• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think both 343i and Xbox should reconsider their opinions and delay Halo Infinite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derktron

Banned
Mod edit: this is being discussed in the thread regarding the absence of modes at launch. This is an opinion that can be discussed in there.

I don't know what everyone is thinking about this news where some modes won't be released on launch but I'm sorry to say and this is just my personal take on this matter, I think Xbox should reconsider their options when it comes to releasing Halo Infinite this year. In my eyes, the lack of Forge and lack of story co-op (Even though I can care less for it) is an indication of an unfinished game, and both 343i and Xbox should think twice before thinking about releasing Halo Infinite. -- Xbox has to think straight and think of the negatives that will come from it.

I don't know maybe I'm being dramatic and the game will do amazing with success and the game will be filled with new players and old and will be talked about with the likes of Battlefield and COD this year. To me, this feels unfinished.

Thoughts?

As a wise man once said - "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -- Shigeru Miyamoto

Edit: I'm still excited to play the game, feels solid after playing the early Beta.

Edit 2: this aged poorly --
cbAYJvG.png

Edit 3: Seems like I hit a nerve with some, I for one better not see anyone on this website complain about anything about this game is bad in terms of nothing being finished or anything. I better see the same energy that you guys are keeping now with this. A wise man once said and I quote

Last edited by a moderator:

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Yes. I think all games should be delayed, thus giving me more time to spend on Factorio and Deep Rock Galactic, and less time raging pseudonymously online about high priced entertainment products that have a deliberately brief shelf life.

elliot5

No. Release single player and multiplayer as they are confident in its condition for the Holiday. Don't make me have to wait another 3-6 months just for co-op. If co-op matters that much, you can wait for the patch. It's disappointing I know; I was anticipating playing with some buddies, but oh well. I still want to play it this year and can always replay the campaign with friends.

graywolf323

I'm like in 50% agreement with you OP on this

I don't think they need to delay the multiplayer though since it's gonna be a separate free standalone app IIRC? but yeah just delay the story mode until co-op is ready (also how the bleep is it not ready after this many years?)

I think they'll definitely release it because it's the only big exclusive coming this year of the two platforms imo I would if I was ms and I think it will do just fine it's good optics at the very least .

Derktron

Banned
I'm like in 50% agreement with you OP on this

I don't think they need to delay the multiplayer though since it's gonna be a separate free standalone app IIRC? but yeah just delay the story mode until co-op is ready (also how the bleep is it not ready after this many years?)
I think they should just release online as it's according to them F2P but...............Many people in the community want the full experience at launch and that includes story.

anothertech

I don't know what everyone is thinking about this news where some modes won't be released on launch but I'm sorry to say and this is just my personal take on this matter, I think Xbox should reconsider their options when it comes to releasing Halo Infinite this year. In my eyes, the lack of Forge and lack of story co-op (Even though I can care less for it) is an indication of an unfinished game, and both 343i and Xbox should think twice before thinking about releasing Halo Infinite. -- Xbox has to think straight and think of the negatives that will come from it.

I don't know maybe I'm being dramatic and the game will do amazing with success and the game will be filled with new players and old and will be talked about with the likes of Battlefield and COD this year. To me, this feels unfinished.

Thoughts?

As a wise man once said - "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -- Shigeru Miyamoto

Edit: I'm still excited to play the game, feels solid after playing the early Beta.

Edit 2: this aged poorly --
cbAYJvG.png
As much as I hate this and loathe 343i for not getting coop ready in time, I feel I've waited long enough. I'd rather play the campaign sooner than later tbh. I've definitely waited long enough.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I could wait already have Forza hitting in the same time frame and Horizon 2 is gonna get bumped anyways, so no real competition from Sony for the holiday.

That said I’m sure they ran the numbers and co op must not be a killer feature. Forge can wait, give the player base time to play the game before they start monkeying around with it.

I'm ready for it now, not having certain multiplayer modes isn't super important. Where did the idea that they don't have co-op campaign come from though? I thought that was going to be available day one?

Edit: just saw the news articles about it. That's a bummer to me. I have played every single campaign by myself, and then in campaign co-op with my brother. Looks like we'll be waiting on the co-op mode.

Last edited:

Hawk269

Your quote OP about Shigeru clearly shows you have no fucking ideal what he meant by that comment. Forge and CO-OP Campaign are features that can be added....Shigeru comment was more about shipping a bad game (look at Cyberpunk 2077). You also said you might be being "dramatic" well you nailed that part!

MrFunSocks

Banned
Nah.

Look at it this way instead - Halo infinite getting free campaign co-op update post launch! Halo infinite getting free level and game builder post launch!

It's a GaaS game, it's going to be supported for years. Who cares if it takes a few months for a co op campaign? Just pretend the game got delayed if it's somehow imperative to you that it's there on day one. People that care about those things are the minority. I don't care if it never gets co op, I just want to play multiplayer.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
With the free to play multiplayer they can easily delay the campaign, whether they are going to is another discussion. Xbox hasn't had a banger exclusive for an entire year of a new system

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

Nah.

Look at it this way instead - Halo infinite getting free campaign co-op update post launch! Halo infinite getting free level and game builder post launch!

It's a GaaS game, it's going to be supported for years. Who cares if it takes a few months for a co op campaign? Just pretend the game got delayed if it's somehow imperative to you that it's there on day one. People that care about those things are the minority. I don't care if it never gets co op, I just want to play multiplayer.
Because a pillar franchise like Halo shouldnt be treated as a GAAS....?

KAL2006

Banned
Nah.

Expactly they should have released it earlier. Who needs a campaign the multiplayer should have released soon as it was ready. Who needs a campaign at once. They should just release levels as they go, then they can see they released more free content. It makes sense to release less so they can say look here is some free content. With multiplayer you don't need that many maps, they could have released sooner with 2 maps, then they would have FREE maps, they can market FREE maps who cares about these lot that want all these features. You can just pretend the game don't exist until all the features you want are there why should they make us folks wait longer who just want the game early. Microsoft should also release Starfield early next year instead of fall, split the game in two parts and make the 2nd half like a free expansion.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Expactly they should have released it earlier. Who needs a campaign the multiplayer should have released soon as it was ready. Who needs a campaign at once. They should just release levels as they go, then they can see they released more free content. It makes sense to release less so they can say look here is some free content. With multiplayer you don't need that many maps, they could have released sooner with 2 maps, then they would have FREE maps, they can market FREE maps who cares about these lot that want all these features. You can just pretend the game don't exist until all the features you want are there why should they make us folks wait longer who just want the game early. Microsoft should also release Starfield early next year instead of fall, split the game in two parts and make the 2nd half like a free expansion.
The campaign is still there though. The game will be a complete game on release. It's then getting co op and forge after release. Not at all the same as what you're saying.

Warnen

Flight SIM isn't a banger it's a niche title first and foremost that was on PC already for almost a whole year, bangers would equate to a Zelda or a god of war, pokemon, rachet and clank etc. also when does forza release?
I’ll give ya Zelda, Pokémon and god of war, but ratchet? Come on now…

November

Warnen

The fastest selling game in the franchise at 1.1 million units in a month isn't considered a banger?

right so i was right an entire year without a banger

I don’t know if your kidding or serious? Putting Ratchet up there with Zelda Pokémon and God of War….

Also depending how long Horzion 2 will be delayed it might be close to a year between “bangers“ on PS5…

Last edited:

Cacadookie

Neo Member
Nah, I want to play the campaign and multiplayer. I don't care for Co-op. Forge can wait if it means it's going to be much better than originally planned.

Codes 208

No. I want to play multplayer and solo campaign is fine, i couldnt care less about co-op or forge coming at launch or not

Last edited:
Jesus. People here really want this to be a scandal.

Not going to play it at launch because you need Co-op? Fine. Who cares. It's going to live for free on on gamepass forever. They don't care if you're not going to play it at launch.

Esppiral

I only care about the main campaign, so since I don't give a fuck about the multiplayer, no they better not delay it.

Because a pillar franchise like Halo shouldnt be treated as a GAAS....?
You realize GaaS is just a business model, right? It's not inherently good or bad, just like any other type of gaming business model. It only takes on a good or bad connotation based on how the developer and/or publisher makes use of it.

I wonder if fans of mid-tier games from the early '00s felt this way when that business model seemed to die out for a while, or people who expected all the packaging content from full-priced games in the late '90s suddenly seeing the extra bonuses moved up to collector's editions? Seems like these worries are just stuck on repeat :S.

TheBomb

You realize GaaS is just a business model, right? It's not inherently good or bad, just like any other type of gaming business model. It only takes on a good or bad connotation based on how the developer and/or publisher makes use of it.

