• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I did something dumb...

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
So. I did something awesome and dumb at the same time. I've had this dream of owning a M82a1 since I was a kid. Now being a man-child with 4 years of Marine Corp training and deployments (btw lol never trained with this firearm. I thought was going to die when i first shot it.) The thing is a beast. like something built out of a different time. Its crude, bulky, awkward to move around. Best way to put it, its like having the power of a (fuck it) god. Thor or what have you. This thing was not meant for mere mortal to wield. But, damnit if it doesn't shoot like a dream. The kick is nothing more than a .308, but the fucking dust cloud from the muzzle break... its fucking nuts. Fucking glad to live in the US where I can do dumb shit like this.
image0.jpg

you may ask yourself why is this dipshit posting this here. Well, its simple really. kinda just bragging at this point. I dont know where to go from here when it comes to guns. So if you stuck around to this point, Gun gaf I ask thee what should I focus on next? Ammo? or more Guns? I own 16 guns.
kRwo13i.jpg

As a Brit that is overall glad gun ownership in Great Britain is heavily regulated, and not really anything to ever be a concern to me, please know that I am also insanely jealous and that getting to shoot one of these is a dream of mine.

When I finally get around to taking a holiday in the US, I really need to find a shooting range that will let me try something like this, a machine gun and ideally a grenade launcher.

You glorious yanky bastards, with your bloody 'freedom above all else' thing.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
You magnificent bastard, I love it.

So, you gonna spend the money on proper glass? It's going to run you another few thousand.
I dont know what im going to put on it yet. Kinda just living in the after glow of the purchase it self. But yes. I plan on spending a lot on a proper scope for it.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I wasn't aware that we had uncle dana white between gaf members.

Nice rifle bro.

Last edited:
Top Bottom