• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare III asking some PS5 users for the Modern Warfare II disc to start.

DryvBy

For a long time, people have joked that new Call of Duty games are just the same game repackaged with a few new guns every year. It’s not true, of course, but some installments do feel very similar to past entries thanks to similar technology and assets being used across the franchise. But MW3 on PS5 pushes this further, with trophies on PS5 being listed as DLC for MW2. And now, some players are reporting that they can’t even play the game on PS5 due to an error message asking them to insert the PS4 version of Modern Warfare II.

I expected it to take way longer for Phil to turn COD into a total POS but he did this in record time. Great job!

Imtjnotu

Mitch Mcconnell Freeze GIF by GIPHY News

xrnzaaas

This was already the case if you bought CoD Infinite Warfare bundled with Modern Warfare 1 Remastered code. If you installed only MW1 you still needed the IW disc to launch it.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
This was already the case if you bought CoD Infinite Warfare bundled with Modern Warfare 1 Remastered code. If you installed only MW1 you still needed the IW disc to launch it.
That's because it came with it and is tied to the same disc, it's an authentication
This is completely different.

LordCBH

I heard this campaign is 3 hour dogshit and that all the maps are old.

Though to be fair, old maps might actually be a positive.

DryvBy

This is the first year since the original PC title I'm not buying COD. And since Battlefield is a pile of trash, I guess Trepang2 wins shooter of the year.

Top Bottom