• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I hope Microsoft gives Arkane Studios a blank cheque for their next game

DrFigs

The blame for Redfall flopping seems to be getting foisted on Microsoft an awful lot.

Throwing money at a failing project does not make good business sense, nor does it magically make a game good. And I would argue that MS did give Arkane plenty of money - because they gave Arkane a ton of time, and that costs a lot when you're staffing a studio of hundreds of people. They got a whole year extra in fact, delaying the game on May 2022 to May 2023.

At what point does the pity party and the excuses end and we just admit that Arkane made a shitty game?
Yeah I think people are reading too much into it for sure. Studios are allowed to have the occasional bad game.

XXL

I hope they revisit Prey.
I used to hope this, but after Deathloop and now Redfall.... I don't want them to.

The Arkane that made Dishonoured and Prey is dead.
Pour One Out Malt Liquor GIF

Gone to soon and they were never appreciated when they were here. They lit up the room and were always the life of the party.

R.I.P.

avin

All games don't have to appeal to a broad audience. There's nothing wrong with a studio that makes games for a smaller audience using a smaller budget, and so manages to remain financially viable. Hopefully, that's what Arkane still is, and what they'll decide to return to.

avin

Last edited:

damidu

their issues go way past redfall,
deathloop was another disappointment with equally braindead a.i.
and basically none of their games control good nor have fun gunplay

Top Bottom