• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will the Series S now hold back the potential of the PS5 Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemingwayoffbase

Gold Member
In the light of more and more developers feeling handcuffed by Xbox to make their games run on the underpowered Series S, won’t third party games on the PS5 Pro also be shackled to the requirements of the Series S?

If “slightly better first part Sony games” is the only reason to get a PS5 Pro, and considering that we’re STILL getting cross-gen titles released to this day, I think I’ll have to pass on this next wave of “upgraded” hardware.

Who’s with me?

Bernoulli

M2 slut

Will the Series S now hold back the rumored 2025 next gen Xbox S and X?​

yes they are doing 2 consoles for next gen too​

Why is my writing so big and blod
The Series S will make Switch 2 ports easier

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If “slightly better first part Sony games” is the only reason to get a PS5 Pro, and considering that we’re STILL getting cross-gen titles released to this day, I think I’ll have to pass on this next wave of “upgraded” hardware.

As long as a game will need to run on the base PS5, it'll 'hold back' the mid-gen. The same thing happened with Pro and One X last gen.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
It wont affect anything anymore than it is right now.

Didnt we go thru this last gen with the One S?

Codes 208

Will the steam deck or lower end pc’s?

No?

So far the only thing proven to be hindered by the series s is the series x (the whole BG3 release situation for example)

twilo99

Will the steam deck or lower end pc’s?

No?

So far the only thing proven to be hindered by the series s is the series x (the whole BG3 release situation for example)

You are correct, at least thus far, most of the "hate" made very little sense, but today I finally saw something that could be the first issue with some actual consequences.

Screenshot-2023-12-14-112647.png

I am not sure how that will play out, but we could end up with the xsx using FSR3 and xss using FSR2 if the devs can't find a way..

Also, I think FSR3 requires high FPS as a baseline to work properly so not sure how that would work in Starfield for example where the xss is probably maxed out at 30fps

kiphalfton

Will the PS5 hold back the PS5 Pro?

Obviously OP is talking about multiplatform games.

In which case that's not a fair comparison, since the PS5 is far more powerful than the XSS.

The difference in power between the PS5 and PS5 Pro will be smaller than the XSS vs PS5 Pro, so not even sure why you are trying to put it back in Sony's court.

Last edited:

Codes 208

You are correct, at least thus far, most of the "hate" made very little sense, but today I finally saw something that could be the first issue with some actual consequences.

Screenshot-2023-12-14-112647.png

I am not sure how that will play out, but we could end up with the xsx using FSR3 and xss using FSR2 if the devs can't find a way..

Also, I think FSR3 requires high FPS as a baseline to work properly so not sure how that would work in Starfield for example where the xss is probably maxed out at 30fps
Thats fair, and inevitably we will get to the point where the ss may end up being a hinderance, but i feel like by that point, the series x will take its place as its discontinued with a xsx 2.0/pro taking the X’s current position

Lokaum D+

Well, It didnt hold the potencial of base ps5, just look até Sony first party games for ps5.

Last edited:

twilo99

Thats fair, and inevitably we will get to the point where the ss may end up being a hinderance, but i feel like by that point, the series x will take its place as its discontinued with a xsx 2.0/pro taking the X’s current position

Right, it will eventually get phased out.

My recommendation for anyone who is confused about what the xss is and doesn't get it is to always consider the price point and the power draw, taking those two things under consideration helps a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom