• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I put sauerkraut on pizza.

Blade2.0

As a German living in Mexico, I was really surprised that they only put this “Pepperoni” called sausage in Pizza. Then I once tried the Mexican Salami … and I fully understood. It just tastes like “dead meat”, taken from the countless roadkills.

But then, the Mexicans have this microwave Pizzas that taste like coughing medicine.
Are you talking about chorizo? That stuff is amazing.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Thank you!

Motherfuckers have Aneurysms when you mention pineapple on pizza. Grow up you inbred mouth breathers.

🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕

Just to show how magnanimous I can be, sauerkraut doesn't sound the worst. I like green olives sometimes and they are salty
200w.gif

Lunarorbit

I was going to walk away from this thread after my pineapple rant but salami over pepperoni???

My European brothers and sisters.... In none of the multiverses is salami better than pepperoni on pizza.

K.N.W.

I never tasted Sauerkraut, but if it's really strong as I think, next time don't mix it with tomato sauce, otherwise the two tastes might overlap. Make it a white pizza, not a red one :p

Blade2.0

I never tasted Sauerkraut, but if it's really strong as I think, next time don't mix it with tomato sauce, otherwise the two tastes might overlap. Make it a white pizza, not a red one :p
That might make it better, but it didn't taste bad with tomato sauce, either.

HoodWinked

The people being uptight about pineapple on pizza are becoming a smaller and smaller group.

But generally it's good on cheap chain restaurant pizza. But a sit down pizza place usually has better toppings and selection so it won't be a first choice unless it's for a specific type of pizza like a Hawaiian.

Banned
I was going to walk away from this thread after my pineapple rant but salami over pepperoni???

My European brothers and sisters.... In none of the multiverses is salami better than pepperoni on pizza.

I think you just never had a good salami pizza. Pepperoni is just a slightly more spicy Salami variant.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I've had Nutella (and banana) pizza. Even very drunk me found it utterly vile and unfinishable (after having enjoyed a kebab with who-knows-what in).

Don't do Nutella pizza. Absolutely rank. Nutella is ambrosia, but not on pizza.
I also can't eat this but this packaging stuck with me. There is also one with fish sticks and spinach. Will try to find it.

fischpizza.png

Last edited:

Venom Snake

Fish fingers? Amazing.

Spinach and cheese? Amazing.

Fish fingers with a spinach and cheese side? Yes please.

On a pizza... Go to Italy and let the Italians lynch you.

It all depends on what we mean by culinary tradition: sticking to specific schemes and rules, or maybe breaking stereotypes, developing and looking for new flavors. It's perfectly fine for both of these cultures to exist in the same space, so anyone who tries to fight one or the other can suck a fat one.

Dural

And it was pretty damn good. Sauerkraut, cheese, tomato sauce, and Italian sausage. I would highly suggest giving it a shot.

A couple weeks ago I took my kids to the Wisconsin Dells for spring break and the pizza joint we ordered from had the following;

Wisconsin Golden Nugget – Golden nuggets of Wisconsin cheese curds, sliced brat wurst, onions, and a smattering of sauerkraut on top of this gem. Shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese and a creamy mustard garlic sauce make this a Wisconsin flavor treasure!

My wife thought it sounded disgusting, but she's not a fan of sauerkraut like I am.

Blade2.0

A couple weeks ago I took my kids to the Wisconsin Dells for spring break and the pizza joint we ordered from had the following;

Wisconsin Golden Nugget – Golden nuggets of Wisconsin cheese curds, sliced brat wurst, onions, and a smattering of sauerkraut on top of this gem. Shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese and a creamy mustard garlic sauce make this a Wisconsin flavor treasure!

My wife thought it sounded disgusting, but she's not a fan of sauerkraut like I am.
Sounds amazing.

Fools idol

Banned
the health benefits of Sauerkraut weigh out the detriments of pizza I guess.

That shit tastes like ass on its own, I dont know how anyone can eat it as like a condiment or whatever.

Zug

Another wierd pizza combo that you can often come across in France is goat cheese and honey.
Not a great fan myself, but for some reason, it works.

Tams

Another wierd pizza combo that you can often come across in France is goat cheese and honey.
Not a great fan myself, but for some reason, it works.
Goat cheese and honey is incredible. Add in caramelised red onions and...

Happy Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Cheese and honey pizza is also really big in Japan. You can find it at pretty much any places that sells pizza there.

Top Bottom