• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I hope MGS1 remaster isn't based on the old PC version

Gojiira

From a Konami standpoint probably. I still had wished this was sourced to Sony for a ground up remake.
Same, I find it kinda weird Playstation opted for Silent Hill 2 exclusivity over Metal Gear, especially since you know full well Sony would get Kojima involved in some capacity.

VulcanRaven

I don't remember the cutscenes being that bad. The only one that stuck in my head was hopping on a missile. What was Kojima thinking?
I like the Gray Fox cutscenes in The Twin Snakes. Those make sense and look great. The cutscenes were directed by Ryuhei Kitamura not Kojima.

Last edited:

Bond007

Same, I find it kinda weird Playstation opted for Silent Hill 2 exclusivity over Metal Gear, especially since you know full well Sony would get Kojima involved in some capacity.

Maybe it has more to do with what Konami was willing to outsource rather than was Sony wanted.
Silent Hill isnt a bad consolation prize but i could legit see Konami fully realizing Kojima would be involved and preferring to hold onto it OR they see MGS as a bigger seller and prefer to keep in house.

DryvBy

I hope they aren't using the old PC version when re-releasing the game later this year. I'm a bit worried about that because it could the easiest thing to do probably. They could emulate the PS1 version on PS4/5 but that isn't the case if it gets released on Xbox and Steam too. The PC version had problems like missing music and I'm not fan of the new graphics. The new textures look too soft and affect the atmosphere. There is just something about that PS1 look that is very important to the game. Would be great if they gave us different graphic options.

This is how I played MGS because I think the PS1 version looks horrific with it's bouncy texture nonsense.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’m pretty sure there were numerous codec lines detailing controls. I wonder how they address that in the bundle, or the codec frequency on the back of the case. I can vividly remember Campbell saying “press the Select button.”

Gojiira

Maybe it has more to do with what Konami was willing to outsource rather than was Sony wanted.
Silent Hill isnt a bad consolation prize but i could legit see Konami fully realizing Kojima would be involved and preferring to hold onto it OR they see MGS as a bigger seller and prefer to keep in house.

I suspect you’re right, and tbh Silent Hill has just as much relevance to PS as MGS does.
But yeah I suspect Konami know MGS is their biggest franchise and keeping it close, probably why the remake is extremely safe too.
I seriously doubt it will sell as much as it would were it a Sony published title with their level of quality though. Hope Im wrong and we finally get remakes/remasters of AC!D 1/2 and ground up remakes of Metal Gear 1/2.

Puscifer

That's likely why, that bridge is clearly burned and Konami would pull out likely in an instant if they knew he was coming back.

Plus Kojima clearly wants nothing to do with MGS anymore, he seems much happier now that his creative juices are flowing. Kinda like Maynard and Tool vs how much he loves Puscifer

Last edited:

YCoCg

I’m pretty sure there were numerous codec lines detailing controls. I wonder how they address that in the bundle, or the codec frequency on the back of the case. I can vividly remember Campbell saying “press the Select button.”
Just add it as a notation at the bottom of the screen:
"To answer the CODEC, press the SELECT button"

Translators Notes: SELECT means Back Button

:messenger_grinning_squinting:

Top Bottom