I wonder if fans of mid-tier games from the early '00s felt this way when that business model seemed to die out for a while, or people who expected all the packaging content from full-priced games in the late '90s suddenly seeing the extra bonuses moved up to collector's editions? Seems like these worries are just stuck on repeat :S.
I'm just looking at your avatar.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

Games as a service in the right hands ala rainbow six can be great, games as a service for a team that still can't get Halo right in the first place and fumble a ball with no opponents on the field is embarassing

I think gamers are really pissed right now knowing they won't be able to go through the campaign via coop. It's almost a tradition for some halo fans to play through the campaign together when it first releases. And so the alternative is to play solo or to try not to have the game spoiled waiting months for coop to release. is just not a good alternative.

Better to release multiplayer on schedule and delay campaign. I think going the other way and releasing without coop is going to rub too many people the wrong way. So, basically, don't. do. it. We waited this long. Let multiplayer tide everyone over until coop is ready. Those are my thoughts.

Warnen

Games as a service in the right hands ala rainbow six can be great, games as a service for a team that still can't get Halo right in the first place and fumble a ball with no opponents on the field is embarassing
Forza’s support was pretty good with expansion and such, same with gears. Even sea of theives righted the ship to still be popular today. Think MS has this GaaS thing down pretty well now. Especially when compared to some others (racing all stars anyone :messenger_grinning_smiling: ).

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Wonder if the OP felt the same way about Last of Us 2 not launching with the MP component and it is still is not out???
TLOU 2 never claimed it would at launch.

Triggered? Why mention a Playstation game in a Halo thread.🤔

Anyway it's been delayed already and certain features are getting delayed so a delay isn't needed.

However if another year delay removed xbo support I be all for it.

KAL2006

Banned
Wonder if the OP felt the same way about Last of Us 2 not launching with the MP component and it is still is not out???

I think Last of Us is known for its quality singleplayer. Factions did have a following but its obvious the campaign of Last of Us is the highlight. As shown by the sales data of Last of Us 2 it's obvious having no multiplayer didn't affect Last of Us 2 sales. Where as with Halo Microsoft haven't bothered to show updated sales data of Halo 5 even though it launched with a campaign and multiplayer. Also Last of Us 2 was advertised to not have multiplayer quite early on in the marketing not a desperate last minute change like this Halo game missing features the franchise is known for.

I do think a standalone Last of Us Factions will flop, either Sony will have to release it for free as a F2P game or Plus game, or bundle it with Last of Us 2 Remastered.

Last edited:

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

Forza’s support was pretty good with expansion and such, same with gears. Even sea of theives righted the ship to still be popular today. Think MS has this GaaS thing down pretty well now. Especially when compared to some others (racing all stars anyone :messenger_grinning_smiling: ).
I dont know if you missed my point or are just slow, however forza has been THEE pillar franchise and key developer that kept them afloat the entirety of last gen and i always take my hats off to them, great on the other hand has been spotty if it was a successful gaas they player count should be higher now then 600's on steam, sea of theives with the kraken packing took years to finally get a firm grip on what they wanted to do, however again we are taking about 343 a company that has dropped the ball with Halo time and time again where they can't get either the single player and or multiplayer right, and we expect them to do a successful gaas?

Last edited:
Nah, I want it right when it's fucking ready. Co-Op and Forge don't mean a damn thing to me. I was never going to play Halo Infinite co-op. Playing co-op with anybody in a singleplayer experience is almost like a deadly virus infecting my body, triggering dialogue and other story shit for me like cutscenes, talking over the emotional impactful moments, nope. Release it whenever, drops co-op and other shit when it's ready.

Kilau

They won’t delay it but for me it’s pretty much delayed, at least the campaign. I might do some MP but I’ll wait for co-op campaign.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
As someone who only cares about playing the campaign solo, I don't want them to delay the game. Let's get this shit out already.

KAL2006

Banned
Yeah, honestly they can't afford another delay. It will be more than fine I feel. Hopefully it's being added sooner than later though.

But can they afford a subpar game. Halo 4 and 5 didn't do that great, and MasterChef Collection was a mess at launch. Then the mess of the initial showing of the campaign for Infinite (which by the way we haven't seen more of since then) it all has made 343 track record not not seem so great. Then to top it all all the rumoured Dev issues of the game with director leaving.

If this game flops can we just say Halo is done as a franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom