• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I put sauerkraut on pizza.

Venom Snake

I tried it with spicy cheese and mushrooms, it didn't remind me of pizza, but it was good. I also ate lasagna in this version and it was also ok.

juti8dee20371.jpg

badblue

And it was pretty damn good. Sauerkraut, cheese, tomato sauce, and Italian sausage. I would highly suggest giving it a shot.
Sauerkraut would be damn good on a pierogi pizza. Don't know why I didn't think of it before

Last edited:

Venom Snake

If you like sauerkraut, you should try these:

0lmfqz.jpg

They go well with lots of stuff, soups (like red borscht), Roman roast, grilled cheese etc.

belmarduk

The germans put salami on pizza.
It was the most surreal thing I had ever seen.
Probably didn't help that I had covid and couldn't taste anything.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I had a Korean Philly Steak sandwich today and it had kimchi on it. It looked good on the menu but it was pretty bad. At least I didn't pay for it.

I drench my pizzas with black olive's, literally every few centimetres regardless of the other toppings. I seldom have pizzas anymore now. I think the last one I had was over three years ago.

simpatico

You can get pepperoni or you can get plain. That's the only "pizza" that exist. This is more of an open face baked sandwich.

Last edited:

HoodWinked

Sauerkraut makes sense with sausage. Banana peppers and jalapenos are also common topping options they essentially provide the same kind of acidity just with less wetness.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Like a normal pizza with cheese and all, and just added the sauerkraut? I have to try that. I saw a pizza in I think Philly that was dough, oil, garlic, and kraut before. Never thought to just toss on top of whatever pizza I was eating at the time.

Banned

gary coleman wtf GIF

wtf? salami on Pizza is like literally the default in many countries.
in the US they put what they call "Pepperoni" on Pizza as the defacto default topping, and those are just an american Salami variant.

I quite frankly find it surreal to hear that you think that's surreal 😆
like, it's literally the most stereotypical pizza aside from Margherita

edit: I mean this is what you get when you google "Pizza Icon"
screenshot_20230407_0gmdkl.jpg

notice how most of these stylised Pizza drawings have Salami slices on them

Last edited:

Blade2.0

Like a normal pizza with cheese and all, and just added the sauerkraut? I have to try that. I saw a pizza in I think Philly that was dough, oil, garlic, and kraut before. Never thought to just toss on top of whatever pizza I was eating at the time.
Yes. Normal sausage pizza and then added sauerkraut to it

Tams

Caramelised red onion and baked goats cheese is the Goast on anything but a dessert.

I do like pineapple pizza, especially with ham or spam. Margheritas are of course wonderful.

Trunx81

As a German living in Mexico, I was really surprised that they only put this “Pepperoni” called sausage in Pizza. Then I once tried the Mexican Salami … and I fully understood. It just tastes like “dead meat”, taken from the countless roadkills.

But then, the Mexicans have this microwave Pizzas that taste like coughing medicine.

Top Bottom