• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I hate idiots who don't know how to use their mic

JCK75

The ones that piss me off are the ones that think they are a DJ and blast music over thiers on purpose.. and it's never good music.

Last edited:
what's with the douchebags that have their mic on constantly while having background noise on, like their TV or music

it's like the gaming version of playing music out of your phone speaker in public instead of using headphones

I try to minimize all background noise when gaming and I still make sure to mute my mic while not talking

this shit is the worst when you're playing a game that doesn't allow you to mute a specific person's mic

if you do this you're a bad person
Recently Rocket league added the Voice Chat back... I had screaming / mumbling and general annoyances that go along with open voice chat. settings > off.

I time travelled back in time. Maybe it's good to have it on so I can judge the person more creatively.

Fuz

Banned
You should learn from me and be an antisocial who never uses a mic and refuses to listen to anyone who does.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I think the biggest culprit is the PS5 controller. I feel like a lot of casual gamers may not realize that there's actually a mic in the controller. So when they play games like Warzone or something similar, they just don't realize it's constantly hot.

It's pretty weird to me though, I mean, it's a multiplayer game, surely you'd think about communication settings you prefer before diving in, lmao.

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Been playing a lot of Halo mp lately but never heard anyone talk on the mic. Is it normal?
Thankfully Halo is pretty chill these days and there isn't much bad mic manners going on. If you want some serious team play with a full team all mic'ed-up, with call outs and all that stuff, there are Halo clans/gaming groups to join or Halo Looking For Games (LFG) games to join. LFG is great for multiplayer and MMO games in the Xbox/PC ecosystem, especially if you are looking to play or grind something specific, game with a specific age group or game with people that speak a specific language.

Rambone

PS5: mic is usually on by default on the controller
Xbox Series: Turning the TV speakers off isn't done by default when you plug in a mic or headset, so you usually hear peoples TV in the background and yourself which makes for an echo or hall like effect. Pretty annoying. The xbox controllers are usually loud and clicky so you hear people constantly smashing buttons all the time.

K2D

Banned
what's with the douchebags that have their mic on constantly while having background noise on, like their TV or music

it's like the gaming version of playing music out of your phone speaker in public instead of using headphones

I try to minimize all background noise when gaming and I still make sure to mute my mic while not talking

this shit is the worst when you're playing a game that doesn't allow you to mute a specific person's mic

if you do this you're a bad person
I echo the general sentiment. The language used promoting this viewpoint and the bemoaning however, I cannot sanction.

A new 'idiot' is born every second, so good luck out there..!

A more useful OP would be to just point out some tips for do's and don'ts, ultimately high lighting the problem and starting the discussion just the same

xqc-xqc-mic.gif

ThaGuy

That's one reason I like the Xbox party chat features. You can turn the volume down on each individual person since not everyone's adjusts their mic to regular levels.

Top Bottom