• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft reorgs its Xbox and marketing teams to prepare for an AI and gaming future

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Microsoft is reorganizing its Xbox gaming and marketing leadership, less than two weeks after acquiring Activision Blizzard. Microsoft is promoting Matt Booty to president of game content and studios, including the new responsibility of ZeniMax and Bethesda, and Sarah Bond to Xbox president, overseeing all Xbox platform and hardware work. On the marketing side, chief marketing officer Chris Capossela is stepping down after 32 years at Microsoft.

The Xbox changes mean Booty will now lead an expanded organization inside Microsoft Gaming that includes ZeniMax and Bethesda. “ZeniMax will continue to operate as a limited integration entity led by Jamie Leder, President and CEO, reporting to Matt,” explains Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer in an internal memo obtained by The Verge.

Booty’s expanded role should help Microsoft Gaming avoid scenarios like Redfall in the future, with Microsoft clearly focusing on better collaboration between the teams it acquired with the ZeniMax / Bethesda acquisition.

image001.png

Last edited:

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Booty essentially integrating Bethesda into Xbox Games Studios is good. I think it means we see a better cadence of releases since the 2 sides will be working together. I wonder if they ever do this with ABK. That would be much more difficult for sure.

EDIT: Also, that's awesome for Sarah Bond. If anyone was wondering if she is being groomed to take over Phil's spot, we surely know the answer now.

Last edited:
These lists are great for snow days. When the weather is bad Phill will call Matt and Cynthia that they don't have to come to work. Then those two call the next on the list to spread the good news.
Everyone gets to stay home and play games.

skit_data

Am I the only one seeing MS might be preparing to potentially use more AI and less "human developers" for game development, i. e replacing part of the workforce with AI solutions?
Lots of IP, research into AI being a big part of MS as a whole. Seems like a no brainer from an economic perspective, maybe not so much from a PR one though.

Last edited:

Z O N E

I mean AI will no doubt be a part of game development going forward. Games are taking longer to create and more costly too, so no surprise there.

StueyDuck

See now prepare for AI could be really exciting. Imagine massive rpgs where you could really interact with the NPCs or a tool that can create storylines on the fly based on your actions.

But I think we all know what they probably mean 🤣, gonna be a bot pumping gamepass games

wolffy66

Am I the only one seeing MS might be preparing to potentially use more AI and less "human developers" for game development, i. e replacing part of the workforce with AI solutions?
Lots of IP, research into AI being a big part of MS as a whole. Seems like a no brainer from an economic perspective, maybe not so much from a PR one though.
That will literally be every single company in tech, software, medicine, engineering, and pretty much everything else

Dr.brain64

(...) help Microsoft Gaming avoid scenarios like Redfall in the future, with Microsoft clearly focusing on better collaboration between the teams it acquired with the ZeniMax / Bethesda acquisition.

About time??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom