty much their Kickstarter-like ventures however if funded they do not go to stores as they go to their backers directly and, at this time, are only done once so when it's over it's over.

They are currently on a Transformers Haslab at the moment but one past GI Joe one was this: https://hasbropulse.com/collections...-series-g-i-joe-assault-copter-dragonfly-xh-1

Also, just so you are aware the newer GI Joe and Transformers comics shared Universe was started in October last year by Image Comics/Skybound. Duke and Cobra Commander are at #3 in their miniseries at this time (and they are still continuing the OG comic timeline they inherited from Marvel/IDW which is well passed it's 300th issue).

HighPoly, if you're lurking, know that I appreciated your threads in a "Oh, boy, there's goes ol' HighPoly, at it again!" way. Definitely a memorable poster and funny in your own way. Hope you get to talk to people who aren't internet strangers about your troubles. And remember that you can't always choose your thoughts, but you can choose what you do with them.

Regarding some of the back-and-forth in this thread, mental health issues can be helped by having a clear goal and direction when you're lost. Religion provides that for a lot of people. When I see Christianity getting mocked outright, I can't help but think they must've had run-ins with the worst kinds of Christians to have such animosity.

Anyway, you can get action figures at just about any department store.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
HighPoly, if you're lurking, know that I appreciated your threads in a "Oh, boy, there's goes ol' HighPoly, at it again!" way. Definitely a memorable poster and funny in your own way. Hope you get to talk to people who aren't internet strangers about your troubles. And remember that you can't always choose your thoughts, but you can choose what you do with them.

Regarding some of the back-and-forth in this thread, mental health issues can be helped by having a clear goal and direction when you're lost. Religion provides that for a lot of people. When I see Christianity getting mocked outright, I can't help but think they must've had run-ins with the worst kinds of Christians to have such animosity.

Anyway, you can get action figures at just about any department store.

That all of that can be strung together into a sensible message within context is proof to this spectator's eyes that this dude has been etched somewhere in the shadowy stone hallways chronicling the Saga of GAF. Godspeed you, black emperor. Or some shit.

Ownage

I would say look around those sites there as usually among the figures themselves are the vehicles.

The other website off the top of my head would be the HasbroPulse site which is more or less the defacto official store site. Keep in mind those that some of the stuff there can go fast.

They also have their Haslabs there which are pretty much their Kickstarter-like ventures however if funded they do not go to stores as they go to their backers directly and, at this time, are only done once so when it's over it's over.

They are currently on a Transformers Haslab at the moment but one past GI Joe one was this: https://hasbropulse.com/collections...-series-g-i-joe-assault-copter-dragonfly-xh-1

Also, just so you are aware the newer GI Joe and Transformers comics shared Universe was started in October last year by Image Comics/Skybound. Duke and Cobra Commander are at #3 in their miniseries at this time (and they are still continuing the OG comic timeline they inherited from Marvel/IDW which is well passed it's 300th issue).
These are some knockoffs of the same size, but kudos for making figures cheap for kids to play with.

Top Bottom