• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I love movies/shows about oppression. Is there something wrong with me?

nkarafo

I realised recently that my most rewatched movies are about people oppressing other people.

Schintler's List
The Pianist
Fateless
12 years a Slave
Jango Unchained

And the only show i can't stop watching is Handmaid's Tale, despite some things about it getting in my nerves.

There's something about all these movies and shows about nazis and slavery. I also like depressing movies a lot. Am i a bad person GAF?

Blade2.0

This you, OP?

110881946-slave-bdsm-isolated-.jpg

nothing wrong that. nazism, dystopia, slavery, cyberpunk etc are all common genres or topics in various kinds of media. doesn't make you a bad person. you can learn important lessons from watching/read/playing stuff with these topics/settings in them.

This you, OP?

110881946-slave-bdsm-isolated-.jpg
uploaded from: "C:\Users\blade2.0\Pictures\me.jpg"

Last edited:

Blade2.0

nothing wrong that. nazism, dystopia, slavery, cyberpunk etc are all common genres or topics in various kinds of media. doesn't make you a bad person. you can learn important lessons from watching/read/playing stuff with these topics/settings in them.

uploaded from: "C:\Users\blade2.0\Pictures\me.jpg"
Don't kink Shame

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
You like an underdog and survivor story OP. It’s a standards cinema (and human) genre.

unless you get off on the suffering part; then well… seek help.

Last edited:
Top Bottom