• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have a strange smell coming from behind my ear..

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Video Game Podcast GIF by Radio-Canada OHdio

We need that exact ear as a reaction. As in "I hear what you're saying" or " do you smell that?"

Last edited:

SiahWester

OP I'm not even gonna lie dude. I realized this a while ago.

I remember hearing from movies or books moms telling their kids to wash behind their ears. It makes sense, I mean its a very overlooked area of the body.

I started using antibacterial soap behind my ears and have no issues now.

Last edited:

AGRacing

.. And it won't go away. It smells kind of like a strong gouda cheese.

Could it be an infection?

What would you guys recommend to solve this issue?
Your ear pulls back further than you think it does and you havent cleaned behind a fold. This happened to our child when a few months old and we realized we had an area to clean we didnt know existed.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
OP I'm not even gonna lie dude. I realized this a while ago.

I remember hearing from movies or books moms telling their kids to wash behind their ears. It makes sense, I mean its a very overlooked area of the body.

I started using antibacterial soap behind my ears and have no issues now.

Same here as well as drying them well. Especially with long hair.

Shit must be powerful. Got that arching-scent?! I think you possibly got a pimple back there and it got infected, so now you got smelly-ass pus.
I would flatten that shit out, remove all of the pus, then clean the area with some steamy-ass water and use some hydrogen peroxide, after and pat dry.

Imagine letting her face get within 20 feet of your existence? Please... I cringe every time I see that insufferable punim.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Can you send me a sample, perhaps? I have a smell fetish no cap.

It's like being borderline psychotic but not quite sure. Yummy.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Im sure youre fatter than my kid.. and Im also sure youve got shit behind your ear.
Fair enough. I put some sanitizer behind my ear and it stung like hell.

But it also dried the area a bit and toned down the stench.

I will pick up some Imacort later this week and report back.

Synless

For the record, I had this same issue. I have always cleaned behind my ears and such with soap and water. I stopped using soap there and on my face.

I believed it was doing more harm than good. Instead I used just water and scrubbed just as good as before. It stopped the smell after a week or so, also my face isn’t dry anymore like it was. Body chemistry is touchy, I’m just saying it worked for me.

Take that however you want.

Top Bottom